First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Post by scorpion on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:23 am

Booney wrote:ZZ Top in aroung 1985 with Rose Tattoo as support act.

Saw that concert too (M...DRIVE) it was raining

The strong rumour was zztop MIMED all their songs

can't forget ANGRY throwing STUBBIES into the crowd Laughing Laughing
avatar
scorpion

Join date : 2011-12-17
Posts : 44
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Post by scorpion on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:36 am

I have seen many concerts MY 1st was a long time ago at CENTENNAL PK
HALL in the WAYVILLE SHOW GROUNDS

The SEARCHERS,....Del.Shannon, 1..band from NZ who sang
SHE' A MOD

other concerts at the same place R.Orbinson,...Beatles,...G.Pitney and more

the latest The ANGELS at FESTIVAL THEATRE with the ADEL ORCHESTRA early this year
avatar
scorpion

Join date : 2011-12-17
Posts : 44
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Post by Scrappy on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:I "heard" Rose Tattoo at the Arkaba one night, wasn't able to hear anything for weeks after that.

Last century I went and saw Cheap Trick with some friends at a venue in Hindley Street
It was an upstairs room, and not a big venue , cant recall the name of the venue, but it was near the Desert Sands Coffee joint
One person was a mates girlfriend
She had to see Doctors after that gig
She had ear problems, and suffers from Tinnitus as a result

Im sure my current Tinnitus is a result form hearing loud live bands in the 70s and 80s
Tinnitus is a annoying condition where your ears ring and groan

Bearing in my how Ive suffered, Imagine how many band members suffer as well in their later lives
avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3257

Back to top Go down

Re: First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Post by Booney on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:06 pm

scorpion wrote:
Booney wrote:ZZ Top in aroung 1985 with Rose Tattoo as support act.

Saw that concert too (M...DRIVE) it was raining

The strong rumour was zztop MIMED all their songs

can't forget ANGRY throwing STUBBIES into the crowd Laughing Laughing

Yep, was a warm day that ended up with a summer storm at night. I remember the day well, I made 30 n.o on Lockleys PS Oval and had to retire ( as you did back then in school cricket ) was my first 30 n.o. Very Happy

Yep, I recall Angry throwing the VB stubbies into the crowd too.

As for ZZ Top miming, I would not be surprised.
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Post by firstblood on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Sherbert at the Octagon theater in Elizabeth early 70's ... they were not a well known band at the time. Very Happy
avatar
firstblood

Join date : 2011-08-24
Posts : 1304
My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Post by firstblood on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Alice Cooper's 'Welcome to my Nightmare' concert at Football Park, i walked out stoned after the concert without even having a smoke, there was that much of it in the air. Smile
avatar
firstblood

Join date : 2011-08-24
Posts : 1304
My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Post by blacky on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:19 pm

scorpion wrote:I have seen many concerts MY 1st was a long time ago at CENTENNAL PK
HALL in the WAYVILLE SHOW GROUNDS

The SEARCHERS,....Del.Shannon, 1..band from NZ who sang
SHE' A MOD

other concerts at the same place R.Orbinson,...Beatles,...G.Pitney and more

the latest The ANGELS at FESTIVAL THEATRE with the ADEL ORCHESTRA early this year
band name RAY COLUMBUS & THE INVADERS -
avatar
blacky

Join date : 2011-12-23
Posts : 289
Location : Where there is a good beer
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Post by testy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm

firstblood wrote:Alice Cooper's 'Welcome to my Nightmare' concert at Football Park, i walked out stoned after the concert without even having a smoke, there was that much of it in the air. Smile

I didn't see you there FB, one of the best concerts I have ever seen--I loved Alice Cooper's early music, Billion dollar Babies and Schools Out were my two favourite albums, I still play them now and then.
avatar
testy

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1432
Location : Dog House
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Post by scorpion on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks Blacky

On the same show was Dinah Lee a bird from NZ
Her hit was (Don't you know KOCKOMO) Very Happy
avatar
scorpion

Join date : 2011-12-17
Posts : 44
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: First Concert/Gig you ever saw ?

Post by Southee on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 pm

testy wrote:
firstblood wrote:Alice Cooper's 'Welcome to my Nightmare' concert at Football Park, i walked out stoned after the concert without even having a smoke, there was that much of it in the air. Smile

I didn't see you there FB, one of the best concerts I have ever seen--I loved Alice Cooper's early music, Billion dollar Babies and Schools Out were my two favourite albums, I still play them now and then.

Love Alice Cooper. I was born in 1974 so would have been to young to see that one guys Smile

Would have loved too.

Welcome to my Nightmare is a great record. Bob Ezrin who produced it is a genius!!! Love his work Smile
avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 926
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum