Favorite Beatles Songs

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by C.K on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:02 am

From the sheer breadth of their catalogue, it may be a very hard one to pick, but what are the favorite tunes of the Beatles for posters?

No particular order for me:

A Day In The Life
Get Back
Hide Your Love Away
Hey Jude
Twist and Shout
Hard Day's Night
Got To Get You Into My Life
I Want To Hold Your Hand
The Ballad of John and Yoko

Fire away, posters...
avatar
C.K

Join date : 2011-12-06
Posts : 1141

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by howthewestwaswon on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:20 am

Here are some of mine:
Strawberry Fields Forever
Come Together
The Long and Winding Road
Something
I Saw Her Standing There
Twist and Shout

But I can't really think of a song from the Beatles that I don't like. scratch
avatar
howthewestwaswon

Join date : 2012-01-28
Posts : 1240
Location : Henley Beach
Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by A Mum on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:28 am

Not sure I'm a Beatle's 'fan' as such - but having been brainwashed as a child... I'd have to go with...

I saw her standing there.
Hey Jude.
Twist and Shout.
Hard days night.

avatar
A Mum

Join date : 2011-12-16
Posts : 2245
Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Scrappy on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:30 pm

All of the Above and more
Theres Something about this band
The greatest band of all time

The one that stands out is Hey Jude
A song I requested on my 23rd birthday in New York

I have the following Albums
The Beatles Rarities
The Beatles Number Ones
A Hard Days night
The Beatles 1962-66
The Beatles Greatest Hits
The Beatles Greatest Hits Volume 2
The Beatles Yellow Submarine

And a stack of singles

A question I have is who was the best Beatle after the band split in 1970 ?

I considered the post Beatle songs/music of George Harrison to be better than the others


avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3257

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Southee on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Gee!!

As you can see with my avatar....Im a massive fan and a good collection of stuff at home and been to Liverpool for the Beatles tours and even New York to see where Lennon was shot. (I actually shead a tear standing there!)

OK...My Top 10. (No Order as it is too hard!) Personal favorite list.

1. A Day in The Life
2. Something
3. I am the Walrus
4. Rain
5. Blackbird
6. Tomorrow Never Knows
7. Strawberry Fields Forever
8. In My Life
9. Yesterday
10. Here Comes The Sun
avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 926
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Southee on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Scrappy....Harrison for me.

All Things Must Pass by George Harrison. The album he made with Phil Spector after the Beatles split is simply one of the best post Beatles albums out there. Smile For a double album is is soooooo good!
avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 926
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Scrappy on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Southee have you got the The Best of George Harrison Album ?
I repeatedly play this album

The tracks
Side 1
Something
If I Needed Someone
Here Comes The Sun
Taxman
Think for Yourself
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
For The Blue

Side 2
My Sweet Lord [listening to as I post]
Give Me Love
You
Bangladesh
Dark Horse
What Is Life

Without this Album I would be like a baby without a dummy
avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3257

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Southee on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Yep Scrappy I have that.

It is such a fine album. Great to get his best hits on one album. Beatles and solo material.

Smile
avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 926
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by testy on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:34 pm


I'm a huge Beatles fan as well and also have a good collection of albums starting from

1...With The beatles
2...Please Please Me
3...A Hard Days Night
4...Beatles For Sale
5...Help
6...Rubber Soul
7...Revolver
8...Sgt Lonely Hearts Club Band
9...Magical Mystery Tour
10...The Beatles The White Album)
11...Yellow Submarine
12...Abbey Road
13...Let It Be

Plus the Red And Blue best of albums-I am the Walrus, Revolution, Strawberry Fields Forever are 3 of my all time favourites.
avatar
testy

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1432
Location : Dog House
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by bayman on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Southee wrote:Scrappy....Harrison for me.

All Things Must Pass by George Harrison. The album he made with Phil Spector after the Beatles split is simply one of the best post Beatles albums out there. Smile For a double album is is soooooo good!

the name Phil Spector rings a bell, is that the same music guy that went to gaol for killing a model ? (or something like that, i recall seeing a doco on foxtel a few weeks ago)
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6767
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Scrappy on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Phil Spector is currently in jail for murder
Refer number 7 on Testys list of Beatles Albums on the the method used
avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3257

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Southee on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:26 pm

bayman wrote:
Southee wrote:Scrappy....Harrison for me.

All Things Must Pass by George Harrison. The album he made with Phil Spector after the Beatles split is simply one of the best post Beatles albums out there. Smile For a double album is is soooooo good!

the name Phil Spector rings a bell, is that the same music guy that went to gaol for killing a model ? (or something like that, i recall seeing a doco on foxtel a few weeks ago)

Sure was Bayman.

Spector is a genius. Produced bands using his famous "Wall of Sound" method of production.

Bands like Ike and Turner, The Supremes, John Lennon's Imagine, The Beatles Let it Be album (even though McCartney hated it!!)

Unfortunately, the Spector is a complete "fruit loop"

Saw that Doco.....he's totally insane!! Shocked
avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 926
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by testy on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:15 am

Southee wrote:
bayman wrote:
Southee wrote:Scrappy....Harrison for me.

All Things Must Pass by George Harrison. The album he made with Phil Spector after the Beatles split is simply one of the best post Beatles albums out there. Smile For a double album is is soooooo good!

the name Phil Spector rings a bell, is that the same music guy that went to gaol for killing a model ? (or something like that, i recall seeing a doco on foxtel a few weeks ago)

Sure was Bayman.

Spector is a genius. Produced bands using his famous "Wall of Sound" method of production.

Bands like Ike and Turner, The Supremes, John Lennon's Imagine, The Beatles Let it Be album (even though McCartney hated it!!)

Unfortunately, the Spector is a complete "fruit loop"

Saw that Doco.....he's totally insane!! Shocked

Yes that doco said it all, he is on another planet.

Very sad ending to such a high profile music producer from all those years ago.
avatar
testy

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1432
Location : Dog House
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Bundy on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Revolution
Helta Skelta ( I got blisters on My fingers )
Something
Let it be
Norwegian Wood
Hide Your Love Away
Strawberry Fields
avatar
Bundy

Join date : 2011-12-18
Posts : 327
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by testy on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Bundy wrote:Revolution
Helta Skelta ( I got blisters on My fingers )
Something
Let it be
Norwegian Wood
Hide Your Love Away
Strawberry Fields

Some great songs there bundy.
avatar
testy

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1432
Location : Dog House
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Adelaide Hawk on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Favourite Beatles song? Every damned one of them. Too many to give a definitive answer.
avatar
Adelaide Hawk

Join date : 2012-01-31
Posts : 1832
Location : Adelaide
Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Rusty Cage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 pm

never been a great fan of the Beatles, much prefer the Doors

Of the Beatles though:

A Day in the Life
Strawberry Fields Forever
Eleanor Rigby
avatar
Rusty Cage

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 29
Location : Adelaide
Teams : Port Adelaide, Redbacks, Lotus F1, Miami Dolphins
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Scrappy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 am

Today marks the 11th year of fab George Harrisons death on 29/11/2001 aged 58





avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3257

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Favourite Beatles song? Every damned one of them. Too many to give a definitive answer.

Agree, there are too many to choose from depending on your mood.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2791
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by howthewestwaswon on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Scrappy wrote:Today marks the 11th year of fab George Harrisons death on 29/11/2001 aged 58

And the Concert for George in 2003(?) is one of the greatest concerts I've got on DVD. Love it! Very Happy
avatar
howthewestwaswon

Join date : 2012-01-28
Posts : 1240
Location : Henley Beach
Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by testy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:47 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Today marks the 11th year of fab George Harrisons death on 29/11/2001 aged 58

And the Concert for George in 2003(?) is one of the greatest concerts I've got on DVD. Love it! Very Happy

We have that one as well, a great line up of music greats. cheers cheers cheers
avatar
testy

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1432
Location : Dog House
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Scrappy on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:48 am

19/2/2013
Ringo Starr performing at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre
avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3257

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:06 am

Scrappy wrote:19/2/2013
Ringo Starr performing at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre

Yeah I saw that.
Wonder if he is bringing his lovely wife.
She was the best Bond Girl ever for me.

..........but then I was 15 when that movie came out and that might have had something to do with it.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2791
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by testy on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:34 pm


I've never been to a drumming concert before. Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
testy

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1432
Location : Dog House
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Beatles Songs

Post by Scrappy on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:07 am

Ravi Shankar , passed away recently , aged 92
That he could influence and educate the Beatles , speaks volumes of his talent

When I think of guitarists I think of the startwangstars Duanne Eddy and Ravi Shankar

Using an old cliche
"Do yourself a favor" ,
Listen to the George Harrison hit Bangladesh
You will listen to the Sitar twangs , and hear the Ravi Influence in that song

George Harrison rather aptly, has described Ravi Shankar as the Godfather of World Music

Ravi has left the building
R.I.P the Indian Sitar sensation
avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3257

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum