Port Adelaide

 :: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:45 am

Ben W wrote:Port played so well that Richmond's officials tried to throw the towel in and have the match ended early!

Apparently only had 15 players on at the end.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2752
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by mickyj on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:54 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Ben W wrote:Port played so well that Richmond's officials tried to throw the towel in and have the match ended early!

Apparently only had 15 players on at the end.

I heard on the radio the AFL saw fit players not playing and told to play them.
While the coach wanted the game to finish early
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1495
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by bayman on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:39 pm

this is part of what happens when they allow betting on trial games & you can call them what you want but they are trial games & trial games only
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6668
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Booney on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:42 am

mickyj wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Ben W wrote:Port played so well that Richmond's officials tried to throw the towel in and have the match ended early!

Apparently only had 15 players on at the end.

I heard on the radio the AFL saw fit players not playing and told to play them.
While the coach wanted the game to finish early

Correct, they had 19 who were still fit to play but Hardwick and the fitness staff didn't want to risk any of their guns ( Deledio, Cotchin etc ) so basically put up the white flag. No surprises there, they've been as soft as butter for 30 years.
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:10 am

Booney wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Ben W wrote:Port played so well that Richmond's officials tried to throw the towel in and have the match ended early!

Apparently only had 15 players on at the end.

I heard on the radio the AFL saw fit players not playing and told to play them.
While the coach wanted the game to finish early

Correct, they had 19 who were still fit to play but Hardwick and the fitness staff didn't want to risk any of their guns ( Deledio, Cotchin etc ) so basically put up the white flag. No surprises there, they've been as soft as butter for 30 years.

What a rubbish approach really. You have to go all in at all times, even in pre-season.

I can't believe Richmond has extended Hardwick's contract TBH. Yes they've made finals, but the need to be better than that this year. Can see him getting the **** at the end of the year and the Richmond members financing another nice coach payout.
avatar
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Booney on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:07 am

Preseason was marred a little by the second half fade out against Melbourne, while it's not an excuse Port played to 90 rotations on a 28° day at Elizabeth while Melbourne rotated over 130 times. Good reason for the fade out.

The young group sent to battle Sydney did so with some purpose and a couple, Dougal Howard in particular, showed signs that bode well for the future.

Finished off with a complete display against Richmond for 3 quarters before the pussy cats raised the white flag.

The most important part of the preseason saw Jared Polec get up to speed and play 3 full games ( intra club, Sydney, Melbourne ) and come through unscathed, Ollie Wines after and interrupted start to the summer got motoring in the last two games, especially the Richmond game, Bobby Carlile made a sound return looking fit to the back line in the last match and big Charlie Dixon made his presence felt in the last half against Richmond, perhaps showing his new team mates he intends to earn every dollar he's getting and that's lots of them.

FB : Pittard Carlile Jonas
HB : Broadbent Trengove Hombsch
C : Polec Wines Hartlett
HF : Neade Westhoff R.Gray
FF : Wingard Dixon Schulz
Foll : Lobbe Boak Ebert
Int : S.Gray,Ah Chee,Impey,Young
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Booney on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:09 am

Simply not good enough from Krakouer, he's a lucky boy in light of recent one punch incidents.

_____________________________________________________________________

PORT ADELAIDE released a statement on Tuesday morning confirming defender Nathan Krakouer had undergone surgery to repair a broken jaw after an incident in Perth on Saturday.

The statement released by the club is as follows:

Port Adelaide player Nathan Krakouer is recovering from surgery on a broken jaw after an incident while out with family in Perth in the early hours of Saturday, March 12.

The 27-year-old was outside a nightclub when he was struck in the head. He has reported the attack to police, who are investigating.

Krakouer was in Perth on a club-sanctioned break but Port Adelaide Football Manager, Chris Davies, says his decision to be drinking at a nightclub was unacceptable.

“Nathan is still recovering from a hamstring strain and his choice to drink alcohol while rehabilitating that injury is far from the professional standards we expect at the Port Adelaide Football Club,” Davies said.

The club’s leadership group has decided Krakouer will train away from the main group until the end of AFL Round 2 and will not be considered for senior selection until AFL Round 6 at the earliest.

Krakouer has apologised to teammates, club staff and supporters and is committed to earning back their trust.

“There is no excuse for me to have been drinking, particularly when I’m still recovering from injury,” Krakouer said. “I’m sorry for betraying the trust of everyone associated with the football club and will do whatever I can to contribute to achieving our goals for this season and beyond.”
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:11 am

Dear oh dear.

In 'bonus' time as far as his career goes as well. Just about done after this incident you would think.
avatar
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Booney on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:25 am

Gingernuts wrote:Dear oh dear.

In 'bonus' time as far as his career goes as well. Just about done after this incident you would think.

Was already rookie listed this year with Impey finishing 2015 in good form.

Will be demoted IMO and will really struggle to come back.
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by bayman on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:56 pm

have i read this correctly ?

Nathan had a night out with family (& friends)
Nathan got struck by someone else with no provocation
Nathan had a drink or two

i'm sorry but i think he's entitled to go out
he got hit by someone else.....there is no fight or argument as i read it
who cares if he had a drink, if he had one or two drinks sitting at home who would know or care ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes they are professionals but they are also human beings & this human being did nothing wrong but have a night out with family (& friends) imho.................if he was ''drunk & disorderly'' fine sanction him but a night out fair dinkum, to me it seems to put a bigger space between players & the general public
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6668
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Ben W on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Sad thing is that Ken Hinkley stood up for the lad and said that "He won't let us down". To take Ken's trust and those others that Ken has to answer to in the club and to then do that is unacceptable and the leadership group at the club are right to ensure that there are consequences over it.

One would hope that Krakouer is genuinely not stupid enough to become yet another player that allows alcohol to ruin his career, yet by the same token if that is his decision then so be it. No amount of offers of help will work until he makes his own decision on where he is going and sadly I would suggest its fairly obvious what his decision is. A shame because he is a talented kid that well have could have gone further in his career.
avatar
Ben W

Join date : 2011-12-22
Posts : 1167
Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by bayman on Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:15 pm

for all you Port or even like me non Port supporters, UBET on the tattsbet site have a promotion of Port to make the final 8 @ $2.00 for a maximum bet of $25.00 offer open until sold out or i presume round 1


if you click sports the tattstwist promotion is the top of the sports list on the left hand side as you look at the screen, looks good value to me so i've taken it but be warned Port rarely gives me a good result

avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6668
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:03 am

bayman wrote: looks good value to me so i've taken it but be warned Port rarely gives me a good result

Well here's hoping you've just taken one for the team then bayman! Wink Laughing
avatar
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by oldfella on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:46 am

bayman wrote:have i read this correctly ?

Nathan had a night out with family (& friends)
Nathan got struck by someone else with no provocation
Nathan had a drink or two

i'm sorry but i think he's entitled to go out
he got hit by someone else.....there is no fight or argument as i read it
who cares if he had a drink, if he had one or two drinks sitting at home who would know or care ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes they are professionals but they are also human beings & this human being did nothing wrong but have a night out with family (& friends) imho.................if he was ''drunk & disorderly'' fine sanction him but a night out fair dinkum, to me it seems to put a bigger space between players & the general public

Well posted lets not kill the kid without full facts

reading from the clubs response actions it wouls appear that bayman post above is substantialy correct and raises the question off what has this kid done wrong except have a meal with family

Very good post bayman
avatar
oldfella

Join date : 2011-12-13
Posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Booney on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:09 pm

At 2am outside a notorious night club, hardly dinner with family.
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by UncleHuey on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:15 pm

Booney wrote:At 2am outside a notorious night club, hardly dinner with family.

True, but the Krakouer's are a large family in Perth, not all of whom have a history of staying on the "straight and narrow". The extended family has a few enemies within the indigenous community so it is possible that Nathan was out with other family members, and not on the turps, and got targeted purely because of who his family is.
Or he could have been on the turps and got snotted because he was in arrogant, drunk, "I'm an AFL footballer" mode and got what he deserved.

I have no idea but I suspect that we will all know in the fullness of time. Whichever it is, it has done the chances of him extending his AFL career no favours.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1010
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by oldfella on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:06 pm

oldfella wrote:
bayman wrote:have i read this correctly ?

Nathan had a night out with family (& friends)
Nathan got struck by someone else with no provocation
Nathan had a drink or two

i'm sorry but i think he's entitled to go out
he got hit by someone else.....there is no fight or argument as i read it
who cares if he had a drink, if he had one or two drinks sitting at home who would know or care ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes they are professionals but they are also human beings & this human being did nothing wrong but have a night out with family (& friends) imho.................if he was ''drunk & disorderly'' fine sanction him but a night out fair dinkum, to me it seems to put a bigger space between players & the general public

Western australian pol

Well posted   lets not kill the kid without full facts

reading from the clubs response actions it wouls appear that bayman post above is substantialy correct and raises the question off what has this kid done wrong except have a meal with family

Very good post bayman

Just on advertiser web page western australian police investigation identify that the attack was unprovoked port adelaide states that only sin by player was having a beer


Important to wait for facts before judging i would say

Does seem to me that existing penalty for having a beer with family is over the top and was a club public face hip reaction not a considered professional determination .
avatar
oldfella

Join date : 2011-12-13
Posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by bayman on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:47 pm

rumour & i stress rumour only is that Nathan ''knows'' the culprit
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6668
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by mickyj on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:39 pm

bayman wrote:rumour & i stress rumour only is that Nathan ''knows'' the culprit

I know Ive been a big port hater ( so to speak ) but really look at Nathan he is Aboriginal they have it harder than non Aboriginals . All be it in a night club bar or whatever the place was ,
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1495
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Booney on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Matt White ruled out until round 14 with a torn pectoral muscle.
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Lee on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:10 pm

He's had a shocking run with injury, hasn't he?

Hope he has a better run after that.

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6849
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:51 am

Is it a Pectoral or Pectorial?
The knobs on the radio keep calling it the latter.
But I always thought it was a pectoral.

A very trivial thing I know, but some of the MMM callers are so brain dead.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2752
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Booney on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:56 am

Pectoral and Triple M is ****. Wink
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:48 am

Triple M is **** - but I can't really do 5AA either and I need to get my footy fix somewhere.

Generally listen to Triple M in the car, and flick channels if they get a numpty on or Jars/Lewie get too much. I podcast particular 5AA interviews rather than listening to the whole show.
avatar
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by IAmTheWarrior on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:26 am

Stream sen.com.au Ginge. There's obviously a lot less Adelaide content but the quality and variety is much better. (There's also an app for your smartphone)
avatar
IAmTheWarrior

Join date : 2013-09-09
Posts : 239
Location : Melbourne
Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 :: AFL :: SA in the AFL

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum