Port Adelaide

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 pm

They keep saying that memberships finish in the next few days. Does that mean they don't want anymore? Wink
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:They keep saying that memberships finish in the next few days. Does that mean they don't want anymore? Wink

No, they keep saying if you had one last year and want to renew with the same package and seats, you have until tonight to do so. That's for 11 game membership packages. Of course, you can be a club member without the ticketing aspect.
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Booney wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:They keep saying that memberships finish in the next few days. Does that mean they don't want anymore? Wink

No, they keep saying if you had one last year and want to renew with the same package and seats, you have until tonight to do so. That's for 11 game membership packages. Of course, you can be a club member without the ticketing aspect.

Yeah, was just being naughty.
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Matt Lobbe has been elevated to vice-Captain alongside Brad Ebert, while young gun Ollie Wines has been added to the 7 man leadership group led by Travis Boak.

Boak ( C )
Ebert, Lobbe ( VC )
Trengove, Hartlett, Jonas and Wines

With there being every chance the centre square could start at any given time with Lobbe, Boak, Ebert and Wines in there it's great to have your leaders on and around the ball.

Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Because I barrack for St Kilda, that means close to September and in September I have to follow another team
That team for me is a team that plays attractive football

That being the case I will barrack for Port foremost
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:25 am

Scrappy wrote:Because I barrack for St Kilda, that means close to September and in September I have to follow another team
That team for me is a team that plays attractive football

That being the case I will barrack for Port foremost

Or you could just go fishing like all the other St Kilda, Melbourne and Bulldogs supporters do. Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Port started the "official" pre-season campaign with a solid 40 point win over the WCE at Norwood Oval ( yeah, I don't know why either )

While over playing the creative, running game somewhat on the small confines of the Parade, Port surrendered the ball a few times simply by over doing the handball.

Both sides were without several first choice players. Port missed Ryder, Monfries, Trengove, Wingard, Broadbent, Hombsch and Polec. All of whom add plenty to the side. Hartlett was subbed out early with a groin strain, it's not yet known the extent of it. Scans today ( 10/3 ) will confirm the news.

Port head to Albury this weekend, mindful of not over doing it for some of the older players in the group and, as such, expect a very raw young Port side to be on show this week. Good opportunity for many younger players to get a taste of AFL action.

The following week expect both Adelaide sides to be as close to their round 1 sides as possible for the last pre-season match before season proper.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:55 am

Port membership to over 56,000.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:59 am

Only 3 years ago you were struggling to even get 20k to a game. How does that even happen?
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:23 am

Who cares!

It's good for Port, which in turn, should be good for football in this state. There's no denying the financial assistance we have been given recently. Anything that reduces the burden on the SANFL (which really happened when the licences were sold) then the better!

Interestingly I recall reading a report/study from around 2000-2002 that said Port Adelaide's AFL push off field will peak around 2017-2020.

In 1997, when we first entered the AFL, you loved us or hated us. Kids born around the turn of the century had no idea what had happened in the 60's, 70's and more so late 80's early 90's. Heck, I try to explain it to my daughter ( born in 2000 ) and it makes me wonder if it's all true or not! lol.

So, those early 00's who had no preconceived ideas about Port were being hit with Thunder Power / marketing in the 2000's and the report stated by 2017-2020 when these kids become income earning young adults they will bolster the PAFC off field.

Uncanny that we are heading up the ladder at the right time while membership/support is going through the roof at the same time. I'll try and find the article.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:30 am

That makes sense actually.

I often wondered during those lean times a few years back whether Port fans were just used to success, and so to be so friggin hopeless was just a concept that was completely foreign to them.

In a sense, being a Port fan was dead easy until 2008. Just rock up and watch your team win.

08 - 12 was probably the first time Port Adelaide as a club had faced serious questions about it's fabric in a good 50 years, maybe even longer.
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:50 am

FORMER Adelaide Crows forward Trent Hentschel will join Port Adelaide in a joint administrative and development role in time for the 2015 season.

Hentschel, 32, was recruited to the Crows with pick No. 5 in the 2002 pre-season draft and eventually played 71 games until his injury-forced retirement in 2010.

He played in 2011 for Woodville-West Torrens and has since acted in a development role for the SANFL’s Eagles, currently as a league assistant coach and football manager.

Hentschel will act as a forward development coach with the Power, supporting fellow Adelaide alumnus-turned-Power forwards coach Tyson Edwards.

Additionally, he will work as the game day forwards line coach for Port Adelaide’s SANFL League side, working under senior coach Garry Hocking and alongside fellow development-cum-SANFL line coaches Stuart Cochrane (backs) and Jacob Surjan (midfield).

Port Adelaide’s general manager of football Chris Davies told portadelaidefc.com.au the acquisition of Hentschel into a joint coaching-administrative role was essential to the club completing its coaching line up.

“With Trent coming into this role, we now have a full team of development coaches supporting our head line coaches,” Davies said.

“Trent was a talented footballer at AFL level and his experience working back from several injuries during his career means he’s got a real depth of experience of what players can deal with day-to-day in the industry.

“He’s done a great job with Woodville-West Torrens as an assistant coach for their league team and will be a great fit for us culturally and in a coaching sense too.

“Administratively, he’ll be assisting to manage the day-to-day needs of the footy department, which is another critical role.”

Hentschel will commence with Port Adelaide at the end of March.

Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:59 pm

In Ken we trust.

Is that how it goes?
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:05 am

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-drug-scandal-port-adelaide-to-ask-for-compensation-if-players-are-suspended-20150330-1mb6wp.html

Port will seek compensation, perhaps the chance to upgrade a rookie, if Monfries is suspended. The club (IMO would successfully) argue when Port recruited Monfries at the end of 2012 nobody had any knowledge of what the player may/may not have been through. The drug saga had yet to unfold.

Fully aware of Ryders circumstances, Port will wear the suspension, if any, that is handed to Ryder.

Fair and reasonable I would have thought.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:27 am

Fair and reasonable I would have thought too.
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:49 pm

A Mum wrote:Fair and reasonable I would have thought too.  

Me too
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:16 pm

I guess they would be free to play now that the afl finds players not guilty?
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:33 am

And I'm a Penrith supporter!!
Laughing Laughing
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/penrith-panthers/penrith-panthers-and-port-adelaide-power-form-groundbreaking-alliance-between-nrl-and-afl-20150415-1mljly.html

The NRL and AFL have long been enemies, but the Penrith Panthers and Port Adelaide Power have formed a groundbreaking alliance.

In a move likely to reverberate through both NRL and AFL headquarters, the Panthers-Power affiliation is a revolutionary partnership aimed at helping both clubs develop their brands in a bid to compete with the premier organisations of their respective codes.

Port Adelaide chairman and Sunrise host David Koch visited Panthers in the off-season, presenting to Penrith club executives, football staff and administration.

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch.
Port Adelaide chairman David Koch. Photo: Matt King
Koch spoke in detail about the need to invest in the football program and aligning the business with the brand strength, providing an insight into how the club has risen from mediocrity – both on and off the field – amid mounting financial pressures in the past three years.

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary and his coaching staff are scheduled to visit Port Adelaide next month to share best practices on football operations and strength and conditioning programs, as well as undertaking a tour of Port's training facilities.

"It will give us a look into how an AFL team structures their football program," Panthers football club chief executive Justin Pascoe said. "The biggest attraction that both Ivan and myself realised that Port coach Ken Hinkley shares similar values around work ethic, discipline and humility – all the things we pride our football program on as well.

"This partnership has the potential to extend past just football. It extends through the whole organisation and Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas and myself are currently in discussion around several initiatives, including an employee exchange program aimed at sharing and transferring knowledge, skills and capabilities."

It is not the first time the Panthers have tried to link with a rival code, with Panthers Group having made enquiries about purchasing the Wanderers from Football Federation Australia in 2013.

While Penrith are interested in the membership growth and corporate capabilities of the AFL club, Port Adelaide are interested in the business operations of the Panthers Group run by group chief executive Warren Wilson.

"The way Warren's transformed the business into a profitable organisation is something Port Adelaide indicated very early as a reason they wanted to open up discussions with us about this partnership," Pascoe said. "It is our collective responsibility to make sure that we are opening ourselves up to opportunities that exist across other elite organisations where best practice exists. Port Adelaide represents one of those elite organisations.

"One of the most attractive aspects of the Port Adelaide organisation was the on and off-field successes they've had within their organisation over the past five years and the synergies that represent what our transformation has been."

Port Adelaide are also considered to be the pace-setters in game-day entertainment, which includes thousands of fans involved in the "march from the mall" before each home game and the "never tear us apart" anthem the club has adopted as its own.

After three years of rebuilding, both Port Adelaide and Penrith reached the penultimate weekend of the season last year. Both are considered genuine premiership contenders in 2015, but their success has not been limited to on-field feats.

In 2012 Port Adelaide's membership was just over 37,000, the same figure it had been hovering close to since entering the AFL in 1997. However the club's rapid rise on the field has coincided with a noticeable progression off it, with membership about to pip 60,000 and home crowd averages up from 19,911 in 2012 to 44,429 last season.

Penrith's membership has increased from 6000 in 2013 to more than 16,000 members in 2014, now tracking towards 20,000 in 2015
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Im a bit worried about Port's selection this weekend .. Still a side oozing class and quality, and whilst some of the younger ones coming will be excellent players down the track, hopefully they can stand up in what I expect to be a very hot game.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Fri May 08, 2015 12:42 pm

60,000 members

Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul on Fri May 08, 2015 2:51 pm

Hmmm a monetary incentive to attend Port Games.
Can they even afford it?
How about just going for the love of the game.
Kochie putting his own funds in?
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Fri May 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Our premier partner, the RAA is coming to the party. Not Ports money, not Kochies money.... Rolling Eyes

But a good snipe nonetheless. Cool

RAA will give one lucky supporter $10,000 every time Port Adelaide's home crowd reaches 50,000.

The prize will celebrate Port Adelaide reaching its 60,000-member target ahead of Round 6's game against West Coast at the Adelaide Oval.

As Port Adelaide's official membership partner, RAA wants to help keep the Power's current record average attendance figure going for the rest of the year.

RAA general manager of sales and marketing Tom Griffiths said it made sense to offer the reward every time Port Adelaide packed the house at the Oval.

“Membership is at the heart of everything we do at RAA and this focus is certainly something we share in common with Port Adelaide,” Griffiths said.

“Reaching 60,000 members is a fantastic achievement and RAA is delighted to support Port Adelaide in encouraging members and supporters to get to the club’s remaining Adelaide Oval games this season.”

The cheque for $10,000 will be awarded to one randomly selected fan at the ground when the official attendance figure exceeds 50,000 at three-quarter time of Power home games.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:38 pm

Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:53 am

I think that's a good outcome all round. You'd have to think a forward line with him and Dixon would be much more enjoyable for him to play in. It will certainly present more challenges for the opposition defence.
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum