Crabb & Liddle.

Go down

Crabb & Liddle. Empty Crabb & Liddle.

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Congratulations  to these South Adelaide stalwarts on great careers that concluded on Saturday with a great win over the Crows.
Brad Crabb, a former captain of the club , was recruited from Kangaroo Island. Whilst some would say he was a player with limited ability, he more than made up for that with his desperation, hardness and competitiveness. Slotting in at Full Back for South has never been easy particularly in our not too distant past when he must have felt like General Custer on most Saturdays. Times have changed however and in recent years brad has often taken the oppositions third tall and showed some attacking flair albeit from defence. Brad is also genuinely good bloke, always up for a chat and has a wicked sense of humour - he's always been a crowd favourite at Noarlunga, wore his heart on his sleeve and never gave up on a contest, not once. A fine example to the juniors ,one hopes he continues in a coaching role at the club in the future.
Nick Liddle- "the ginger ninja"..as a few call him. What a player.. exquisite skills by hand or foot either side of the body, courage personified and durability- he rarely missed a game.Should definitely have won at least one or two Magarey medals; he finished top 5 in 5 years and runner up once. Interesting in his first year he had his best year but barely got a vote in a poor year for South. Told me he knew he wouldnt win after in the final minor round game an umpire told him to "get back on the mark No.9 " ! Nick also won the RO Shearman medal voted on post games by the sanfl coaches .He has 5 Knuckey cups to his name- which puts him in very elite company at South - mentioned in the same breath as Deane and Darley.
If Nick was 5kgs heavier and 5cm taller he'd have been an AFL gun. In my opinion, the best player to wear the Blue and White since Mark Naley- bar none.- big call I know! fearless and courageous belying his small stature , his disposal was flawless. He played mainly through the midfield and the wing, but also spent time forward where he was very creative everytime he touched the footy. Loved watching him play.
Two fine men lost to the club, giant shoes to fill....
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Crabb & Liddle. Empty Re: Crabb & Liddle.

Post by C.K on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:32 pm

Great write-up on two fantastic South stalwarts. Brad Crabb has always been so reliable in defence for so long, often under a huge weight of forward 50 entries, and has never shirked the task as either a defender or a leader.

Nick Liddle was brilliant in his first season at the club and I thought he was a fair chance in the Magarey but only polled 9 from memory, yet his second year seemed less dominant but polled 20 or so. Such a reliable ball-winner, who was scrupulously fair and an absolute pleasure to commentate on. Both fantastic representatives of their club, and both South and the SANFL is a little poorer for their departure.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Crabb & Liddle. Empty Re: Crabb & Liddle.

Post by UncleHuey on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:22 pm

Two very good players who were stalwarts of the club. Both highly respected by the opposition.

Will be hard to replace.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum