Norwood v North Round 15

Go down

Norwood v North Round 15 Empty Norwood v North Round 15

Post by Thiele on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:39 pm

Live radio/scores/stats on the SANFL App | Live scores/stats at sanfl.com.au
NORWOOD
Norwood has regained a premiership utility for its crunch match against North on Sunday.
Ed Smart has been named on a six-man extended interchange bench after being a late withdrawal against Glenelg when he injured his quad during the warm-up.
Smart has been joined in the Redlegs’ 24-man squad by former Panther Cody Szust and 19-year-old Wudinna product Sam Buckham, who could make his League debut.
Three players will be trimmed from the squad before the bounce.
League
F: Gerloff, L. Johnston, Bampton
HF: J. Richards, Dawe, A. Wilson
C: Z. Richards, Panos, Hamilton
HB: McKenzie, Talia, Wilkins
B: Ball, Georgiou, Shenton

R: Baulderstone, Grigg, Stephens
INT: Barry, Nunn, Taheny, Buckham, Szust, Smart
IN: Smart, Szust, Buckham
Reserves
D. Johnston, Pedro, Crauford, Bristow, Collins, Millman, Saywell, Fahlbusch-Moore, Barnett, Olsson, Spence, Di Stefano, Heard, Charlton, Olds, Pascoe, Coles, Bode, Bower, Martin, Waters, Wilhelm.
Under-18
Murley, Joseph, De Luca, Jones, Morris, Cavallaro, D. Trepka, Foale, Kent, M. Trepka, Kudra, Scott, Altomare, Gal, Murphy, Falco, Swanbury, Fairbrother, Minervini, Carroll, Lake, Bartlett, Duke, Binder, Hearing, Heintze.
NORTH
North Adelaide has been forced to make one change to its back six for the Grand Final rematch against Norwood on Sunday.
Half-back Dylan Aldridge has been recalled for his first League game since Round 12.
He replaces RAA Rookie and Torrens University SA U18 defender Karl Finlay, who was unable to be considered due to a hip complaint.
Premiership defender Cameron Craig will play his 100th Statewide Super League game.
Luckless utility Sam McInerney will play his first game of the season in the Reserves after overcoming a nagging groin issue.
League
F: Szekely, Harvey, Hender
HF: Spina, Laurie, Jarman
C: Allmond, Tropiano, Neagle
HB: Minervini, Smith, Aldridge
B: Slee, C. Craig, Clisby

R: A. Barns, T. Schwarz, Thring
INT: Combe, Lower, Miller
IN: Aldridge
OUT: Finlay (hip)
Reserves
Neade, Kirk, Wharton, Olekalns, Verity, J.Schwarz, Deep, C.Barns, J.Craig, McInerney, Blair, Agorastos, Nixon, Keller, Ginever, Hilder, Rigney, Coleman-Oakes, Bowman, Langley, Flanagan.
Under-18
F: Marshall, Robinson, Newchurch
HF: Antrobus, Scott, Byrne
C: Crompton, Magor, McNamara
HB: Nance, Simon, Osborne
B: Akker, Vasey, N. Santillo
R: Hart, L. Borg, Hill
INT: Dinning, McKenzie, Hodges, Daniell, Z. Santillo, Hem, Ok, O’Loughlin
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Norwood v North Round 15 Empty Re: Norwood v North Round 15

Post by UncleHuey on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:12 pm

Norwood by a bit here. Cannot see North doubling their premiership points at the Parade
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:59 am

Norwood v North Round 15 Rd_15_13
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannyredleg on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:58 am

No idea why they suddenly switched on but very happy with that performance against the Roosters.

Still its Glenelg then daylight but then again that was Norwood's position last year so anything can happen.

Go Legs!
Mannyredleg
Mannyredleg

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:41 pm

Manny
A few weeks ago WWT played very well and annihilated Norwood at Norwood Oval
I offered an explanation that a reason for Norwoods form , was that they had up to half a team unavailable or injured
I listed up to 9 players who were not playing

The difference now, is that Norwood have almost a complete squad to pick from , and coincidentally they have trounced South and North with a Fuller list

The BIggest reason is that Matthew Panos is available
Much is rightly said about how good Mitchell Grigg is , but I consider Matthew Panos as almost or as good as Mitchell Grigg for the Norwood team

Go Legs !
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannyredleg on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:03 pm

Fair points Scrappy and I would throw Baldy in there as well as he played a ripper game on Sunday.
Lets see how we go against the Blues Sunday week. That will be a good indication of where we are at
Mannyredleg
Mannyredleg

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:25 pm

Scrappy wrote:Manny
A few weeks ago WWT played very well and annihilated Norwood at Norwood Oval
I offered an explanation that a reason for Norwoods form , was that they had up to half a team unavailable or injured
I listed up to 9 players who were not playing

The difference now, is that Norwood have almost a complete squad to pick from , and coincidentally they have trounced South and North with a Fuller list

The BIggest reason is that Matthew Panos is available
Much is rightly said about how good Mitchell Grigg is , but I consider Matthew Panos as almost or as good as Mitchell Grigg for the Norwood team

Go Legs !

At the time Norwood were missing Panos, Nunn and Abbott - 3 of their prime 4 midfielders. I'm not sure many clubs would cover that without some heartache. In Norwood's case due to a lack of key forward targets, they need goals from their mids resting or pushing up forward so it was a bit of a double whammy.

I don't think it makes enough difference for them to become legitimate flag contenders, but they shouldn't be getting trounced with that midfield group intact (well, all bar Abbott anyway).
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum