Post by southern bulldog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:14 pm

Sad to see Roy Laird finsh at seasons end

Roy goes with a fantastic record that most coaches would love
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

end of an era Empty Re: end of an era

Post by UncleHuey on Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Time for a change at Centrals. Laird has been a fantastic coach for a long time and his record puts up with the best ever to coach in the SANFL.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:12 am

So after guiding the Dogs through such a successful and lengthy period of cementing the club's legacy in the sanfl, who or what type of coach should they target?

Sometimes after such a long time, the on-field change can result in off-field change too (Just ask the Blues!). Whether anything of that sort is needed at Elizabeth I will leave to others to comment.

However, it is vlear that a new coach will not be taking over a the better part of a premiership team. I would think only a couple are left from that era. So is a major re-build necessary or just a few tweaks?

Back in the 80s it was very hard for the Blues to escape the Oatey legacy in just about everything that occurred in the club.

I am not quite sure how to put this without sounding like preaching. But would a complete change of coaching landscape at all levels, game style, training structures etc. help move the club past Roy's tenure into a new era.

You almost don't get coaches lasting this long anymore, so there is probably no given template for this change.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Its going to be interesting to see which way we go. Someone from outside the club maybe the way to go, however there is a thought that ex players coaching elsewhere maybe what we need.There is no doubt we need players and a more attacking game plan.Whatever decision the club makes we need to support the new coach for hopefully a return to being successful
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum