Post by bayman on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Can South get that elusive flag ?
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: South Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 am

If North can go bottom to top as West virtually did 3 years ago, then it shows anything is possible.

But South's crystal ball almost destines them to be side that never gets close enough to win one. Something always shoots a promising season in the foot.

I don't know, but starting at the top, how do South people rate the new coach 1 season under his belt?
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: South Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:44 pm

Certainly I've rated Jarrods first season as a league coach very highly. At the beginning of the year I never entertained the idea that we would make the finals after losing so many players in the off season.Jarrod however put his faith in the young talent that the club is now beginning to produce, players such as Krueger, Fitt, Scuzt,and Coleman were thrown in at the deep end and all in my opinion did exceptionally well.
However our meek performance in the Elimination final' where we succumbed to Norths bullying and scrapping was a very disappointing end to the year. Whether or not the youngsters were overawed by it all or whether our senior players failed to fly the flag, or maybe both? it was bloody disappointing.Particularly after defeating Sturt, Norwood, The Eagles and North(twice) during the minor round. Some of our selections for that elim final were a little questionable as well.....but I guess hindsight is always 20/20.
2019, will bring a new set of challenges as well.. I'm told we will be losing 4 players to the afl- with Krueger gone to Geelong already, the others are Sampson, Sparrow and I'm told there is quite a bit of interest in Joe Haines as well. There will be a couple of retirements and a couple of departures as well, so it will be clear to any of the clubs juniors that there will be of positions up for grabs.
The club hopefully will join the majority of other sanfl clubs on the full salary cap after the sanfl imposed handicap of 50k, if this occurs we will be in the market for 3-4 pretty handy players. We will need someone to replace Krueger- a goal kicking forward; imo we need a a couple of big bodied mids who take no crap and perhaps a tall defender.
us died in the wool, rusted on Southies will be there again next year...another year and another year of optimism...after all 55 years is a long time...but recent years have seen us around the mark, and hopefully 2019 will be the year!
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum