Now it's died down

Post new topic   

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:01 am

Ok now everything has died down .
The SANFL and AFL GF are done and dusted .

What exactly is the compensation the Eagles are being given
By the SANFL.
Or is it due to North winning the flag going to die .
I swear the SANFL said on 7 News they will compensate the Eagles .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by kingrooster on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:51 am

It’s quite ironic that the title of this thread is “Now it’s died down” but all you want to do is stir it up again.
avatar
kingrooster

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 116
Teams : North Adelaide
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 am

kingrooster wrote:It’s quite ironic that the title of this thread is “Now it’s died down” but all you want to do is stir it up again.

No I've moved on just asking the question what is the compensation . That the sanfl said will be given to the Eagles on channel 7 news.

Believe me I let all the North fans go on and on and on and on laughing at the 19 th man

All I'm asking is what is the compensation
If that offends North fans I'm sorry but the SANFL put it on channel 7 news

North won the flag enjoy it
North in 2019 start two games behind every team
Eagles need to rebuild for 2019 so why can't a fan ask
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by Feathers on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:09 pm

Why would the SANFL give compensation, they don't believe they have done anything wrong, they keep saying the stuff up had nothing to do with them, although they organise the interchange.
avatar
Feathers

Join date : 2016-03-09
Posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by bayman on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:41 pm

From an Outsider looking at an Eagles point of view, what can be the compensation for missing the grand final? I can’t see there being any compensation that would compare to having the chance of winning the premiership
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7217
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Feathers wrote:Why would the SANFL give compensation, they don't believe they have done anything wrong, they keep saying the stuff up had nothing to do with them, although they organise the interchange.

They announced on channel 7 news when they said North were free to play in the GF
They mentioned the $10'000 fine and the four points North lose next year .
After which the sanfl stated they will compensate the Eagles
If they are not going to compensate why go on the media and say they will ?
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:49 pm

bayman wrote:From an Outsider looking at an Eagles point of view, what can be the compensation for missing the grand final? I can’t see there being any compensation that would compare to having the chance of winning the premiership

No offence Bayman I'll repeat what I wrote .
The SANFL were on channel 7 news announced three things .
1 North in GF
2 North fined $10'000 and lose four points 2019
3 Eagles will be compensated

My point what is the compensation and when will we hear ?
And if no compensation why go on TV and say there will be
Compensation .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by bayman on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:59 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:From an Outsider looking at an Eagles point of view, what can be the compensation for missing the grand final? I can’t see there being any compensation that would compare to having the chance of winning the premiership

No offence Bayman I'll repeat what I wrote .
The SANFL were on channel 7 news announced three things .
1 North in GF
2 North fined $10'000 and lose four points 2019
3 Eagles will be compensated

My point what is the compensation and when will we hear ?
And if no compensation why go on TV and say there will be
Compensation .

You are missing my point, if the sanfl give the Eagles let’s say $40,000.00 is that comparable to missing the grand final? If it is & they are happy to take it then fair enough but to me it’s like paying someone to shut up & go away, plus I’ll add that the sanfl is made up of 8 clubs which I believe are the sanfl, so effectively every club would be paying the price, it could also open up a hornets nest of skulduggery, not likely too but it could
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7217
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:02 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:From an Outsider looking at an Eagles point of view, what can be the compensation for missing the grand final? I can’t see there being any compensation that would compare to having the chance of winning the premiership

No offence Bayman I'll repeat what I wrote .
The SANFL were on channel 7 news announced three things .
1 North in GF
2 North fined $10'000 and lose four points 2019
3 Eagles will be compensated

My point what is the compensation and when will we hear ?
And if no compensation why go on TV and say there will be

Compensation .



You are missing my point, if the sanfl give the Eagles let’s say $40,000.00 is that comparable to missing the grand final? If it is & they are happy to take it then fair enough but to me it’s like paying someone to shut up & go away, plus I’ll add that the sanfl is made up of 8 clubs which I believe are the sanfl, so effectively every club would be paying the price, it could also open up a hornets nest of skulduggery, not likely too but it could
Goof points
My point then why say publicly you are compensating the Eagles
That's the sanfl not you bayman
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by kingrooster on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:38 pm

You will find that the SANFL didn’t say they would compensate the Eagles. The Eagles are seeking compensation. Two totally different situations.
avatar
kingrooster

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 116
Teams : North Adelaide
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:43 pm

kingrooster wrote:You will find that the SANFL didn’t say they would compensate the Eagles. The Eagles are seeking compensation. Two totally different situations.

Well I guess we will hear at some stage swear I heard the sanfl spokesman say it on the news when they allowed North to play the GF and get a low fine and lose two games in 2019.
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by bayman on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:16 pm

mickyj wrote:
kingrooster wrote:You will find that the SANFL didn’t say they would compensate the Eagles. The Eagles are seeking compensation. Two totally different situations.

Well I guess we will hear at some stage swear I heard the sanfl spokesman say it on the news when they allowed North to play the GF and get a low fine and lose two games in 2019.

The 2 games (4 points) is/will be appealed....I can’t see how a team (not a player) can be penalised for something & pay the penalty in a different season

As for the “low fine” comment that is your opinion only, some will say low, some would say it’s about right & others would say it’s too high...I can’t see how any fine would appease & on that who gets the fine ?

avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7217
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:26 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:
kingrooster wrote:You will find that the SANFL didn’t say they would compensate the Eagles. The Eagles are seeking compensation. Two totally different situations.

Well I guess we will hear at some stage swear I heard the sanfl spokesman say it on the news when they allowed North to play the GF and get a low fine and lose two games in 2019.

The 2 games (4 points) is/will be appealed....I can’t see how a team (not a player) can be penalised for something & pay the penalty in a different season

As for the “low fine” comment that is your opinion only, some will say low, some would say it’s about right & others would say it’s too high...I can’t see how any fine would appease & on that who gets the fine ?


Let's all be honest the SANFL took the road of the team who could pull in the biggest crowd was going to the GF.
My understanding the judges decision was final no appealing ( that was said on 7 News)it which includes losing 4 points and two games .
Fine honestly it was low
I don't drink booze but really how many minutes did it take North to make that fine up selling booze after they won the flag .

Honestly my post it's not a dig at North I reckon at least when they face the Eagles a lot will be yelled at the players .
SANFL took the easy road simple .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by Lee on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:37 pm

There have been many instances of penalties applying in a different season to the offence.

Salary cap penalties are a case in point.
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7029
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Ok I also asked on a Facebook page . Allegedly the Eagles are seeking $150'000 to $200'000 compensation or will take the SANFL to court.
Whether that is correct I have no idea
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by bayman on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Ffs, the QC stated with how the laws are written this is what was available to him, are you smart enough to outwit a QC ?

Obviously with one of his other comments he would have played a midweek match & have it sorted out on the field, whether that was the full match or the last quarter I’m not sure what he meant....if the sanfl was totally against the Eagles because of the crowd as you have stated then it would have been dealt with immediately & not gone through the long process it did

Scrappy & I were talking to a retired sanfl umpire last night & I asked him the question about the reserve umpire being asked about too many players, he said the reserve umpire can blow his whistle, stop play & have a count taken, we’ve heard one side say those on the bench were notified including the reserve umpire & he did nothing (which I find hard to fathom or believe)...the bottom line which has been missed by a majority of people is, this extra player was on the ground for over 3 minutes & it wouldn’t take the runner anywhere near that time to run out & tell the captain to call for a count, had this happened then the Eagles may have won the premiership last week, that’s all the runner had to do & didn’t
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7217
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:55 pm

bayman wrote:Ffs, the QC stated with how the laws are written this is what was available to him, are you smart enough to outwit a QC ?

Obviously with one of his other comments he would have played a midweek match & have it sorted out on the field, whether that was the full match or the last quarter I’m not sure what he meant....if the sanfl was totally against the Eagles because of the crowd as you have stated then it would have been dealt with immediately & not gone through the long process it did

Scrappy & I were talking to a retired sanfl umpire last night & I asked him the question about the reserve umpire being asked about too many players, he said the reserve umpire can blow his whistle, stop play & have a count taken, we’ve heard one side say those on the bench were notified including the reserve umpire & he did nothing (which I find hard to fathom or believe)...the bottom line which has been missed by a majority of people is, this extra player was on the ground for over 3 minutes & it wouldn’t take the runner anywhere near that time to run out & tell the captain to call for a count, had this happened then the Eagles may have won the premiership last week, that’s all the runner had to do & didn’t

Me Smart no I'm just writing what I saw on channel 7 and the last Post what I was told on a sanfl Facebook page .
I'm being honest truthful and I ain't lying
Basically it matters little what bayman scrappy and mickyj say or write it's all down to what the sanfl says .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:59 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:Ffs, the QC stated with how the laws are written this is what was available to him, are you smart enough to outwit a QC ?

Obviously with one of his other comments he would have played a midweek match & have it sorted out on the field, whether that was the full match or the last quarter I’m not sure what he meant....if the sanfl was totally against the Eagles because of the crowd as you have stated then it would have been dealt with immediately & not gone through the long process it did

Scrappy & I were talking to a retired sanfl umpire last night & I asked him the question about the reserve umpire being asked about too many players, he said the reserve umpire can blow his whistle, stop play & have a count taken, we’ve heard one side say those on the bench were notified including the reserve umpire & he did nothing (which I find hard to fathom or believe)...the bottom line which has been missed by a majority of people is, this extra player was on the ground for over 3 minutes & it wouldn’t take the runner anywhere near that time to run out & tell the captain to call for a count, had this happened then the Eagles may have won the premiership last week, that’s all the runner had to do & didn’t

Me Smart no I'm just writing what I saw on channel 7 and the last Post what I was told on a sanfl Facebook page .
I'm being honest truthful and I ain't lying
Basically it matters little what bayman scrappy and mickyj say or write it's all down to what the sanfl says .

Or what the sanfl doesn't say
Or what the North Adelaide CEO tweeted out about the entire situation.
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:05 pm

Tram boy wrote:What did he tweet ?
Its over with . North have received their penalty . You have only posted hypotheticals nd nothing factual from how I read it.
The bigger issue should be how do you lose after being 8 goals up and then get to 22 points down.  3 mins of football didn't cause that .

Join Twitter you may see it .
I only asked what the compensation is .
You want to ask that question make your own topic .

I honestly only asked a question to get an answer .
You and others can say or think whatever .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by rocket_rooster on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:02 pm

If Eagles get compensation can North get compensation for 2012 when North finished third and both the top two teams, Norwood and West were fined for breaches of the salary cap.
Furthermore does North get compensation for 2013 when it finished second and top team Norwood was fined and had recruiting restrictions placed upon it.
avatar
rocket_rooster

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by mickyj on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:27 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:If Eagles get compensation can North get compensation for 2012 when North finished third and both the top two teams, Norwood and West were fined for breaches of the salary cap.
Furthermore does North get compensation for 2013 when it finished second and top team Norwood was fined and had recruiting restrictions placed upon it.

Beats me did they have 19 men on the field as well
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2017
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Now it's died down

Post by bayman on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:40 pm

Interesting thread title given including this one there has been 21 posts today, it probably was dying off but this thread gave life to it again

Bottom line NO “compensation” can compensate with what happened, really there is no point to keep on whinging & asking what the compensation is because you’ll get nowhere as it’s been settled....when driving you check the rear vision mirrors occasionally but you look ahead of you to go forward, this is what you (Eagles) should do & perhaps use it as a motivational force for next season
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7217
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


Post new topic   
 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum