Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post new topic   

Go down

Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by Brucetiki on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:08 pm

North v Eagles
Saturday 14 July
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Two top three teams face off at Prospect. Who will win this one?

_________________
Only a Cornes could get outraged over that
avatar
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2846
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by scott on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Another cracker. First v third. Life FM radio coverage so it'll be a treat for anyone who wants to listen live at the game or in their car or garden.

A shame that so many good games are on Saturday and that at least one or two aren't padded out to Sunday.
avatar
scott

Join date : 2012-07-15
Posts : 264
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by mickyj on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:24 am

This is a top game
If the Eagles can over come North it could be a big bonus . Very hard team for the Eagles to play .
Seeing Seb was injured before the Port game and on crutches . For me this must mean Borholm comes back in after his 8 goal haul in the seconds against Port .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2019
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by mickyj on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:22 pm

EAGLES

League

The Eagles have included two in-form goal kickers for their contest against North on Saturday.

Ruckman Marc Borholm booted eight goals in the Eagles’ massive win against the Magpies’ Reserves last round while Jack Lukosius is coming off an All-Australian performance with the McDonald’s SA U18 team at the AFL National Championships.

Both players have been named on a five-man extended interchange bench, leaving coach Michael Godden with some difficult decisions to make.



F: Gray, N. Hayes, Boyd

HF: Sharrad, J. Hayes, Johansen

C: Comitogianni, Lewis, Haylock

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Hall

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Heinjus



R: Redden, Rowland, Poole

INT: Westbrook, Borholm, Stewart, Firns, Lukosius

IN: Lukosius, Borholm



Reserves
Cook, Hawkins, Sibley, Minney, Weidemann, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C.Gaffney, E.Miller, Wehr, Rowe, Wood, J.Gaffney, W.McPherson, Sinor, Petrenko, West, Walker, McKay.

Under-18
F: Schoenberg, Francis, Miller
HF: Pratico, Armfield, McLeod
C: Smith, McNeil, Martin Frederick
HB: McNeilly, R. Bruce, Hawkins
B: Bailey, Carter, Brill

R: Michael, Pudney, Mead
INT: Arriola, Beecken, J. Bruce, Burgoyne, Michael Frederick, McCauley, Pickett
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2019
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by UncleHuey on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Eagles look strong, they always do, but North have surprised this year, mainly with their run and carry. I reckon their pace at home might cause an upset and result in a Roosters win by 12 points
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1191
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by Super Gonz on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Good to see young Luko back from the State U-18 side. Great kid who is taking everything in his stride.
avatar
Super Gonz

Join date : 2018-03-26
Posts : 17
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by mickyj on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:36 pm

I'm not sure what happened to the north that beat the Eagles at Woodville .
Eagles great game .
Fumbles hurt SANFL league teams north were hurt by a lot of fumbles . And bouncing the ball and running was the biggest hurt to north , if you weren't there a classic stuff up by a north player .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2019
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by Feathers on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:45 pm

North's outlandish and arrogant celebrations after their win against the Eagles at Woodville Oval was well remembered by the Eagles.
"he who laughs last, laughs LOUDEST".
avatar
Feathers

Join date : 2016-03-09
Posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by mickyj on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:04 pm

SANFL Match review

Woodville-West Torrens enhanced its premiership credentials with a statement-making 63-point win against North Adelaide at Prospect Oval.

Maintaining their place at the top of the Macca’s League ladder, the Eagles put the fellow top-three contender on the back foot with a sensational seven-goal first term.

Restricting the Roosters to just one major in the opening quarter – kicked by skipper Max Thring in 23rd minute – the visitors were supreme in earning a 40-point break at the first change.

And by the time last week’s final term hero Jake Comitogianni kicked truly in the 13th minute of the second stanza, the Eagles had already opened up a commanding 10-goal lead.

North closed to within 47 points on the back of a goal to former Eagle Matt McDonough 11 minutes into the third term.

But when West End State forward Jack Hayes kicked his third midway through the fourth, Michael Godden’s men had well and truly killed off the contest to the tune of 78 points.

Such is the trademark of the Eagles, who don’t boast any superstars in their line-up, the goals were shared around as 11 players registered their name on the goal scorers list.

Veterans James Boyd (37 disposals) and Scott Lewis (36 disposals) continue to wind back the clock with their recent form while the ever-reliable Chris Hall and Matt Goldsworthy also made strong contributions while combining for 60 touches.

The loss was another body-blow for the Roosters, who for the second week in succession, lost to a fellow top-three contender on their home deck.

Josh Carr’s charges still sit in third spot on the ladder but now know they have some work to do between now and the major round if they are to overhaul the competition’s pacesetters.

Former Eagle Jarred Allmond collected a team-high 27 touches against his old team-mates while captain Thring had 25 as his side suffered from a lack of meaningful contributions.

EAGLES 7.4 11.8 14.12 18.13 (121)

NORTH 1.0 3.2 5.5 8.10 (58)

LEADING DISPOSALS – Eagles: Boyd 37, Lewis 36, Hall 32, Goldsworthy 28, Stewart 24, Johansen 22, Haylock 20, Gray, Rowland 18.

North: Allmond 27, Thring 25, Wilkie 22, Tropiano 21, Clisby 20, Appleton 19, Spina, C. Craig 18.

GOALS – Eagles: J. Hayes, Haylock 3, Sharrad, Lukosius, Von Bertouch 2, Goldsworthy, Gray, Comitogianni, N. Hayes, Boyd, Stewart.

North: Hender, Harvey 2, McDonough, Ryswyk, A. Barns, Thring.
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2019
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by mickyj on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Feathers wrote:North's outlandish and arrogant celebrations after their win against the Eagles at Woodville Oval was well remembered by the Eagles.
"he who laughs last, laughs LOUDEST".

Feathers I must've missed that . What exactly did North do ? I left quickly after that game ended .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2019
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by spell_check on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Feathers wrote:North's outlandish and arrogant celebrations after their win against the Eagles at Woodville Oval was well remembered by the Eagles.
"he who laughs last, laughs LOUDEST".

We may end up playing them in the finals given Sturt's shaky form, and South have fallen in a hole, so there's no last laugh just yet
avatar
spell_check

Join date : 2012-02-17
Posts : 651

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by mickyj on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:02 am

spell_check wrote:
Feathers wrote:North's outlandish and arrogant celebrations after their win against the Eagles at Woodville Oval was well remembered by the Eagles.
"he who laughs last, laughs LOUDEST".

We may end up playing them in the finals given Sturt's shaky form, and South have fallen in a hole,  so there's no last laugh just yet

I think your right Spelly
I've calmed down after yesterday's win
Online I read all week North are the faster team
They may well be but didn't help North yesterday .
Three ex Eagles players in Norths line up not sure if they all played
But hearing the crowd Allmond was getting payback stats wise he got a lot of touches.
Mind you Boyd and Lewis were far better contributors for the Eagles .
Not sure what we learnt yesterday
Except the Eagles came to play and win yesterday .
And hearing the North players no one was picking up Boyd.
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2019
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by Feathers on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:22 am

I know the Eagle boys were absolutely pissed off with the way the NA players carried on after their win at Woodville. Some of our ex-players, their mothers, wives and girlfriends came up to the club rooms after the match wearing NA gear, swanned around and gloated how much better off they were. I know there is a long way to go but a statement had to be made.
Even our president forgot decorum when no. 11 for NA dropped a mark in front of the grandstand and shouted "best ever $??,000 we ever got from NA.
avatar
Feathers

Join date : 2016-03-09
Posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by mickyj on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:35 am

Feathers wrote:I know the Eagle boys were absolutely pissed off with the way the NA players carried on after their win at Woodville. Some of our ex-players, their mothers, wives and girlfriends came up to the club rooms after the match wearing NA gear, swanned around and gloated how much better off they were. I know there is a long way to go but a statement had to be made.
Even our president forgot decorum when no. 11 for NA dropped a mark in front of the grandstand and shouted "best ever $??,000 we ever got from NA.

Thanks Feather's
I heard talk how pissed number 11 was after getting signed on a 1 year contract and left for North . Allegedly that player was running his former team mates down.
I hadn't heard what you wrote before feathers.
And some Eagles fans yesterday were telling number 11 to join them and count the money .

I personally think the first game the Eagles went out to make number 11 pay for leaving . That was the biggest hurdle the Eagles players made for themselves .
Yesterdays game was all about winning in my opinion
And that game showed up a few of Norths flaws for the other teams that are about to face North .
Speed is a great weapon
Doesn't mean you will always win.
Hearing imaginary footsteps going for marks also shows flaws in North players.
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2019
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by Super Gonz on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:07 pm

mickyj wrote:
Feathers wrote:I know the Eagle boys were absolutely pissed off with the way the NA players carried on after their win at Woodville. Some of our ex-players, their mothers, wives and girlfriends came up to the club rooms after the match wearing NA gear, swanned around and gloated how much better off they were. I know there is a long way to go but a statement had to be made.
Even our president forgot decorum when no. 11 for NA dropped a mark in front of the grandstand and shouted "best ever $??,000 we ever got from NA.

Thanks Feather's
I heard talk how pissed number 11 was after  getting signed on a 1 year contract and left for North . Allegedly that player was running his former team mates down.
I hadn't heard what you wrote before feathers.
And some Eagles fans yesterday were telling number 11 to join them and count the money .

I personally think the first game the Eagles went out to make number 11 pay for leaving . That was the biggest hurdle the Eagles players made for themselves .
Yesterdays game was all about winning in my opinion
And that game showed up a few of Norths flaws for the other teams that are about to face North .
Speed is a great weapon
Doesn't mean you will always win.
Hearing imaginary footsteps going for marks also shows flaws in North players.

Number 11 didn't do himself any favours with his old mates Saturday with a few comments made on the ground. I think he will think twice before venturing upstairs at Oval Ave upon his return. Some boys not real happy with him...
avatar
Super Gonz

Join date : 2018-03-26
Posts : 17
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by mickyj on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 pm

Super Gonz wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Feathers wrote:I know the Eagle boys were absolutely pissed off with the way the NA players carried on after their win at Woodville. Some of our ex-players, their mothers, wives and girlfriends came up to the club rooms after the match wearing NA gear, swanned around and gloated how much better off they were. I know there is a long way to go but a statement had to be made.
Even our president forgot decorum when no. 11 for NA dropped a mark in front of the grandstand and shouted "best ever $??,000 we ever got from NA.

Thanks Feather's
I heard talk how pissed number 11 was after  getting signed on a 1 year contract and left for North . Allegedly that player was running his former team mates down.
I hadn't heard what you wrote before feathers.
And some Eagles fans yesterday were telling number 11 to join them and count the money .

I personally think the first game the Eagles went out to make number 11 pay for leaving . That was the biggest hurdle the Eagles players made for themselves .
Yesterdays game was all about winning in my opinion
And that game showed up a few of Norths flaws for the other teams that are about to face North .
Speed is a great weapon
Doesn't mean you will always win.
Hearing imaginary footsteps going for marks also shows flaws in North players.

Number 11 didn't do himself any favours with his old mates Saturday with a few comments made on the ground. I think he will think twice before venturing upstairs at Oval Ave upon his return. Some boys not real happy with him...

I guess he's burning his bridges
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2019
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: North v Eagles - Saturday 14 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by goddy11 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:39 pm

North Adelaide midfielder Jarred Allmond has been offered a one-match ban with an early guilty plea for striking the Eagles’ Nick Hayes at Prospect Oval on Saturday.
Jarred Allmond (North) – Striking
Conduct: Intentional
Impact: Low
Contact: High
Base Sanction: 2 Matches
Early Plea: 1 Match
Woodville-West Torrens midfielder Angus Poole has been offered a one-match ban with an early guilty plea for striking North Adelaide’s Mackenzie Slee at Prospect Oval on Saturday.
Angus Poole (Eagles) – Striking
Conduct: Careless
Impact: Low
Contact: High
Base Sanction (Bad Record Loading): 2 Matches
Early Plea: 1 Match
Both players have until 10am on Tuesday to decide whether to contest or accept their charge.
avatar
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 218
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Back to top


Post new topic   
 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum