Go down

Round 13: Eagles v Port - Sunday 8 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:30 pm

Eagles v Port
Sunday 8 July
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

The league's two closest rivals face off at Woodville. Who will win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v Port - Sunday 8 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by goddy11 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:10 am

The Eagles need this game just to put up a statement and keep in touch with North. The Eagles have some tough games coming up against top 5 teams and can not afford to drop this. The Magpies seem to play us better at Woodville. There could be a couple of long term injured players coming back through the reserves.
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:32 pm

This will be a hard game hoping the Eagles win.
Chris Hall playing his 150 th game for the Eagles .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:57 pm

I wonder if Lukosius will be allowed to play Sunday. 4 day break.
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:16 pm

goddy11 wrote:I wonder if Lukosius will be allowed to play Sunday. 4 day break.
He seems to be going ok in today's game
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:46 pm

EAGLES

League

The Eagles have added an AFL-experienced veteran to face Port on Sunday.

Utility Paul Stewart has come into the 22-man squad to face his former club after being listed on the four-man extended interchange bench.

Premiership wingman Chris Hall will play his 150th Macca’s League match.

F: Johansen, N. Hayes, Hall

HF: Comitogianni, J. Hayes, Gray

C: Goldsworthy, Lewis, Haylock

HB: Westbrook, Thompson, Rowland

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Heinjus

R: Redden, Sharrad, Boyd

INT: Guilhaus, Poole, Stewart, Firns

IN: Stewart

Reserves
Cook, Hawkins, Sibley, Minney, Weidemann, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C.Gaffney, E.Miller, Moore, Wehr, Rowe, Wood, Borholm, J.Gaffney, W.McPherson, Sinor, Petrenko, West.

Under-18
F: Schoenberg, Francis, Miller
HF: Pratico, Armfield, McLeod
C: Smith, McNeil, Burgoyne
HB: McNeilly, R. Bruce, Hawkins
B: Bailey, Carter, Brill

R: Michael, Pudney, Mead
INT: Arriola, Beecken, J. Bruce, Friend, McCauley, Pickett, Williams
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Eagles should win this one at Pecker Park. Looking strong on paper and should be too good for the Pies by 4 goals.
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:08 am

PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 am

I don't wish to be called a moron again .
I was at the game .
Port had the game in the bag by half time .
Port 7 goals Eagles 2 goals .
Port were in total control . I'm not sure what Godden did at 1/2 time but whatever he said or did worked . Goldsworthy went up forward or followed a port player around that started the turn . And I will call him by the name it's easier to spell or yell out Comma , I'm not sure he's played liked that before . Or basically after 1/2 or 3/4 time the Eagles smalls out played Ports talls and kicked goals .
So after half time Port kicked 2 goals Eagles kicked 10.
I'm happy Eagles win .
If I knew what actually took place I'd be happier lol.
Port 19 AFL listed players didn't work.
Ports academy side should go waste of time
Bornholm should be back next week kicked 8 goals and out rucked the port plsyers.
Seb on crutches didn't play rumours around about his injury .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by scott on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Eagles might have won but still strong concerns that they can't seem to come to the party until they get a bake at half time. Same situation against South a few rounds ago. Escaped with a draw against Port earlier in the year after failing to score a goal in three quarters.

Wouldn't be surprised if they finish top this year again. But if they have one of these slow starts against Norwood, North & Sturt in the finals, no half-time bake will save them then.
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:41 pm

scott wrote:Eagles might have won but still strong concerns that they can't seem to come to the party until they get a bake at half time. Same situation against South a few rounds ago. Escaped with a draw against Port earlier in the year after failing to score a goal in three quarters.

Wouldn't be surprised if they finish top this year again. But if they have one of these slow starts against Norwood, North & Sturt in the finals, no half-time bake will save them then.

Now I'm not backing the Eagles up .
Fact Eagles have issues after a bye . As was shown yesterday again .
The South game was that after a bye I can't recall. I do know two former Eagles players playing for South may have had a point to prove . Of course one broke their collar bones .

Now the Port game at Alberton lets set some facts . Southern end getting as far out as 20 metres affected scoring . And kicking to the northern end if the ball got near the Power club rooms it was always out on the full or last touch rule .I'll edit this there was a 65 km wind blowing across Alberton Oval .

Lets also remember injuries yesterday Eagles won with one regular ruck . Seb was out pregame on crutches.
Injured players coming back through the seconds yesterday Prechentko ( pup) and sinor.
Of course Borholm is coming back kicked 8 goals.

You are correct if the Eagles start slow they are screwed.
We've all seen them go downhill extra fast whatever reason on GF days .

The other thing going against Port Lokans coaching record the Alberton game kick two goals then go defensive . That hurt Port more .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Zac Milbanks report

Woodville-West Torrens gave its fans something to celebrate with a fighting 17-point win against Port Adelaide at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval.

Trailing the Magpies at every change and by as much as 28 points early in the third quarter, the Eagles produced a stunning comeback to jump to the top of the Macca’s League ladder.

The belief shown by Michael Godden’s charges must be incredibly strong given they didn’t regain the lead until nippy ball magnet Jake Comitogianni kicked the first of his two final term majors in the 19th minute.

Making the most of the Magpies only having 19 fit players in the final term due to injuries suffered by Matthew Broadbent (ankle) and Jake Neade (knee), the hosts booted the last three goals of the match to stretch the margin out by the final siren.

Eager to acknowledge the 150th Macca’s League match of consistent midfielder Chris Hall, the Eagles had 14 fewer disposals, 10 less marks and tackles yet won the inside 50 count by seven entries.

And it was this sort of efficiency which helped bank the vital premiership points and push the Magpies further from those inside the top five.

Hall finished with 23 disposals and a goal in his milestone match while James Boyd continued his ball-winning form to find 31 touches to shade Jake Johansen with 26 against one of his former clubs.

Port captain Steven Summerton and Karl Amon (27 disposals each) were again strong contributors for the Magpies, who now reside in eighth place with a 4-7-1 win-loss-draw record.

First-year draftee Kane Farrell is continuing to show promise around the goals, kicking another three against the Eagles while demoted Power forward Todd Marshall was unable to hit the scoreboard despite collecting 20 possessions.

EAGLES 2.2 3.3 7.8 11.10 (76)

PORT 5.0 7.3 9.4 9.5 (59)

LEADING DISPOSALS – Eagles: Boyd 31, Johansen 26, Lewis 25, Hall 23, Poole 22, Sharrad 20, Haylock 18.

Port: Summerton, Amon 27, Toumpas 26, Lienert 23, Hewett, Snelling 22, Marshall 20.

GOALS – Eagles: J. Hayes, Comitogianni, Haylock 2, Hall, Lewis, Von Bertouch, Sharrad, Johansen.

Port: Farrell, Patmore 3, Ladhams, Hewett, Kluske.
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:50 pm

One thing we found funny at this game . Port fans ( more than 20) complaining about the Eagles player number 55 . My son politely told the Power clad faithful you delisted him a few years ago they were leafing through their budgets....They had no idea... Then the power clad faithful near me were complaining about Sharrad when I cheered Grey on they were leafing through their budgets ....yes indeed they used to play for you ..... Oh the faithful have no clue who plays and stopped playing for them
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum