This site

Post new topic   

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: This site

Post by Flag No.10 on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:27 am

"The site needs a bit more allowing some banter and not so much sensitivity ."

There's 3 pages of 'banter' between bayman and mickyj and no signs of any bans there.

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 2055
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: This site

Post by Scrunch on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Sites also need participants that play by site rules, not their own
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by oldfella on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:41 am

SS1, not quite right when you suggest that this site was set up for competition with SA Footy.

My recolection is that it was set up as an alternative to discuss football because at that time the other excelent site had more than one posters that were rather aggressive and abusive and would attack anything anyone posted with little moderation. This lead to many posters not feeling comfortable in posting on that site

This is the reason for fair but firm action by moderators on this site which is totaly consistent with the origions of the site.
avatar
oldfella

Join date : 2011-12-13
Posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by goddy11 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:11 pm

oldfella wrote:SS1, not quite right when you suggest that this site was set up for competition with SA Footy.

My recolection is that it was set up as an alternative to discuss football because at that time the other excelent site had more than one posters that were rather aggressive and abusive and would attack anything anyone posted with little moderation. This lead to many posters not feeling comfortable in posting on that site

This is the reason for fair but firm action by moderators on this site which is totaly consistent with the origions of the site.

Not sure of the origins of the site but it does get some good responses. I actually think seaside1 has come in a few times trying to get a response which he has. Seaside1has been a contributor for just over a month and already setting an agenda for the site. I think he has targeted Mickyj often even though Mickyj probably needs to proof read his post to a lot more thoroughly to make sure they make sense.
The simple answer to anyone not agreeing to a comment is correct the comment or just ignore.

I actually enjoy reading other members views on how their clubs are going.
avatar
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 187
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by Flag No.10 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:37 pm

Exactly right oldfella.

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 2055
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by mickyj on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:35 pm

goddy11 wrote:
oldfella wrote:SS1, not quite right when you suggest that this site was set up for competition with SA Footy.

My recolection is that it was set up as an alternative to discuss football because at that time the other excelent site had more than one posters that were rather aggressive and abusive and would attack anything anyone posted with little moderation. This lead to many posters not feeling comfortable in posting on that site

This is the reason for fair but firm action by moderators on this site which is totaly consistent with the origions of the site.

Not sure of the origins of the site but it does get some good responses. I actually think seaside1 has come in a few times trying to get a response which he has. Seaside1has been a contributor for just over a month and already setting an agenda for the site.   I think he has targeted Mickyj often even though Mickyj probably needs to proof read his post to a lot more thoroughly to make sure they make sense.  
The simple answer to anyone not agreeing to a comment is correct the comment or just ignore.

I actually enjoy reading other members views on how their clubs are going.

Yes I do and my iPhone spell checker seems to have a mind of its own.
Hopefully what I wrote just made sense .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1807
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by mickyj on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:37 pm

oldfella wrote:SS1, not quite right when you suggest that this site was set up for competition with SA Footy.

My recolection is that it was set up as an alternative to discuss football because at that time the other excelent site had more than one posters that were rather aggressive and abusive and would attack anything anyone posted with little moderation. This lead to many posters not feeling comfortable in posting on that site

This is the reason for fair but firm action by moderators on this site which is totaly consistent with the origions of the site.

Sounds correct to me . Or should I say what you've written in this post seems correct .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1807
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by Scrunch on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:53 pm

goddy11 wrote: Seaside1has been a contributor for just over a month and already setting an agenda for the site.   I think he has targeted Mickyj

Multiple agendas for such a new user, whaddayamean? It's a tiresome routine
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by Lee on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Seaside, this is the 4th or 5th alias you've had. We've been more than patient with you.

Rather than criticise this site, you might consider getting help for your attitude towards others.

And don't ask me 'waddayamean'.

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6970
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by blacky on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Footysa troll
avatar
blacky

Join date : 2011-12-23
Posts : 309
Location : Where there is a good beer
My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: This site

Post by Lee on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Why do we think you're Waddayamean?

Perhaps it's because you and your aliases all post from the same IP address.

Given that, and your need to carry on like a pork chop, you can have another long holiday.

Bye.

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6970
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by oldfella on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:34 am

Good response
avatar
oldfella

Join date : 2011-12-13
Posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by mickyj on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:36 pm

I know I'm no angel and have issues stopping myself replying when people go after me .
But what's this guys point ?
Complaining about West fans running this page .
Ok I'll stop
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1807
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by UncleHuey on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Lee wrote:Why do we think you're Waddayamean?

Perhaps it's because you and your aliases all post from the same IP address.

Given that, and your need to carry on like a pork chop, you can have another long holiday.

Bye.

Persistent little bugger isn't he!
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1117
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by oldfella on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:18 pm

mickyj wrote:I know I'm no angel and have issues stopping myself replying when people go after me .
But what's this guys point ?
Complaining about West fans running this page .
Ok I'll stop

Thats it mickyj ---- your banned for 5 minutes
avatar
oldfella

Join date : 2011-12-13
Posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by mickyj on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:44 pm

oldfella wrote:
mickyj wrote:I know I'm no angel and have issues stopping myself replying when people go after me .
But what's this guys point ?
Complaining about West fans running this page .
Ok I'll stop

Thats it mickyj ---- your banned for 5 minutes
Lol bugger I'm.banned
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1807
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: This site

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:54 pm

To put things in perspective, this site has been going for six and a half years and despite some early problems from trolls who wandered across into our domain from elsewhere, it has largely fulfilled its goal to foster reasonable debate on a range of sporting and other topics..

To my knowledge in the last 3 years there has only been 1 member banned (under various guises) and although members occasionally get hot under the collar about something, I don't think there has been anyone else close to being banned.

Occasionally posts get moderated (mainly so the site doesn't get sued) and very occasionally someone might have a gentle fireside chat with admin.

Given that we are a small (essentially SA) footy loving fraternity, I am sure we grow accustomed to each other and the type of things we have to say.

It is frustrating that one individual seems think that provoking other posters in a rolling feast of whomever will bite, feels the need to derail the discussion.

But in my opinion, we all play reasonably nicely in the TFSA sand pit and it is very rare that someone has their firetruck thrown away.

So SS1 please take your firetruck somewhere else, it is getting tiresome constantly trying to keep the peace with you.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2851
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Back to top


Post new topic   
 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum