Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post new topic   

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:22 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:and this is what you posted so why are you going on & on & on when you CLEARLY stated the below quote ?



mickyj wrote:Was a nothing game really
Yep cant deny it
And I posted that and a bit more on the Eagles nest

Your point please ?
I'll repeat for the Eagles it was a nothing game .
Win is a win keeps the Eagles in a race for the finals
I'll repeat your point please ?
Perhaps you could tell us why glenelgs seconds are a far better team than glenelgs league team ? A few very good players in that seconds side would of being playing league at other clubs .



if it was a ''nothing game'' (your words not mine) i believe every league game has importance, if it was a ''nothing game'' why are you so defensive about everything & why wont you answer my other post ? i'll repeat look at the first sentence in my first post on this thread


It my opinion it was a nothing game
Which of your posts bayman you've posted so many ?
Can't see i am defensive but you seem to be fixated that I am . Guess it keeps you happy.
But I'll repeat it was a nothing game Eagles stay top 5 and Glenelg stay bottom 2.
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Scrappy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:24 pm

I will assume a lot of Norwood , Sturt. North , South supporters and players and admins would have hoped that GL beat EG in this match

Points SANFL ladder
NA 18
EG 17
SA 14
NW 14
ST 12

NW/ST have played 1 less game than NA/SA/EG

avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3534

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:29 pm

''A nothing game'' the Eagles are playing for a top 3 spot & a loss in a ''NOTHING GAME'' would possibly have curtailed that to some degree, they are also playing for top spot & it would have derailed that somewhat too, so hypothetically had they lost it could have caused damage in the bigger picture of the season, remember Norwood have a game in hand on them too

obviously your not worried whether your team finishes top 3 or top 5 & that's fair enough but if it was me i'd want a top 3 finish
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7093
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:00 pm

Scrappy wrote:I will assume a lot of Norwood , Sturt. North , South supporters and players and admins  would have hoped that GL beat EG in this match

Points SANFL ladder
NA 18
EG 17
SA 14
NW 14
ST 12

NW/ST have played 1 less game than NA/SA/EG

Hypothetical question Scrappy if the Eagles lost and the other teams win would they stay in the top 5.
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:03 pm

bayman wrote:''A nothing game''  the Eagles are playing for a top 3 spot & a loss in a ''NOTHING GAME''  would  possibly have  curtailed that to some degree, they are also playing for  top spot & it would have derailed that somewhat too, so hypothetically had they lost it could have caused damage in the bigger picture of the season, remember Norwood have a game in hand on them too

obviously your not worried whether your team finishes top 3 or top 5 & that's fair enough but if it was me i'd want a top 3 finish

Bayman you seem totally upset I'm out at present going to the movies if I don't reply.
History has shown Eagles win the minor premiership lose the GF.
Id prefer the Eagles to finish second or third then go on and win the flag
For some reason this topic has really got you upset.
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:11 pm

I GIVE UP, EITHER I CAN NOT PUT DOWN MY POSTS IN CORRECT ENGLISH & ARE THEREFORE STUPID OR YOU CAN NOT COMPREHEND WHAT I'VE POSTED, OUT OF RESPECT TO YOU IN FUTURE I WILL TOTALLY IGNORE YOUR POSTS & ANSWER/MAKE MY OBSERVATIONS ETC ON OTHERS, whoops, sorry this wasn't supposed to be in capitals
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7093
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Scrappy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:18 pm

mickyj wrote:
Scrappy wrote:I will assume a lot of Norwood , Sturt. North , South supporters and players and admins  would have hoped that GL beat EG in this match

Points SANFL ladder
NA 18
EG 17
SA 14
NW 14
ST 12

NW/ST have played 1 less game than NA/SA/EG

Hypothetical question Scrappy if the Eagles lost and the other teams win would they stay in the top 5.

If Eagles lost to GL  yesterday the ladder would be
NA 18
EG 15
SA 14
NW 14
ST 12

If NW and ST win their extra game in hand it kind of becomes
NA 18
NW 16
EG 15
ST 14
SA 14

The top 5 sides could all still finish in the 1/2/3/4/5 spots

MJ
To answer your question, yes the EG still stay in the top 5 if the scenarios you pointed out panned out
avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3534

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:43 pm

Scrappy wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Scrappy wrote:I will assume a lot of Norwood , Sturt. North , South supporters and players and admins  would have hoped that GL beat EG in this match

Points SANFL ladder
NA 18
EG 17
SA 14
NW 14
ST 12

NW/ST have played 1 less game than NA/SA/EG

Hypothetical question Scrappy if the Eagles lost and the other teams win would they stay in the top 5.

If Eagles lost to GL  yesterday the ladder would be
NA 18
EG 15
SA 14
NW 14
ST 12

If NW and ST win their extra game in hand it kind of becomes
NA 18
NW 16
EG 15
ST 14
SA 14

The top 5 sides could all still finish in the 1/2/3/4/5 spots

MJ
To answer your question, yes the EG still stay in the top 5 if the scenarios you pointed out panned out
Thanks Scrappy
See other people can understand my posts
Guess I'm not posting like an 8 yo

Or to simplify me saying things
The SANFL season is like a marathon race not a sprint race.
If that offends or my other posts offend anyone you can get a pill to chill out.
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by goddy11 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:46 pm

bayman wrote:I GIVE UP, EITHER I CAN NOT PUT DOWN MY POSTS IN CORRECT ENGLISH & ARE THEREFORE STUPID OR YOU CAN NOT COMPREHEND WHAT I'VE POSTED, OUT OF RESPECT TO YOU IN FUTURE  I WILL TOTALLY  IGNORE YOUR POSTS & ANSWER/MAKE MY OBSERVATIONS ETC ON OTHERS, whoops, sorry this wasn't supposed to be in capitals

Stop shouting. I am with you though Bayman. No game is a nothing game. If the Bays won, they would be 2 games out of the finals with 7 to go. The Eagles need to win as many as they can to end up top 3. Still have all the other finalists (2 at their ground) + Port to play. Central at their ground will not be an easy one. Not even sure finals is guaranteed considering we fell away at the end of last season.
avatar
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 190
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:02 pm

goddy11 wrote:
bayman wrote:I GIVE UP, EITHER I CAN NOT PUT DOWN MY POSTS IN CORRECT ENGLISH & ARE THEREFORE STUPID OR YOU CAN NOT COMPREHEND WHAT I'VE POSTED, OUT OF RESPECT TO YOU IN FUTURE  I WILL TOTALLY  IGNORE YOUR POSTS & ANSWER/MAKE MY OBSERVATIONS ETC ON OTHERS, whoops, sorry this wasn't supposed to be in capitals

Stop shouting. I am with you though Bayman. No game is a nothing game. If the Bays won, they would be 2 games out of the finals with 7 to go. The Eagles need to win as many as they can to end up top 3. Still have all the other finalists (2 at their ground) + Port to play. Central at their ground will not be an easy one. Not even sure finals is guaranteed considering we fell away at the end of last season.

Toughest game maybe Port
Really Eagles shouldn't have lost yesterday no Stewart was the issue.
What the Eagles are doing isn't the same as the start of the season . I keep bringing Sharrad up if the tv didn't pick it up.
The wing on the side with the large signage . At bounces the Glenelg wingman was alone
Sharrad was standing on the point of the square . And Joseph is caught between sharrad and the CHF/CHB spot ( in the Eagles forward line) this went on before 1/2 time resulted in 3 goals to sharrad .
Worked yesterday
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:40 pm

mickyj wrote:


Think if you were at the game you could answer why Joseph who was not up to taking Sharrad on . But I'll say allegedly kidney punched Johansen over the boundary line .


http://sanfl.com.au/news/2018/06/25/round-12-sanfl-irp/

Glenelg defender Aaron Joseph has been offered a two-match ban with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Eagles utility Ethan Haylock at Gliderol Stadium on Saturday.

Aaron Joseph (Glenelg) – Rough Conduct

Conduct: Intentional

Impact: Medium

Contact: Body

Base Sanction (Bad Record Loading): 3 Matches

Early Plea: 2 Matches

Joseph has until 10am on Tuesday to decide whether to contest or accept the charge.
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7093
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:32 am

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:


Think if you were at the game you could answer why Joseph who was not up to taking Sharrad on . But I'll say allegedly kidney punched Johansen over the boundary line .


http://sanfl.com.au/news/2018/06/25/round-12-sanfl-irp/

Glenelg defender Aaron Joseph has been offered a two-match ban with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Eagles utility Ethan Haylock at Gliderol Stadium on Saturday.

Aaron Joseph (Glenelg) – Rough Conduct

Conduct: Intentional

Impact: Medium

Contact: Body

Base Sanction (Bad Record Loading): 3 Matches

Early Plea: 2 Matches

Joseph has until 10am on Tuesday to decide whether to contest or accept the charge.
So I got the Eagles player wrong but the right Glenelg player
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:28 am

They all do it, no wonder I never saw your discription because that event never happened & how can you get your own players identification clearly wrong when you go every week & it “happened right in front of you”
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7093
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:00 am

bayman wrote:They all do it, no wonder I never saw your discription because that event never happened & how can you get your own players identification clearly wrong when you go every week & it “happened right in front of you”

Right in front of the bench on the other side of the oval
In front of me yes
Where glenelg used to have a stand for whatever reason don't have money or a stand any longer
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:10 am

bayman wrote:They all do it, no wonder I never saw your discription because that event never happened & how can you get your own players identification clearly wrong when you go every week & it “happened right in front of you”

I love the fact you pick up on every little mistake I have made .
Unlike you Bayman I'm human and humans make mistakes little ones like the wrong player named won't start WW3.
So judging by your comments on my mistakes then Josephs monumental stuff up would be really getting under your skin . Fancy doing stupid stuff you get reported at a TV game .
Rather than go for my written mistakes
Go after your league player on two weeks leave .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:04 am

Everyone makes mistakes, you pointed out a Glenelg players mistake so in turn I pointed out yours, I’m fed up with your childish one eyed & have to reply to anything remotely connected to the Eagles, as for the grandstand it got damaged in a storm & being on council land the council decided on what they did & they did it, as for 2 weeks holiday, he’s not the only player to get a holiday over a season, as I said players from every club does it but you are too one eyed to notice
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7093
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:25 am

By the way the last crude king hit I have witnessed ended the career of Brad Symes......I wonder who hit him in that cowardly hit, not a model action that one
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7093
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:57 am

bayman wrote:Everyone makes mistakes, you pointed out a Glenelg players mistake so in turn I pointed out yours, I’m fed up with your childish one eyed & have to reply to anything remotely connected to the Eagles, as for the grandstand it got damaged in a storm & being on council land the council decided on what they did & they did it, as for 2 weeks holiday, he’s not the only player to get a holiday over a season, as I said players from every club does it but you are too one eyed to notice

I think your trying to justify your post
Yes I stuffed up
By the player committed a crime of the game
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Think what you want, your 8 year old opinions are annoying coming from a supposedly mature adult
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7093
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Feathers on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 pm

"Bayman", I agree the Eagles don't seem to kill off teams when they are in a position to do so. Hope that it is down to a slow build up by Godden. In previous years we appeared to have peaked too early and were on the down hill slide during the finals. Our form just before the finals will give a better indication.
avatar
Feathers

Join date : 2016-03-09
Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:57 pm

Feathers wrote:"Bayman", I agree the Eagles don't seem to kill off teams when they are in a position to do so. Hope that it is down to a slow build up by Godden. In previous years we appeared to have peaked too early and were on the down hill slide during the finals. Our form just before the finals will give a better indication.

Feathers I'm not denying the kill off part .
Against South rather than kill off Goddens game plan seemed to be get in front .
Then stop South from scoring that worked .
This game the first three minutes there was a game with purpose . At the 10 minute mark of the first term that was gone Eagles couldn't lose that game . Until the third when Glenelg mounted a come back . Then Boyd and Firns kicked goals.
I agree the killing off is gone
But as Eagles history has shown finish on top injuries kill them off lose GFs.
I don't go out to the huddles was told some strong language was used by the coaching staff at 3/4 time .
End result Eagles win
Percentage means nothing in 2018 due to the draw
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:00 pm

bayman wrote:Think what you want, your 8 year old opinions are annoying coming from a supposedly mature adult

Well your posts show you have some sort of issues with either
8 year old kids . Or your the kind of person who has issues or some sort with disabled Australians . Yes I am disabled the federal government department assesed me .
Either deal with disabled people posting or don't reply
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1874
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Feathers wrote:"Bayman", I agree the Eagles don't seem to kill off teams when they are in a position to do so. Hope that it is down to a slow build up by Godden. In previous years we appeared to have peaked too early and were on the down hill slide during the finals. Our form just before the finals will give a better indication.

Very good point about the peaking, you could be very right, smart if true
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7093
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by goddy11 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Bayman, what are your thought on the way Glenelg are going. You look to have a very talented playing group. They almost and should have beaten a full strength Magpies earlier this year. Is it a player retention issue as your juniors have performed well in recent years. I notice 2 of the Merrett Bros went to Play at Myponga and seem to being going well. Not sure how good they were at the Bay.
avatar
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 190
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:31 pm

I thought they’d be finishing just out of the 5 before the season started given the reputations of a couple of recruits, I thought & still think the second half of the season will be better as the team gels to a new game plan that at times looks good but it’s a work in progress & the coach was only appointed around November, now what I have learnt since, the coach is teaching them one thing at a time rather than push the whole thing at once & confuse them, I’ve heard our coaches talk over the years & I’ve thought yep that’s about right or why is he doing that, in Marks case tactically & how he sees a game unfolding, I can say he is miles ahead of me & any coach we’ve had over the last 20 years or more, Mark Mickan included
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7093
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


Post new topic   
 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum