Round 10: Eagles v Adelaide - Saturday 9 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Round 10: Eagles v Adelaide - Saturday 9 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:29 am

spell_check wrote:bayman, to sum it up with the fewest words possible - indirect football, Adelaide defensive in the 1st half, and the team in front generally wins the most frees
True spot on spelly

Crows free in or just in front of the goal square players were in front paid frees .

I was unaware the U18s were not using the last touch rule .I am now as it wasn't paid at any stage in the trial game before the league match .
Couldn't see Lukco in the state side.
The Weed in our Uner 19 team stood out
Connor Mcleod I noticed him not as much as in the seconds .
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Gonz on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:43 pm

Normal in these sort of games, they bring you down to their level by making it scrappy and hard for clean possessions. We did kick poorly and did not make the most of our chances though. If we did make the most of our opportunities early, I'd expect the scoreline to be different that's for sure.

Lewis was great. Very tough again around the contest......good to see a bit of life left in the old fella still.
Super Gonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Nor mal , scrappy , seems to summize this match

Without seeing the game , surely WWT would take any 54 point win irrespective of who the opposition is
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Scrappy wrote:Nor mal , scrappy , seems to summize this match

Without seeing the game , surely WWT would take any 54 point win irrespective of who the opposition is
YEP

Non Eagles fan or fans were saying a higher winning score
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Disappointing for mine, lacking that killer instinct, not a good sign leading into finals & given the fact that history says they’ve fallen over at the last hurdle in recent years
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:43 pm

bayman wrote:Disappointing for mine, lacking that killer instinct, not a good sign leading into finals & given the fact that history says they’ve fallen over at the last hurdle in recent years

Personally prefer what scrappy wrote
Bayman is high lighting the past .
Eagles fans hope that the coaching staff has taken steps .
This year has shown the Eagles to be a highly defensive unit
But have issues when clubs like Norwood and North attack and attack

Bonus this year
Win over Glenelg scored 120 points
Win over Adelaide scored 114 points
Eagles not full strength most of the year Saturdayday just another win by an undermanned side against Adelaide
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Nothing wrong the Eagles game plan
It gets them into the Grand Finals
They have faltered on the BIG day for whatever reasons
Injuries maybe cost them against WA
St beat em fair and square though

This could be the year of the Alberton/Port Natives/Natives/West Torrens/ Woodville West Torrens Eagles football club
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Scrappy wrote:Nothing wrong the Eagles game plan
It gets them into the Grand Finals
They have faltered on the BIG day for whatever reasons
Injuries maybe cost them against WA
St beat em fair and square though

This could be the year of the Alberton/Port Natives/Natives/West Torrens/ Woodville West Torrens Eagles football club

Could be
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:16 pm

The big difference for the Eagles this year compared to previous years is their forward line is quicker & can create pressure on defenders, I’m just saying that playing a team that made up roughly 50% of amateur players (no disrespect meant) the margin should have been much greater, the Defensive game plan is the same as it’s been, I’m concerned about the mental side of killing teams off.......don’t worry I truly am concerned & I’m concerned to the tune of $300 at $5.00 for them to go top
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Seaside1 wrote:Good bet and if the Eagles dont win it this year then you would imagine a change of coach.
Spell Check and Micky J , have a read before you post as it is very confusing most of the time.

As far as I know Godden was reappointed for three years .
What's your point ?
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:45 pm

bayman wrote:The big difference for the Eagles this year compared to previous years is their forward line is quicker & can create pressure on defenders, I’m just saying that playing a team that made up roughly 50% of amateur players (no disrespect meant) the margin should have been much greater, the Defensive game plan is the same as it’s been, I’m concerned about the mental side of killing teams off.......don’t worry I truly am concerned & I’m concerned to the tune of $300 at $5.00 for them to go top

Those second rate players you mention Bayman were hearing footsteps appearing scared out of their minds when Eagles players were a metre away from them .

I like the better midfielders this year. I know one Eagle just got a game but the recruit from Port Adelaide Sharrad adds a real niggle or grunt to the midfield of the Eagles .
Four ruckmen who can play league came to the fore against Adelaide Borholm was an out injured in came man mountain Seb.

Yep Eagles won a game against a **** rejects team
Bayman your worried about not a high enough margin
Percentage so far in 2018 means zip zero for the Eagles due to the draw
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Seaside1 wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Seaside1 wrote:Good bet and if the Eagles dont win it this year then you would imagine a change of coach.
Spell Check and Micky J , have a read before you post as it is very confusing most of the time.

As far as I know Godden was reappointed for three years .
What's your point ?
My point was clear . ( notice a more coherent post to Bayman just now , ironically after my post ).

Most , if not all your posts do not make sense. My other point was if the Eagles don't win it this year then Godden wont be coaching at the Eagles next year. I think that is clear. I have no idea of his contract but you must. If true then that is interesting.

As far as I know my posts are clear and concise . Thank you to the education system of SA that your taxes are paying for , I'm soon to be passing my community services certificate three course .
And if your stirring up trouble better do your homework it was reported early in 2018 Godden was signed for another three years.

Now if your unhappy with my posts , please email them to my mentor tutor/teacher at the senior college . As she is paid by your tax dollars to ensure I can write and speak the queen's English correctly .
It appears the education of SA was lacking something in 1979 when I completed year 12.
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Seaside1 wrote:lol . Anyway best leave this an as an Eagles win. . Well done .

Sorry couldn't you understand my post .
Guess I could do another vocational education course , seems Centrelink likes approving your tax dollars going towards it . Just think Seadide your tax dollars pay for my new start payments ( if you don't understand that is the dole ) . Plus your tax money has paid the majority of my 12 month vocational education course .
Perhaps I should study a course on answering Seasides online posts.
Your tax dollars well spent Seaside .
Lol
Ps
Your tax dollars pay for me to go watch the Eagles footy games
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Mickyj,
Seaside1 is correct at times your posts do not make any sense at all & also are not typed in correct English, however NOBODY ever gets English correct all the time whether typing, writing or speaking........................................as for ''we are all paying taxes for your courses & to the football etc'' that is nothing more than baiting or teasing people like an 8 year old child, because who cares ?...your posting was usually accurate but i think the bang on the head has affected you in a small way, given the way you post now.......this is not a criticism this is what i think & i think you should get a scan on that head of yours as i'd like the real Mickyj back
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:29 am

At this point the coach will be there as long as he wants. I see your point on the end game not being achieved but I believe Godden is irreplaceable at the Eagles. 1 premiership and not missing any finals in his tenure almost put him in Roy Lairds' class (almost). He has endured so many class players leaving and still come up with the goods.
Mickyj seems easily bated and his responses are not always thought through but he loves his club like you do yours. If you don't understand them , ignore them.

goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:45 am

bayman wrote:Mickyj,
          Seaside1  is correct at times your posts do not make any sense at all & also are not  typed in  correct English, however NOBODY ever gets English correct all the time whether typing, writing or speaking........................................as for ''we  are  all  paying taxes for  your courses & to the football etc'' that is nothing more than baiting or teasing people like an 8 year old child,  because who cares ?...your posting was usually accurate but i think the bang on the head has affected you in a small way, given the way you post now.......this is not a criticism this is what i think & i think you should get a scan on that head of yours as i'd like the real Mickyj back

Hes gone Bayman
And I was only trying to annoy seaside
Newstart and the concession card while making my life hard are paying for everything
Id love to know how medications drop from $37 everywhere to $5.40 that is another story.
Seaside was bating me I could care less probably doesn't like the Eagles playing finals
Have a great day I'm off to school later
Peace out
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:15 am

Seaside1 wrote:
mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:Mickyj,
          Seaside1  is correct at times your posts do not make any sense at all & also are not  typed in  correct English, however NOBODY ever gets English correct all the time whether typing, writing or speaking........................................as for ''we  are  all  paying taxes for  your courses & to the football etc'' that is nothing more than baiting or teasing people like an 8 year old child,  because who cares ?...your posting was usually accurate but i think the bang on the head has affected you in a small way, given the way you post now.......this is not a criticism this is what i think & i think you should get a scan on that head of yours as i'd like the real Mickyj back

Hes gone Bayman
And I was only trying to annoy seaside
Newstart and the concession card while making my life hard are paying for everything
Id love to know how medications drop from $37 everywhere to $5.40 that is another story.
Seaside was bating me I could care less probably doesn't like the Eagles playing finals
Have a great day I'm off to school later
Peace out

Isn't that deliberately trolling , trying to annoy someone ? Not sure how you continue to do it and get away with it ? You are a troll mate and post a lot of rubbish and then support that with an injury . You have just admitted it by saying you were " just trying to annoy" me. You go on about allowances , concession cards and taxpayers paying for you . You know exactly what you are doing.
Stick to footy as that is what the forum is about. Not being proud of ripping taxpayers off.
Ho hum not working
Plus tax payers concession cards ect are paying for me to go watch the footy and pay for my course to do a job I will never get employed in
Please go for it
You seem to enjoy it
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:29 am

You are making it sound like you are getting into the football for free, you are paying a discount on the adult entrance fee, $8.00 instead of $14.00...or what the Eagles season ticket discount is, which is what I presume you have which would mean your Eagles are losing out on the difference

By the way there are millions of people that have health care cards for a wide range of reasons & that entitles people to discount, I had one as a single father until my son turned 18 & I don’t understand why you think that you having a concession card would annoy anyone, if anyone has a concession card then they are entitled to it, as for the one I had I could never understand why I was given it seeing I was working but I was entitled to it so I used it, same for you
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 am

bayman wrote:You are making it sound like you are getting into the football for free, you are paying a discount on the adult entrance fee, $8.00 instead of $14.00...or what the Eagles season ticket discount is, which is what I presume you have which would mean your Eagles are losing out on the difference

By the way there are millions of people that have health care cards for a wide range of reasons & that entitles people to discount, I had one as a single father until my son turned 18 & I don’t understand why you think that you having a concession card would annoy anyone, if anyone has a concession card then they are entitled to it, as for the one I had I could never understand why I was given it seeing I was working but I was entitled to it so I used it, same for you

Some people get upset by it bayman . I used to have a health care card when I worked full-time single wage earner two kids under 16 low paid workers ( no matter how the employer thinks your over paid) I qualified for a HCC . Once both turned 16 I lost it .
Once on incapacitated benefits back on HCC after I first applied for the disability pension I recieved the concession card . Medications are still discounted but my car rego is hundreds cheaper which means I can afford 12 months rego . And yes I get cheaper membership not sure how the Eagles don't make money.
Let's be honest I have worked 3 full time jobs from 16 to 52 one for 13 years one for 21 years what did life teach me killing yourself for 8 or 10 or 12 hour days the low wages aint worth the grey hairs .
Now see how learning to write 500 to 1000 reflections or answers to questions means I can write posts .
Let's just talk footy ok
Unless you can explain how medication when I work 40 plus hours a week costs over $37 but get a health care card or concession card drops to $5.40 .
But that's not footy
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum