Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post new topic   

Go down

Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:05 pm

Sturt v Port
Wednesday 25 April
Peter Motley Oval

Reserves: 10:30am
League: 1:10pm

Sturt had a shock loss to the North, while Port drew with the Eagles in one of the worst matches of SANFL ever.  Who will come away with the win.


Last edited by Brucetiki on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Only a Cornes could get outraged over that
avatar
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2845
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:34 am

I think you meant to swap them around.
Sturt lost to North.
Port drew with Eagles.

28 points a piece is the footy equivalent of a nil all draw in soccer. Probably a nil all draw with one shot on goal each.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2906
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by UncleHuey on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Port are close to full strength while Sturt is full of ex-Port players who want to play League not ressies. Sturt at home in a close one.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1187
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by PhilH on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:11 am


avatar
PhilH

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 736
Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by goddy11 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:27 pm

Disappointing the game is not at AO. I suspect a v.g. crowd would have come.
avatar
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 201
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by rocket_rooster on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:49 pm

You make a good point Goddy. 4 years ago North vs Norwood drew 10,000 people to the Anzac Day game at Adelaide Oval. They only opened the bottom levels of the stands but the game had a real atmosphere. Sturt and Port would draw that many at least if the game were played at Adelaide Oval.
Every Grand Finalist has earnt the honour of playing at Adelaide Oval on the next Anzac Day following their grand final appearance.


Last edited by rocket_rooster on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
rocket_rooster

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by goddy11 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:You make a good point Goddy. 4 years ago North vs Norwood drew 10,000 people to the Anzac Day game at Adelaide Oval. They only opened the bottom levels of the stands but the game had a real atmosphere. Sturt and Port would draw that many at least if the game were played at Adelaide Oval.
Every Grand Finalist has earnt the honour of playing at Adelaide Oval on the nexr Anzac Day following their grand final appearance.

R_R Its another tradition lost. Our GF's used to be standalone events to showcase to the Nation after all the AFL is finished. AO has been ANZAC day venue for quite a long time until last year.
avatar
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 201
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by spell_check on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:38 pm

goddy11 wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:You make a good point Goddy. 4 years ago North vs Norwood drew 10,000 people to the Anzac Day game at Adelaide Oval. They only opened the bottom levels of the stands but the game had a real atmosphere. Sturt and Port would draw that many at least if the game were played at Adelaide Oval.
Every Grand Finalist has earnt the honour of playing at Adelaide Oval on the nexr Anzac Day following their grand final appearance.

R_R  Its another tradition lost. Our GF's used to be standalone events to showcase to the Nation after all the AFL is finished. AO has been ANZAC day venue for quite a long time until last year.

It was, except for when it wasn't available eg. 2007, 2010, 2012 and 2013
avatar
spell_check

Join date : 2012-02-17
Posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by PhilH on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:29 am

Personally I like it at the home of the premier.

The only reason the 2014 game drew 10K to Adelaide Oval was because it was the 1st SANFL game at the new AO between clubs with 2 good supporter bases.

Previous games at AO during 2000's (when ground available) were around 5-8K


Hoping a good crowd turns up

The atmosphere at Unley should be great and Sturt would get to make some money in the process.

Wish I was going but someone has to be in the studio putting the 1079 Broadcast to air.

avatar
PhilH

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 736
Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by PhilH on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:53 am


GAME DAY - SANFL Macca's League ANZAC DAY game Sturt v Port @ Peter Motley Oval Unley.

LIVE Radio Call on 1079 Life, starting 12 noon with SANFL ONE. 107.9 FM in Adelaide or www.1079life.com/listen

Go in draw to win Double Pass to Wallis Cinemas, just advise your prediction & margin of 1079 Life Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/LifeFM1079/ or tweet @SANFL1079Life.
avatar
PhilH

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 736
Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Big Phil on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Sam Powell-Pepper is playing for the Magpies, as well as Tom Rockliff.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4328
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by RODH2 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:13 pm

So, A Power player is reported, gets 3 games, and is allowed to play in Port's SANFL side......is that correct? Thoughts, anyone?
avatar
RODH2

Join date : 2013-08-21
Posts : 155
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Lee on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:18 pm

See SANFL Media Statement in separate thread
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7021
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:30 pm

PhilH wrote:Personally I like it at the home of the premier.

The only reason the 2014 game drew 10K to Adelaide Oval was because it was the 1st SANFL game at the new AO between clubs with 2 good supporter bases.

Previous games at AO during 2000's (when ground available) were around 5-8K


Hoping a good crowd turns up

The atmosphere at Unley should be great and Sturt would get to make some money in the process.

Wish I was going but someone has to be in the studio putting the 1079 Broadcast to air.


Further to that, just 1 year after the Norwood v North game, West and the Eagles got a couple of thousand and Adelaide Oval did the Sheffield Shield set up of keeping everyone to the southern and western parts of the ground.


Last edited by Brucetiki on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Only a Cornes could get outraged over that
avatar
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2845
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by spell_check on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:06 pm

PhilH wrote:Personally I like it at the home of the premier.

The only reason the 2014 game drew 10K to Adelaide Oval was because it was the 1st SANFL game at the new AO between clubs with 2 good supporter bases.

Previous games at AO during 2000's (when ground available) were around 5-8K


Hoping a good crowd turns up

The atmosphere at Unley should be great and Sturt would get to make some money in the process.

Wish I was going but someone has to be in the studio putting the 1079 Broadcast to air.


These are the matches from when last years GF sides met the following year on the 25th of April eg. excludes 2004 (26th) and 2015 (24th)
2001 C.D Eag Adelaide 6834
2002 C.D Eag Adelaide 5150
2003 St C.D Adelaide 8694
2005 C.D Eag Adelaide 5580
2006 C.D Eag Adelaide 4698
2007 Eag C.D Thebarton 4631
2008 C.D N.A Adelaide 4393
2009 C.D Gl Adelaide 2854
2010 C.D St Elizabeth 4884
2011 C.D Nor Adelaide 6358
2012 Eag C.D Woodville 4054
2013 Nor W.A Norwood 6038
2014 Nor N.A Adelaide 10014
2016 W.A Eag Adelaide 3119
2017 St Eag Unley 3892

Every ground could easily hold for the upper reaches of those figures, except for Unley
avatar
spell_check

Join date : 2012-02-17
Posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by PhilH on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:28 pm

According to SANFL report ... crowd 7,965

Highest Crowd to a SANFL minor rd match since ANZAC Day 2014
avatar
PhilH

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 736
Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:03 pm

PhilH wrote:According to SANFL report ... crowd 7,965

Highest Crowd to a SANFL minor rd match since ANZAC Day 2014

That'd be close to capacity for Unley wouldn't it?

_________________
Only a Cornes could get outraged over that
avatar
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2845
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4: Sturt v Port - Wednesday 25 April @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Big Phil on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:30 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
PhilH wrote:According to SANFL report ... crowd 7,965

Highest Crowd to a SANFL minor rd match since ANZAC Day 2014

That'd be close to capacity for Unley wouldn't it?

She was packed to the brim.

I lined up from half way through the 'half time' break through the 15 minute mark of the third term for some hot food.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4328
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Back to top


Post new topic   
 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum