Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post new topic   

Go down

Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:11 am

Glenelg v Norwood
Saturday 14 April
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Glenelg are yet to get off the mark in season 2018, while Norwood have split their results so far. Who will notch up a win on Saturday?

_________________
Only a Cornes could get outraged over that
avatar
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2711
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by UncleHuey on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Tigers at home will get their season rolling with a 3 goal win against the Legs.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1055
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Scrappy on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Glenelg my selection the Bayman/Scrappy Cup
Agree with Uncle Hueys margin
avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3372

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Scrunch on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Glenelg in recent seasons seem tougher to play at home, especially early in the season. Norwood seemed to have "clicked" a bit last week so tough one to call. Throw in the expected slippery conditions and who really knows? Will err on the side of home ground advantage and say Glenelg by 9 points.
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1397

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by rocket_rooster on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Scrunch wrote:Glenelg in recent seasons seem tougher to play at home, especially early in the season. Norwood seemed to have "clicked" a bit last week so tough one to call. Throw in the expected slippery conditions and who really knows? Will err on the side of home ground advantage and say Glenelg by 9 points.

I have to query your Glenelg being tougher at home statement. In the last two seasons North have only won 8 matches out of 36 and yet two of the eight have been at the Bay. I don't know how Glenelg have done at home against the other, better sides though.
avatar
rocket_rooster

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Scrunch on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:40 am

rocket_rooster wrote:
Scrunch wrote:Glenelg in recent seasons seem tougher to play at home, especially early in the season. Norwood seemed to have "clicked" a bit last week so tough one to call. Throw in the expected slippery conditions and who really knows? Will err on the side of home ground advantage and say Glenelg by 9 points.

I have to query your Glenelg being tougher at home statement. In the last two seasons North have only won 8 matches out of 36 and yet two of the eight have been at the Bay. I don't know how Glenelg have done at home against the other, better sides though.

I have no factual basis on it, more a gut feel - Felt they'd been far more competitive (and successful) at home than away, especially early in the season but it may not be the case
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1397

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by fatty on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:11 am

if glenelg play with the same intensity as last week they should get up but if they dont the legs will win
avatar
fatty

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 58
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by PhilH on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:17 am


avatar
PhilH

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 641
Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by erik70 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:12 am

Norwood by 15,few options up forward ,Panos and Grigg in the middle in what should be a wet and windy day at the bay
avatar
erik70

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 34
Location : campbelltown
Teams : NORWOOD ADELAIDE CROWS
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by fatty on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:57 pm

great effort by the tigers apart from the sleep they had for most of the last quarter
avatar
fatty

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 58
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Norwood - Saturday 14 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by UncleHuey on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:04 pm

fatty wrote:great effort by the tigers apart from the sleep they had for most of the last quarter

Think they started celebrating too soon. Norwood lifted and the Bays work rate dropped.
The Bays 3rd quarter was the best I have seen them play for a long time, hard at the ball, clean disposals, working both ways and better delivery into the forward line. If they can play like that for 4 quarters every week they will taste finals this year.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1055
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Back to top


Post new topic   
 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum