Adelaide v GWS

 :: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

Adelaide v GWS Empty Adelaide v GWS

Post by Lee on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Adelaide have been very flakey in finals in the past, but this is one I think they should win.

GWS have been up and down lately and although talented, they look a bit fragile to me.

A win and it's a home prelim final.
Lee
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7185
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v GWS Empty Re: Adelaide v GWS

Post by bayman on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:09 pm

GWS by 4 or 5 goals, they'll negate Sloane & win by 4 or 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7396
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v GWS Empty Re: Adelaide v GWS

Post by Brucetiki on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:16 pm

At home, Adelaide should win comfortably.  Three big ins from the trip to Perth in Tex, Talia and Greenwood.  Matt Crouch will do the job should Sloane not be ready.  Eddie to do his magic and GWS to be spooked by a full house.

_________________
Only a Cornes could get outraged over that
Brucetiki
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2877
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v GWS Empty Re: Adelaide v GWS

Post by UncleHuey on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Adelaide will win this one. They are playing for each other and unless they have a shocking night in front of goals will generate too much entry into the forward lines for GWS. GWS seem to be a team of individuals at times and that doesn't work in finals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1340
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v GWS Empty Re: Adelaide v GWS

Post by bayman on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:39 am

bayman wrote:GWS by 4 or 5 goals, they'll negate Sloane & win by 4 or 5 goals

I was only about 10 goals out, obviously Adelaide looked ominous, the only question in my mind is did they look "that good" because they were "that good" or did GWS play that poorly It made Adelaide look ominous?
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7396
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v GWS Empty Re: Adelaide v GWS

Post by mickyj on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:56 am

bayman wrote:
bayman wrote:GWS by 4 or 5 goals, they'll negate Sloane & win by 4 or 5 goals

I was only about 10 goals out, obviously Adelaide looked ominous, the only question in my mind is did they look "that good" because they were "that good" or did GWS play that poorly It made Adelaide look ominous?

That is very philological if ive spelt that right
A lot of player out with injury during the game on both sides .
Did GWS go in to tall once GWS injuries happened yes they did .
Seedsman slipped into a role like brodie smith seeing he may have done is ACL

Good question bayman
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2300
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v GWS Empty Re: Adelaide v GWS

Post by UncleHuey on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:53 pm

GWS were poor but a lot of that is how well the Crows played. They gave the GWS midfield no time to set up plays, the pressure applied on them was fantastic. The crows midfield was also prepared to run both ways, GWS didn't get back as much which left a lot of space for Adelaide forwards to work into.
Adelaide defence worked really well, Talia is huge for organising things and taking the key big man, Hartigan worked well and the other stepped up to cover for Smith.
Impressive display against a top 4 side.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1340
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v GWS Empty Re: Adelaide v GWS

Post by mickyj on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:47 pm

UncleHuey wrote:GWS were poor but a lot of that is how well the Crows played. They gave the GWS midfield no time to set up plays, the pressure applied on them was fantastic. The crows midfield was also prepared to run both ways, GWS didn't get back as much which left a lot of space for Adelaide forwards to work into.
Adelaide defence worked really well, Talia is huge for organising things and taking the key big man, Hartigan worked well and the other stepped up to cover for Smith.
Impressive display against a top 4 side.

Well written and said Uncle Huey
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2300
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v GWS Empty Re: Adelaide v GWS

Post by Lee on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:39 pm

The Crows are relentless at the 'scrimmage' ball and well organised when they do get it from a contested group of players.

They look as if they know exactly what to do when they get it and where they have to run to.

Doesn't always work because of skill failures at times, but it's a long way ahead of most.
Lee
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7185
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v GWS Empty Re: Adelaide v GWS

Post by Brucetiki on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Crows won the scratch match against GWS 14.9.93 to 6.8.44.

Still some competition for spots heading into the PF

_________________
Only a Cornes could get outraged over that
Brucetiki
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2877
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 :: AFL :: SA in the AFL

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum