Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Port v Glenelg
Sunday 23 July
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

21 AFL listed Port players got nowhere near a struggling Centrals outfit, while Glenelg had a field day against South. Who will come away with the win this week?

_________________
the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston
avatar
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2631
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Power reserves likely to be more switched on after a loss, I'm hoping Glenelg but thinking the home team but not by much, let's say 11 points
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6652
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Scrunch on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:33 am

Think Port might get it done by about 5 goals
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1340

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Bays were brave  but you could see the power reserves leg speed & fitness starting to get space during the third term, they were too good but the 50 point margin wasn't a true indication of the whole match, Snook & Curran were outstanding for Glenelg in a sometimes spiteful match, Bradley broke his collarbone & an unknown (to me as I couldn't see his number)power reserves player went off after a Scharenberg tackle
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6652
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by C.K on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:55 pm

bayman wrote:Bays were brave  but you could see the power reserves leg speed & fitness starting to get space during the third term, they were too good but the 50 point margin wasn't a true indication of the whole match, Snook & Curran were outstanding for Glenelg in a sometimes spiteful match, Bradley broke his collarbone & an unknown (to me as I couldn't see his number)power reserves player went off after a Scharenberg tackle

Todd Marshall with concussion, Bayman.
avatar
C.K

Join date : 2011-12-06
Posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks C.K.
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6652
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Big Phil on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:17 pm

bayman wrote:Snook & Curran were outstanding for Glenelg in a sometimes spiteful match, Bradley broke his collarbone...
If memory serves correct, Andrew Bradley broke his collarbone in the corresponding game v Port at Alberton last year.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4186
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:Snook & Curran were outstanding for Glenelg in a sometimes spiteful match, Bradley broke his collarbone...
If memory serves correct, Andrew Bradley broke his collarbone in the corresponding game v Port at Alberton last year.

he did & it was the other collarbone last year, next year i think we should give him the week off
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6652
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Booney on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:05 am

Always good to beat the Yabs.
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Booney wrote:Always good to beat the Yabs.

Wasn't unexpected at all though, after all when Summerton is playing in the early game you know how many professional footballers are starting at 2.10 pm, i'm still in shock at the lack of professionalism & respect they showed in round 1 & they paid the penalty then & weren't going to make the same mistakes the next time around......i just wish we could play the deceased magpies' rather than the franchised version of them
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6652
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Booney wrote:Always good to beat the Yabs.

I'll add now as should have before, it used to feel special beating Port, but now that it is the Power Reserves it doesn't mean anything near what it used too
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6652
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Booney on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:47 am

bayman wrote:
Booney wrote:Always good to beat the Yabs.

I'll add now as should have before, it used to feel special beating Port, but now that it is the Power Reserves it doesn't mean anything near what it used too

Still love beating the Bays, nothing better than watching the suffering continue. Very Happy
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:
Booney wrote:Always good to beat the Yabs.

I'll add now as should have before, it used to feel special beating Port, but now that it is the Power Reserves it doesn't mean anything near what it used too

Still love beating the Bays, nothing better than watching the suffering continue. Very Happy

I'm happy for you, no suffering anymore mate as my passion isn't there anymore
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6652
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Beating Port and to a lesser extent (at least this season) the Crows, is just a measuring yardstick now. Something to rate yourself against.

I agree it doesn't carry the emotion it once had.
The AFL sides wanted in and got it, largely on their playing terms. They should just be happy with that.

In Port's case if their traditional supporters have become apathetic to them or other team's supporters cannot warm to them anymore, then the Port FC is just going to have to cop that.

I suspect they don't really care on either count.

I read Rucci's latest dribble about 70% of fans wanting retention of the AFL sides. Umpteen thousand respondents to their survey apparently. Did they hover around Alberton and West Lakes to poll most of them maybe? Very Happy

I can't accept that the majority of sanfl supporters (ie the real ones that still go) would prefer this arrangement.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2747
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by mickyj on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:44 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Beating Port and to a lesser extent (at least this season) the Crows, is just a measuring yardstick now. Something to rate yourself against.

I agree it doesn't carry the emotion it once had.
The AFL sides wanted in and got it, largely on their playing terms. They should just be happy with that.

In Port's case if their traditional supporters have become apathetic to them or other team's supporters cannot warm to them anymore, then the Port FC is just going to have to cop that.

I suspect they don't really care on either count.

I read Rucci's latest dribble about 70% of fans wanting retention of the AFL sides. Umpteen thousand respondents to their survey apparently. Did they hover around Alberton and West Lakes to poll most of them maybe? Very Happy

I can't accept that the majority of sanfl supporters (ie the real ones that still go) would prefer this arrangement.

Not to anger people
But reading stuff on Facebook as well as footy forums
Those who whinge and moan most and say the sanfl is dying don't bother to attend sanfl games . Or only go to games that no AFL seconds teams are in .

Now to this post the majority of sanfl fans do not want the AfL teams in the sanfl
But as a sanfl fan who attends every sanfl game his team plays in.
I don't think they should be in but seeing they are I hope every game they lose .

If that makes sense
All the doom and gloom
By non attenders is friggin boring
All the 1870 stuff gets old and boring the Port fans turn up to sanfl games in the wrong colours .

Enough from me play on
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1493
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum