Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki on Mon May 08, 2017 10:08 pm

Eagles v Glenelg
Saturday 13 May
Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

The Eagles back up in this split round with their second home of the round, hosting an improving Glenelg. Who will come away with the 2 points this week?

_________________
the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston
avatar
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2632
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Tue May 09, 2017 12:40 am

Win lose or draw this game will show how much Glenelg have improved since last season, hoping for a tiger victory however the Eagles are always hard to beat at home, I'll say the Eagles by 17 points
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6657
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Tue May 09, 2017 8:58 am

This could be the hardest team the Eagles have faced so far in the 2017 season
Hopefully the Eagles keep going like they have all season
Run and out muscling teams
This week Eagles kick straight for goals please
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by UncleHuey on Tue May 09, 2017 1:22 pm

I think the Eagles will be too strong but if the Bays can play for 4 quarters like they did against Port and Sturt they are a real chance here. I cant see the Eagles fading away in the last quarter like Centrals and South but if the Tigers are within a couple of goals at the last change a rare win at Woodville would be on the cards.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1009
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Thu May 11, 2017 5:17 pm

avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Sat May 13, 2017 11:21 am

Eagles league team unchanged this week
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Sat May 13, 2017 3:11 pm

We're getting outclassed today but the umpiring today overall has no feel for the game, it's 9.6 to 4.3 as I type
This is why they lost control of the game
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6657
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Sat May 13, 2017 4:09 pm

bayman wrote:We're getting outclassed today but the umpiring today overall has no feel for the game, it's 9.6 to 4.3 as I type
This is why they lost control of the game

Can't argue about the umpires
Seconds umpires pAid holding the ball very very touchy frees to both seconds teams
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by The Hatchet on Sat May 13, 2017 4:43 pm

the eagles radio call is interesting to say it nicely (not the stream call, the one here at ground)
avatar
The Hatchet

Join date : 2012-12-31
Posts : 219
Location : Ready to strike with the axe

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by southern bulldog on Sat May 13, 2017 6:34 pm

There were some football followers suggesting the Eagles might slip this year they look as though they are after redemption from the last 2 seasons and are clearly the best side in the competition at the moment by a long way
avatar
southern bulldog

Join date : 2015-10-17
Posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Sat May 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Twisted Evil
southern bulldog wrote:There were some football followers suggesting the Eagles might slip this year they look as though they are after redemption from the last 2 seasons and are clearly the best side in the competition at the moment by a long way

Obviously you don't rate the Power reserves sb, they are miles ahead of all teams
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6657
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Sat May 13, 2017 9:40 pm

bayman wrote: Twisted Evil
southern bulldog wrote:There were some football followers suggesting the Eagles might slip this year they look as though they are after redemption from the last 2 seasons and are clearly the best side in the competition at the moment by a long way

Obviously you don't rate the Power reserves sb, they are miles ahead of all teams

I rate the power I am wondering about their trip to china taking
Most of their magpie players

I went today thinking it was going to be a close game needing to be enough in front of Glenelg . I was totally wrong no idea what happened to Glenelg wasn't a hard game Glenelg were out classed I guess
It could be said ex Glenelg players out shone their old team
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by southern bulldog on Sat May 13, 2017 11:40 pm

The Eagles are the ONLY SIDE that will give a full strength Port a run for their money i meant that the Eagles are the best of the proper SANFL teams
avatar
southern bulldog

Join date : 2015-10-17
Posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Sun May 14, 2017 12:56 am

They are probably the best real sanfl team, however as the situation is they will have to front all comers including the power reserves if they want to go top, as for the only side to give them a run for their money, I refer you to round 1 this year Wink
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6657
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by southern bulldog on Sun May 14, 2017 8:50 am

Yes Bayman you did beat them and it was a great win but did they have 20 AFL listed players when you played them.We have them in 2 weeks and i fear it will be very ugly.
avatar
southern bulldog

Join date : 2015-10-17
Posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Sun May 14, 2017 11:51 am

southern bulldog wrote:Yes Bayman you did beat them and it was a great win  but did they have 20 AFL listed players when you played them.We have them in 2 weeks and i fear it will be very ugly.


no mate, they only had 19 listed players that night, as for your team i think fitness is their major problem, they seem to get heavy legs too far out from the final siren
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6657
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by southern bulldog on Sun May 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Didnt realise they had that many in when you played them makes your win even better be interesting to see how good the Eagles are this week with Port at Alberton.
avatar
southern bulldog

Join date : 2015-10-17
Posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Sun May 14, 2017 12:59 pm

southern bulldog wrote:Didnt realise they had that many in when you played them makes your win even better be interesting to see how good the Eagles are this week with Port at Alberton.  

yep, the Eagles are probably going to get them at the right time, i say that because some of their players will be in China so that may inconvenience them somewhat.....i'm happy we're playing on Friday night as i'm looking forward to watching this match live
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6657
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Big Phil on Sun May 14, 2017 4:24 pm

The Hatchet wrote:the eagles radio call is interesting to say it nicely (not the stream call, the one here at ground)

What was so 'interesting' about it?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4186
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Sun May 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Big Phil wrote:
The Hatchet wrote:the eagles radio call is interesting to say it nicely (not the stream call, the one here at ground)

What was so 'interesting' about it?

Haven't heard it Phil
Maybe people don't like the Eagles trying to be more professional off the field
Who knows don't care really if that's all people have to complain about more boring than I am
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by The Hatchet on Sun May 14, 2017 6:18 pm

mickyj wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
The Hatchet wrote:the eagles radio call is interesting to say it nicely (not the stream call, the one here at ground)

What was so 'interesting' about it?

Haven't heard it Phil
Maybe people don't like the Eagles trying to be more professional off the field
Who knows don't care really if that's all people have to complain about more boring than I am

you already said you hadnt heatd it so not sure why you would get offended about it, nobody had a go at your club.
avatar
The Hatchet

Join date : 2012-12-31
Posts : 219
Location : Ready to strike with the axe

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Sun May 14, 2017 7:46 pm

The Hatchet wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
The Hatchet wrote:the eagles radio call is interesting to say it nicely (not the stream call, the one here at ground)

What was so 'interesting' about it?

Haven't heard it Phil
Maybe people don't like the Eagles trying to be more professional off the field
Who knows don't care really if that's all people have to complain about more boring than I am

you already said you hadnt heatd it so not sure why you would get offended about it, nobody had a go at your club.

Ok so what are you saying about the radio
I read a report last week by a blind crows fan he enjoyed it
And if you need to see what was said go on sanfl fans Facebook page
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 13 May @ Maugham Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Big Phil on Fri May 19, 2017 5:51 am

The Hatchet wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
The Hatchet wrote:the eagles radio call is interesting to say it nicely (not the stream call, the one here at ground)

What was so 'interesting' about it?

Haven't heard it Phil
Maybe people don't like the Eagles trying to be more professional off the field
Who knows don't care really if that's all people have to complain about more boring than I am

you already said you hadnt heatd it so not sure why you would get offended about it, nobody had a go at your club.

So what were the thoughts on those that heard it? Hatchet?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4186
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum