Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:09 pm

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Lee wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Not sure the crowd number yesterday but it looked as small as I have seen it. Not a good idea to televise with the Power and Crows following. Might be good PR to the Eagles but financially I'm not sure of any other benefits.

I think the ground announcer said 1781?, micky.

think thats right lee or 1769
We were thinking 1500 if lucky

I sat in the cricket club and had a good all round view. They must have counted the Tasmanians in the crowd. I was thinking under 1000.

We looked on the Eagles page they said gates open at 10
Not the gate we were at there was five or six of us lined up to get in .
Other than that my second week of slight areas going red most going brown
Not used to the warmth at the footy
But crowds are hard to gauge wasn't a huge amount there
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Thiele on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:29 pm

mickyj wrote:
And one oldie again showed West why he should be playing league not in west seconds
Were you talking about silverlock. If you were it was his first game for 3 weeks after he did his hamstring in a trial
avatar
Thiele

Join date : 2011-12-14
Posts : 894
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Thiele wrote:
mickyj wrote:
And one oldie again showed West why he should be playing league not in west seconds
Were you talking about silverlock. If you were it was his first game for 3 weeks after he did his hamstring in a trial

No lol I was having a dig at Wests old coach and the old west player now Eagles number 1 ruck Bomber
Bomber out played Wests rucks
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Scrunch wrote:Eagles by 10 goals, wont lse too many minor round games


Genius

well done Scrunch
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6664
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:45 pm

mickyj wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:
EagleRock wrote:Lee Wundke only received 1 free kick, and with all due respect if you think Wilson was your best player your only trying to justify his recruitment.

SANFL stats show he received 2 frees.

Frees are interesting i normally whinge and moan yesterday only one umpire seemed crap he may have been the one that was unable to do the centre bounce
One umpire out of three was either pretty bad or a west fan (no offence to west fans) but honestly your an eagle standing in front of a west player both arms up going for the mark. Remember in front as the ball approaches you mark the ball whistle blows in the back eagle player says what you pushed the west player in the back . Honestly your standing in front how do you push a player in the back .

i went as a neutral & while there was a couple of blues by the umpires their overall performance was pretty good, i'll think you'll find most of the players made more blues than the umpires did
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6664
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Thiele on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:49 pm

mickyj wrote:
Thiele wrote:
mickyj wrote:
And one oldie again showed West why he should be playing league not in west seconds
Were you talking about silverlock. If you were it was his first game for 3 weeks after he did his hamstring in a trial

No lol I was having a dig at Wests old coach and the old west player now Eagles number 1 ruck Bomber
Bomber out played Wests rucks
Yep agreed on both accounts. If I remember correctly Godden never coached at the Bloods. Godden was a champion player. Godden coached down the Bay. Bomber is a champion to
avatar
Thiele

Join date : 2011-12-14
Posts : 894
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Thiele wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Thiele wrote:
mickyj wrote:
And one oldie again showed West why he should be playing league not in west seconds
Were you talking about silverlock. If you were it was his first game for 3 weeks after he did his hamstring in a trial

No lol I was having a dig at Wests old coach and the old west player now Eagles number 1 ruck Bomber
Bomber out played Wests rucks
Yep agreed on both accounts. If I remember correctly Godden never coached at the Bloods. Godden was a  champion player. Godden coached down the Bay. Bomber is a champion to
Coach I was meaning was Collins actually Theile
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Thiele on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:10 pm

mickyj wrote:
Thiele wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Thiele wrote:
mickyj wrote:
And one oldie again showed West why he should be playing league not in west seconds
Were you talking about silverlock. If you were it was his first game for 3 weeks after he did his hamstring in a trial

No lol I was having a dig at Wests old coach and the old west player now Eagles number 1 ruck Bomber
Bomber out played Wests rucks
Yep agreed on both accounts. If I remember correctly Godden never coached at the Bloods. Godden was a  champion player. Godden coached down the Bay. Bomber is a champion to
Coach I was meaning was Collins actually Theile
sorry
avatar
Thiele

Join date : 2011-12-14
Posts : 894
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Scrappy on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:26 am

This might be a real blue mooner prediction
Jack Hayes to play AFL in 2018
What an exceptional talent
avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3222

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by goddy11 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 am

Scrappy wrote:This might be a real blue mooner prediction
Jack Hayes to play AFL in 2018
What an exceptional talent

He appears to be a Mitch McGovern clone in all his play.
avatar
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 108
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:14 am

Pardon my ignorance but Who is Mitch McGovern ?
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6664
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:51 am

bayman wrote:Pardon my ignorance but Who is Mitch McGovern ?

Crows player Baymsn
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks mate, I don't watch the afl so I didn't know of him, I guessed it was an afl player though
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6664
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:16 pm

bayman wrote:Thanks mate, I don't watch the afl so I didn't know of him, I guessed it was an afl player though
Glad I could help
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Big Phil on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:33 pm

bayman wrote:Pardon my ignorance but Who is Mitch McGovern ?

https://www.google.com.au/#q=Mitch+McGovern
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4186
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Big Phil on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Can see why a few clubs chased West's Jake Wilson in the off-season.

Was impressed with his performance on Wundke.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4186
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Big Phil wrote:Can see why a few clubs chased West's Jake Wilson in the off-season.

Was impressed with his performance on Wundke.

Yep Wundke was held well
But this allowed Hayes to take over up forward and his older brother wasnt bad either
Should west have moved Wilson off of Wundke onto Hayes ?

avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum