Bits and Pieces Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bits and Pieces Thread

Post by oldfella on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:42 am

bayman wrote:no interest in it when they pull players playing LEAGUE FOOTY out of their teams just to help the recruiters watch them run around, surely playing league footy is better for their development than tin pot matches, i think the recruiters should earn their money by doing their work rather than getting it on a plate for them

Hooray, i thought i was the only one who thought thath

Honestly i go further, as a sufferer of severe clinical depression i am appauled at the number of afl player who suffer from depression --- it is not surprising when one conciders that these kids have been under extreme pressure since they were 15 or 16 and it does not relent and imo a very unfair and dangerous approach without the slightest care of professional concern for these kids welfare.

Yes when they get ill they provide support but it is too late the damage has been done.

If they were real they would make the afl an 21 and over competition so that these kids can mature as a person and as a professional sports person more capable of coping.

Sorry all rant over
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:17 pm

should sanfl umpires be allowed to look at their phones at half time of matches to look at the stats etc ?

i've seen enough games this year to believe they are looking at their apps & making adjustments in the second half, has happened too many times to be a coincidence

i understand the human nature to ''even things up'' but the way they are umpiring should be consistent for the whole match
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:47 pm

bayman wrote:should sanfl umpires be allowed to look at their phones at half time of matches to look at the stats etc ?

i've seen enough games this year to believe they are looking at their apps & making adjustments in the second half, has happened too many times to be a coincidence

i understand the human nature to ''even things up'' but the way they are umpiring should be consistent for the whole match

i have a footy friend who says at half time the umpires observer tells the umpires they have paid to many frees to one side.
i have no idea if they do but at games where one of the two teams was favored over the other it seems to change either that both get frees or the side that wasnt getting frees suddenly gets them.
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Hope this is the right place to put it. If the budget is going to put a picture in the Budget can they get right. Like today for the West and Crows the had picture of Kenny Karpany but put his name as Mason Middleton. The did the same Logan Hill and they Nick Faveretto. Also What is the Bays and South reserves doing in the same budget
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:14 pm

All matches are in all the different budgets, it's the league game that your at that has the traditional format only
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Is that Scott Lewis or Ryan Gosling that wears number 33 for Woodville West Torrens ....
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Scrappy wrote:Is that Scott Lewis or Ryan Gosling that wears number 33 for Woodville West Torrens ....

Looks like the secret is out Laughing
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:38 pm

does anyone else besides me think the Central side in 2017 is having that cinderella run that Woodville had in 1986 ?
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:54 pm

Hadn't really thought about it like that. But Centrals have snuck up on everyone I reckon.
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:07 am

No, I think they've gone as far as they'll go.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:23 pm

bayman wrote:does anyone else besides me think the Central side in 2017 is having that cinderella run that Woodville had in 1986 ?

To an extent, it's comparable to Centrals in 2015 as well

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum