Bits and Pieces Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bits and Pieces Thread

Post by Lee on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:38 pm

The results in the Sunday Mail are a bit of a reflection of where the competition has to improve.

According to the detailed results, West and South haven't played yet. The Under 18 and 16 results have goalkicker and best player details 'not available' for several games.

This is probably not the paper's fault, but let's hope it's tidied up for next week.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Bits and Pieces Thread

Post by goddy11 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Not only the Advertiser. The SANFL's own website had them as not having played.
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by legendace on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm

The SANFL website is barely usable now. The old one was very user friendly and up to date.
legendace

Teams : Norwood and any other not called Port
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:44 pm

I'm just trying to get score updates on it on my laptop. It cuts in and out. May be different on tablet.
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:37 pm

goddy11 wrote:I'm just trying to get score updates on it on my laptop. It cuts in and out. May be different on tablet.

Happened to me on Fri night but after 1/4 time was perfect
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Having my circumstances changed I can't afford to go to all the neutral games I used to, anyway I tried listening on the app & sadly it kept dropping in & out for the entire match, sometimes for a few seconds & other times for several minutes, must have been a great finish by Sturt, so the broadcast was in bits 'n' pieces
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Have to agree.. the new website is poor v.slow and far from intuitive
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:52 pm

What the hell has happened to the SANFL?? And why has all the score service been handed over to some outfit that seems to be an offshoot of a global gambling syndicate? And Stats? I can't even find any. For all the good the SANFL's website is they may as well shut it down. I'm appalled, seriously. It looks like the SANFL has simply sold out to the bookmakers. I'm beginning to wonder why I should be bothered with it any more. And I'm dead serious. Coming off a Sturt premiership last year I should be enthused, but I'm not. I suppose it's my old age showing, but the game I've followed all my life seems to be gone. And I'm finding it hard to relate to what's taken its place. Shocked
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:58 am

Bits And Pieces was a BIG hit for the Dave Clark Five
The song was released in South Adelaides last SANFL Premiership season
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:12 pm

It's safe to say the online presence of the SANFL in round 1 was an unmitigated disaster, with more holes than Hawthorn's defence! A shame because the bits and pieces of commentary were second to none - if only people could listen to it.

The big issue with listening via the app was once you got the radio stream working (after you were diverted from the app to a browser), if you wanted to flick away to another app, or if you popped your phone down to listen in the background and the screen went to sleep, the stream would stop. For an audio stream, this is unacceptable. You shouldn't need to stand over (and effectively disable) your phone just to listen to a stream. You should be able to switch the stream on, and then come back on here, or visit Facebook, or check your banking on your phone without losing the stream.

Then there's the issue with the SANFL website itself. Once a stream was going, the site crashed, which would've been very frustrating for anyone who's forked out money for the video stream.

Given the SANFL has pushed away traditional radio broadcasters for this, they need to fix this and show why this is superior to what has been provided in the past.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:19 pm

There were also no live stats provided as in the past, which would at least be some back-up if the stream, as it did, crashed.
Also, there is still no scores listed for the Sturt v Adelaide game.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Didn't have any problem with either the App or stream over the weekend bar some minor stream quality for a quarter.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm one for being highly critical of the sanfl as they've made (in my opinion) plenty of blunders in recent years, so this year they've done a little "bit" right, with that being that concession prices have come down from $10.00 to $8.00...credit where credit is due although if I were running the show the prices would be $10.00 per adult & $5.00 for concession
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sat May 13, 2017 12:48 pm

for those that are going today & went last week, then last weeks budget will suffice for today
bayman

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum