Rumour File

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Flag No.10 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:35 pm

Every club makes recruiting errors, it's not an exact science. South also recruited Joel Cross, Nick Liddle, Brett Eddy, Brede Secull, Xavier Gotch and Tom Fields and became a very strong side.

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 1977
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:11 am

Expect another recently delisted AFL listed player, who is not an SA native, to sign with an SANFL club shortly, after not getting an AFL lifeline last week.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4239
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:14 am

Lachlan2 wrote:It will be interesting to see if Brad Hartman actually completes pre-season and plays for Sturt this year.
If I was a betting man, I don't think he will see out 2017

Didn't he end up starting the season with Sturt, or was that the year before?

Where did he end up playing his footy last season?

Murray Bridge?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4239
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:20 am

waddayamean wrote:I believe there  should be a cap but my point is players go to where success is and not just money. I am also not talking about the last few years .It was no issue 2 years ago , in fact it was all good.

That may be true for some and perhaps most players, but not all.

At Sturt; Bruggeman and Staple - lasted 1 year and did bugger all.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2791
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Flag No.10 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:25 am

Big Phil wrote:Expect another recently delisted AFL listed player, who is not an SA native, to sign with an SANFL club shortly, after not getting an AFL lifeline last week.

Would he be a rather tall player BP?

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 1977
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:35 am

Flag No.10 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Expect another recently delisted AFL listed player, who is not an SA native, to sign with an SANFL club shortly, after not getting an AFL lifeline last week.

Would he be a rather tall player BP?

Yes...

He is a key position player...
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4239
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:54 am

Big Phil wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Expect another recently delisted AFL listed player, who is not an SA native, to sign with an SANFL club shortly, after not getting an AFL lifeline last week.

Would he be a rather tall player BP?

Yes...

He is a key position player...

Here i was thinking you were talking ruckmen
Any more info was he delisted by an Adelaide based AFL club
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1586
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by eartotheground on Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:23 pm

No.

Also a fringe western suburbs player shooting off to the seaside?
avatar
eartotheground

Join date : 2012-06-22
Posts : 466

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:13 pm

eartotheground wrote:No.

Also a fringe western suburbs player shooting off to the seaside?

i just read on snouts that someone had heard Rankine was on his way to the bay......if true i say we need better players than him to climb up the ladder, however i'd happily take his brother
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6772
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:40 pm

mickyj wrote:Any more info was he delisted by an Adelaide based AFL club
You'll find out soon enough...

Is the Jake Johansen's asking price for a transfer likely to see him play SAAFL next year?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4239
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:Any more info was he delisted by an Adelaide based AFL club
You'll find out soon enough...

Is the Jake Johansen's asking price for a transfer likely to see him play SAAFL next year?

I'll wait with baited breath Smile

Can you confirm if Hannath has signed with Centrals or talking with other SANFL teams
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1586
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Lee on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:14 pm

bayman wrote:
eartotheground wrote:No.

Also a fringe western suburbs player shooting off to the seaside?

i just read on snouts that someone had heard Rankine was on his way to the bay......if true i say we need better players than him to climb up the ladder, however i'd happily take his brother

You mean his younger brother, Izak?

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6881
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:29 pm

Big Phil wrote:Byron Sumner training with Sturt...

Did Sumner play with the Eagles this year?
I have a mental blank about him altogether.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2791
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:04 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Byron Sumner training with Sturt...

Did Sumner play with the Eagles this year?
I have a mental blank about him altogether.
Nah, I think he played country footy in the Murraylands, perhaps?

I think it was the year before he played some early games with the Eagles, perhaps?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4239
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:06 pm

mickyj wrote:Can you confirm if Hannath has signed with Centrals or talking with other SANFL teams

To my knowledge, Jack Hannath has yet signed with any club for season 2017 and beyond...

I know he has spoken with CDFC and I do believe at least 2 other SANFL clubs have enquired about his services...
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4239
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:38 pm

Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:Can you confirm if Hannath has signed with Centrals or talking with other SANFL teams

To my knowledge, Jack Hannath has yet signed with any club for season 2017 and beyond...

I know he has spoken with CDFC and I do believe at least 2 other SANFL clubs have enquired about his services...
Hopefully Glenelg has had the foresight to speak with him as obviously we need a couple of big blokes
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6772
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:02 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Byron Sumner training with Sturt...

Did Sumner play with the Eagles this year?
I have a mental blank about him altogether.

No the year before
I had no idea why he left but i read on that other forum chiefs at your club may need to talk to chiefs of my club to find out what his issue was .
i read that dont ask me i missed him playing
i used to chat with his family
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1586
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:02 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Byron Sumner training with Sturt...

Did Sumner play with the Eagles this year?
I have a mental blank about him altogether.

No the year before
I had no idea why he left but i read on that other forum chiefs at your club may need to talk to chiefs of my club to find out what his issue was .
i read that dont ask me i missed him playing
i used to chat with his family
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1586
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:03 am

Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:Can you confirm if Hannath has signed with Centrals or talking with other SANFL teams

To my knowledge, Jack Hannath has yet signed with any club for season 2017 and beyond...

I know he has spoken with CDFC and I do believe at least 2 other SANFL clubs have enquired about his services...

im hearing he is having a meeting maybe for the second time with one club today or tomorrow.

my understanding a former centrals player recommended him to this other SANFL team


Last edited by mickyj on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1586
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:04 am

bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:Can you confirm if Hannath has signed with Centrals or talking with other SANFL teams

To my knowledge, Jack Hannath has yet signed with any club for season 2017 and beyond...

I know he has spoken with CDFC and I do believe at least 2 other SANFL clubs have enquired about his services...
Hopefully Glenelg has had the foresight to speak with him as obviously we need a couple of big blokes

ive only heard of one club not the bays
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1586
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:11 am

I didn't realise he had been out of the mix for 2 seasons.

Although about 4 years old, this article may give some insight about how difficult it is for young blokes to adapt to the various conditions they are thrust into. Even harder for chaps who have similar backgrounds to Byron Sumner.

It would be fair to say that he has been through that ringer and he's still only 25ish. Should be in his playing prime right now. I'm parochial of course, but hopefully he can find his fit at Sturt.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/swan-who-fell-to.../story-fn3o6wog-1226430109833
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2791
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rumour File

Post by Millsie89 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Glenelg have signed ex-Richmond forward Liam McBean
avatar
Millsie89

Join date : 2014-06-26
Posts : 21
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:13 pm

waddayamean wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:Any more info was he delisted by an Adelaide based AFL club
You'll find out soon enough...

Is the Jake Johansen's asking price for a transfer likely to see him play SAAFL next year?

That is a bit harsh . You obviously know so why not say ?

No it's not.

Because I have been asked not to, so I wont, out of respect to this request.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4239
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 pm

eartotheground wrote:No.

Also a fringe western suburbs player shooting off to the seaside?

That was a very good shot, eartotheground.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4239
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum