Rumour File

Post new topic   

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:07 pm

Josh Glenn training with Norwood.

Central standing firm on the transfer fee.

Will be interesting to see whether he plays for them?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4328
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by southern bulldog on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:45 pm

Really hope we stick to our guns on transfer fee and get as much for him as we can
avatar
southern bulldog

Join date : 2015-10-17
Posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Big Phil wrote:Josh Glenn training with Norwood.

Central standing firm on the transfer fee.

Will be interesting to see whether he plays for them?

I’m not the boy crying “WOLF” but I’m pretty sure at their most recent agm Norwood received a substantial monetary gift, so perhaps some of this can be used to pay the transfer fee
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7173
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by rocket_rooster on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:15 am

bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Josh Glenn training with Norwood.

Central standing firm on the transfer fee.

Will be interesting to see whether he plays for them?

I’m not the boy crying “WOLF” but I’m pretty sure at their most recent agm Norwood received a substantial monetary gift, so perhaps some of this can be used to pay the transfer fee

But wasn't that gift a donation towards their $5 million dollar development that they are building.
avatar
rocket_rooster

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:14 pm

Well if some of it fell of the table it could be spent on something else
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7173
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Scrunch on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:27 pm

The club hasn't needed donations to previously meet Transfer Fee requirements so I have no idea why this would be any different.
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1464

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by southern bulldog on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:17 pm

Must have run out of brown paper bags
avatar
southern bulldog

Join date : 2015-10-17
Posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by blacky on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Big table most probably found it under the table
avatar
blacky

Join date : 2011-12-23
Posts : 313
Location : Where there is a good beer
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Scrunch on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:00 am

southern bulldog wrote:Must have run out of brown paper bags

Seems you never run out of Salt
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1464

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:33 am

I wonder what the expenditure of each club is on brown paper bags?
Some clubs must order more pies than others.

Very Happy
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2904
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:44 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I wonder what the expenditure of each club is on brown paper bags?
Some clubs  must order more pies than others.

Very Happy

Just using your post Chambo not having a dig
Surely a lot of these posts are jokes
Mind you it's nice for a change its not about the Eagles that's a nice change
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1947
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by goddy11 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:03 am

mickyj wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I wonder what the expenditure of each club is on brown paper bags?
Some clubs  must order more pies than others.

Very Happy

Just using your post Chambo not having a dig
Surely a lot of these posts are jokes
Mind you it's nice for a change its not about the Eagles that's a nice change

Not sure about that Mickeyj. Wundke was paid in pies(stuffed) as some have said. Very Happy
avatar
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 194
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:22 am

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I wonder what the expenditure of each club is on brown paper bags?
Some clubs  must order more pies than others.

Very Happy

Just using your post Chambo not having a dig
Surely a lot of these posts are jokes
Mind you it's nice for a change its not about the Eagles that's a nice change

Not sure about that Mickeyj. Wundke was paid in pies(stuffed) as some have said. Very Happy
Lol true and he's coaching staff now oh god the pies are in trouble lol
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1947
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:54 am

Do Vilis sponsor the Eagles MJ?
If not probably a wise business decision to get them on board.

I'd forgotten about Wundke.

The problem down at Unley is that the pies are all soggy and served in plastic.

Anyway, all in jest.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2904
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:05 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Do Vilis sponsor the Eagles MJ?
If not probably a wise business decision to get them on board.

I'd forgotten about Wundke.

The problem down at Unley is that the pies are all soggy and served in plastic.

Anyway, all in jest.

Lol yes they do I don't eat pies but they are served at oval Ave
For me I prefer a subway wrap
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1947
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by eartotheground on Sat May 26, 2018 8:17 am

Is a football media stalwart on the move from current role?
avatar
eartotheground

Join date : 2012-06-22
Posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Sun May 27, 2018 7:59 am

eartotheground wrote:Is a football media stalwart on the move from current role?
Doug Oakley?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4328
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Flag No.10 on Sun May 27, 2018 8:25 am

To a role where he actually talks about football?

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 2090
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Sun May 27, 2018 9:37 am

Flag No.10 wrote:To a role where he actually talks about football?


That’s a bit harsh, you have to remember he’s broadcasting to a radio audience & therefore paints a picture, the picture includes backgrounds of players & so forth...I quite enjoy his style & I must add it’s great to hear “the voice of the sanfl” back behind the microphone, welcome back CK
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7173
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Flag No.10 on Sun May 27, 2018 3:08 pm

He paints pictures of things that have nothing to do with the game while it's in progress.

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 2090
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Sun May 27, 2018 8:18 pm

well turn the radio off & just look at live scores or the like...or perhaps send your thoughts to the radio station & at the same time offer your services Wink
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7173
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Flag No.10 on Sun May 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Or maybe I'll just keep hoping that people whose job is to call the football, call the football. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation. You seem to be implying that I shouldn't criticise a commentator unless I offer to do their job.

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 2090
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Sun May 27, 2018 11:06 pm

The way I look at it is I couldn’t commentate on football very well so I wouldn’t be criticising anyone who does, if I thought I was better at what I was hearing I would put my hand up to do it rather than just being critical, that’s just my take on a situation like this, not saying I’m right just saying what I would do
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7173
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Lee on Mon May 28, 2018 6:02 am

I think all commentators would take constructive criticism on board happily.

If they're on the radio, they have an obligation to call the game so the listener knows what is happening. That's the whole point of radio.

avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7017
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Lee on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Did one team start the last quarter with an extra man?
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7017
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Back to top


Post new topic   
 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum