Rumour File

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Sturt did something similar this year, I think.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4179
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Big Phil wrote:Sturt did something similar this year, I think.

yep, i had a text message a bit earlier saying that, but she wouldn't join up & post


could this be a trend started by these two clubs ?
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6536
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 am

bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Sturt did something similar this year, I think.

yep, i had a text message a bit earlier saying that, but she wouldn't join up & post


could this be a trend  started by these two clubs ?

There was talk on the other footy forum that the Eagles had lost it hiring yes men for Godden and no seconds coach . A so called disgruntled eagles fan .
I thought it was interesting the new guy recruited Big PHIL may fill us in with more premiership player for the dogs .
And seeing a member of the under 18s coaching team is the crows female coach can't see any issue with Watkins coaching .
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1439
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:56 pm

are we losing a tv commentator to the racing game & getting him replaced with a racing commentator ?
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6536
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by columbo on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:05 pm

bayman wrote:are we losing a tv commentator to the racing game & getting him replaced with a racing commentator ?

According to his Twitter posts I'd say the first bit is fact.
avatar
columbo

Join date : 2012-01-31
Posts : 47
Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:08 pm

columbo wrote:
bayman wrote:are we losing a tv commentator to the racing game & getting him replaced with a racing commentator ?

According to his Twitter posts I'd say the first bit is fact.
Correct.

John Casey has accepted a role with Racing.com and will head up their new Racing coverage.

I think this weekend will be the last call for Case, then Brenton Yates is supposed to be taking over.

A shame former ABC TV guys like Chris Kendall and Michael Maney not getting an opportunity to call on Seven.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4179
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Big Phil wrote:
columbo wrote:
bayman wrote:are we losing a tv commentator to the racing game & getting him replaced with a racing commentator ?

According to his Twitter posts I'd say the first bit is fact.
Correct.

John Casey has accepted a role with Racing.com and will head up their new Racing coverage.

I think this weekend will be the last call for Case, then Brenton Yates is supposed to be taking over.

A shame former ABC TV guys like Chris Kendall and Michael Maney not getting an opportunity to call on Seven.

correct Brenton taking over the role that John had & John heading to Racing.com, good luck to both men in their new ventures, not sure Michael Maney could do it given that he works for the ABC but both excellent & insightful commentators, in fact all four named are just that
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6536
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:32 pm

bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
columbo wrote:
bayman wrote:are we losing a tv commentator to the racing game & getting him replaced with a racing commentator ?

According to his Twitter posts I'd say the first bit is fact.
Correct.

John Casey has accepted a role with Racing.com and will head up their new Racing coverage.

I think this weekend will be the last call for Case, then Brenton Yates is supposed to be taking over.

A shame former ABC TV guys like Chris Kendall and Michael Maney not getting an opportunity to call on Seven.

correct Brenton taking over the role that John had & John heading to Racing.com, good luck to both men in their new ventures, not sure Michael Maney could do it given that he works for the ABC but both excellent & insightful commentators, in fact all four named are just that

I think Michael is just a contractor of ABC Radio, so I would assume could have done the job, if offered.

Brenton has called a bit of SANFL in recent seasons, so will be good on their coverage.

Will be a shame to see John go, but great opportunity for him to get back into racing.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4179
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:44 pm

Anyone remember the name of that handy galloper John part owned some 20 plus years ago ?

Something tells me it was a grey but not sure why
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6536
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by First 21 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:02 pm

A new recruit this year has told his new club he is out at the end of the year due to the crap that goes on at the club he plays for ? Some not happy players either apparently.
avatar
First 21

Join date : 2017-07-17
Posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:53 pm

First 21 wrote:A new recruit this year has told his new club he is out at the end of the year due to the crap that goes on at the club he plays for ? Some not happy players either apparently.

Big name recruit?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4179
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum