Rumour File

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:13 am

Big Phil wrote:Let it play out, mickyj...

Don't stress yourself over all the hearsay...

It is this time of year and called the silly season for a reason...

yeah its played out

he was spoken to by the Eagles

i have been told who will ruck with Bomber i think if its correct 2017 will not be a long year if im over all my head injuries fishing might start in september .
Cause the Eagles are not saying much clueless on CHF but ive neard who is being the second ruck and of course no idea of rucks in the seconds
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1355
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:15 am

Big Phil wrote:Jake Johansen will play for Salisbury North this year, so I am told, as a result of the above.

Was talking to the Eagles, but asking price way overs, by all reports.


Waste of a talent playing SAAFL, just too much of a hot head.

he was mentioned on the Eagles nest
just who have the eagles brought in if anyone other than stewart thats the waiting game for me
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1355
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by UncleHuey on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Big Phil wrote:Jake Johansen will play for Salisbury North this year, so I am told, as a result of the above.

Was talking to the Eagles, but asking price way overs, by all reports.


Waste of a talent playing SAAFL, just too much of a hot head.

Totally agree. It is a pity it has ended up as it has as he has talent, but he is not going to advance his career playing for Salisbury North.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 945
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by BloodnTars on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:32 pm

Tyson Lever looks to be now going to play for the crows reserves not Norwood now. Reckon **** could really hit the fan here.
avatar
BloodnTars

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 893
Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Flag No.10 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:43 pm

BloodnTars wrote:Tyson Lever looks to be now going to play for the crows reserves not Norwood now. Reckon **** could really hit the fan here.

If he signed with Norwood then surely the only way he could play for anyone else is if Norwood releases him from his contract.

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 1898
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Scrunch on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:29 pm

As I understand it there was a recently added rule that allows the 2 local AFL clubs to take 2 interstate underage players each year, and Lever fits under these new rules.

Apparently also Port and Crows can field no more than 15 listed players in any finals game, but it's still open slather during the minor round.
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1303

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by eartotheground on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Scrunch wrote:Apparently also Port and Crows can field no more than 15 listed players in any finals game, but it's still open slather during the minor round.

Add 2 to that?
avatar
eartotheground

Join date : 2012-06-22
Posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Looks like there will be a major sponsor announcement from the SANFL tomorrow, along with some elements of the draw released...

I'd suspect the draw itself might be released this weekend or next?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4149
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Flag No.10 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Scrunch wrote:As I understand it there was a recently added rule that allows the 2 local AFL clubs to take 2 interstate underage players each year, and Lever fits under these new rules.


But surely that new rule can't apply to an already contracted player. That's insane.

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 1898
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Bundy on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:39 am

No that's the afl for you.
avatar
Bundy

Join date : 2011-12-18
Posts : 325
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by eartotheground on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Interesting word floating around about some fomer SANFL broadcasters and some current ones discussing a possible new broadcast project.
avatar
eartotheground

Join date : 2012-06-22
Posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by UncleHuey on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:
Scrunch wrote:As I understand it there was a recently added rule that allows the 2 local AFL clubs to take 2 interstate underage players each year, and Lever fits under these new rules.


But surely that new rule can't apply to an already contracted player. That's insane.

Totally agree. Surely they cant just take a contracted player because they feel like it.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 945
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by goddy11 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:12 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:
Scrunch wrote:As I understand it there was a recently added rule that allows the 2 local AFL clubs to take 2 interstate underage players each year, and Lever fits under these new rules.


But surely that new rule can't apply to an already contracted player. That's insane.

Totally agree. Surely they cant just take a contracted player because they feel like it.

What does interstate underage players actually mean. Under 18?
avatar
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 101
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by UncleHuey on Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:56 pm

goddy11 wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:
Scrunch wrote:As I understand it there was a recently added rule that allows the 2 local AFL clubs to take 2 interstate underage players each year, and Lever fits under these new rules.


But surely that new rule can't apply to an already contracted player. That's insane.

Totally agree. Surely they cant just take a contracted player because they feel like it.

What does interstate underage players actually mean. Under 18?

I presume so. But the issue surely is taking a contracted player from another SANFL club without compensation.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 945
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Scrunch on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Apparently Lever wasn't signed by Norwood - was training with them and seemed a fair accompli a contract would follow, but not now.
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1303

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by goddy11 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Scrunch wrote:Apparently Lever wasn't signed by Norwood - was training with them and seemed a fair accompli a contract would follow, but not now.

I am ignorant of the amount but is there not a cap on how much the 2 AFL sides can pay top up players? I would have thought what Norwood was offering would exceed that the Crows pay. They must have found away around it somehow.
Port have a couple on their book eg Summerton, Reynolds that would be on a bigger pay cheque at SANFL clubs.
avatar
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 101
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by UncleHuey on Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:53 pm

Perhaps the lure of a "play with us and you will get rookie listed next year" sort of promise is stronger then a few hundred dollars a year. I think it would be for an U18 trying to crack the big league.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 945
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:52 pm

waddayamean wrote:I would have thought the AFL clubs are more professional than that .

Not picking on Port Adelaide but the professional club 2016 the SANFL side playing South down Noarlunga oval.
Then playing later in the AFL .
They tell Port fans dont go to the SANFL match go to the club watch it on the big screen then watch the AFL side play.

If they were really professional would they tell fans stay away from the SANFL game

just asking
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1355
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by eartotheground on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:10 pm

Some interesting discussion regarding media coverage of the female competition and how it will be broadcast as well as who may be involved.
avatar
eartotheground

Join date : 2012-06-22
Posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by Big Phil on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:54 pm

I think Cam O'Shea was one the Eagles were strongly linked to but he recently signed with the Northern Blues in the VFL competition.
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4149
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by mickyj on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Big Phil wrote:I think Cam O'Shea was one the Eagles were strongly linked to but he recently signed with the Northern Blues in the VFL competition.

hadnt heard that one BIGPHIL

that wasnt a name mentioned by gods in his members night speech

all i know two ruck men trying out one from over the border one from basketball

and a back man large guy CHB type
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1355
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by scott on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:23 pm

eartotheground wrote:Some interesting discussion regarding media coverage of the female competition and how it will be broadcast as well as who may be involved.
That's all well and good, but 43 days out from the competition beginning and the fixture still hasn't been released.
avatar
scott

Join date : 2012-07-15
Posts : 201
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by bayman on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:26 am

scott wrote:
eartotheground wrote:Some interesting discussion regarding media coverage of the female competition and how it will be broadcast as well as who may be involved.
That's all well and good, but 43 days out from the competition beginning and the fixture still hasn't been released.

Yes it has, I'm on my phone otherwise i'd copy & paste it for you
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6359
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumour File

Post by scott on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:33 am

Is it public?
avatar
scott

Join date : 2012-07-15
Posts : 201
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum