Prizemoney boost for Adelaide Carnival

Go down

Prizemoney boost for Adelaide Carnival Empty Prizemoney boost for Adelaide Carnival

Post by testy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:01 pm

What are your thoughts ?

Two races during the carnival will have prize money break through the million dollar barrier as well as the SA Derby rising to $600,000 while 30 races across the carnival and the preceding 3 weeks will receive a prize money boost.
This includes 14 non-feature races, with all races over the period now having $100,000 minimum purse.
This is a commitment for the next 2 years from the state government.

I am still not sure whether the desired effect will actually come true.
Our carnival is held in May, Victoria and NSW race for $100,000 every Saturday so to me the attraction may not work.
All group one gallopers are spelling at that time of the year with nothing else on the owners minds but the mega bucks available during the spring racing carnival in Victoria.
The 2 million dollar races planned here may only attract 2nd tier horses from interstate.
I am sure they will get bigger fields but am not sure whether they will be of a better standard.

testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Prizemoney boost for Adelaide Carnival Empty Re: Prizemoney boost for Adelaide Carnival

Post by bayman on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:16 pm

what it may & probably will do is entice owners to buy horses or send horses to Adelaide & if better horses come the standard lifts.....mind you they'd need jockeys who can steer straight
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Prizemoney boost for Adelaide Carnival Empty Re: Prizemoney boost for Adelaide Carnival

Post by The Emperor on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:17 am

There are horses in the past that have used our carnival in May as a guide towards spring races.
The SAJC were silly to move from May due to a weather event and the move to mad march hasn't been a success.
I think the money should have been put into races specific to SA Bred/owned???
To stop the interstate raiders....

The other concerning part is it's for 2yrs....What happens after???

Bit of a fall from grace by the jockey who lost his compass, not long ago he was dominating here....
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum