Adelaide - 2016 Finals Campaign

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adelaide - 2016 Finals Campaign

Post by bayman on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:04 pm

stats are good to discuss but as we all know it is on the day/night that matters
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:44 pm

rumour of a ''late withdrawl'' tonight in comes Andy ''the sook'' Otten & a big out in Kyle Cheney

i'll stress it is a rumour but the guy or girl who told me should know
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:27 pm

there is a god
go the swanys
blacky

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:40 pm

bayman wrote:rumour of a ''late withdrawl'' tonight in comes Andy ''the sook'' Otten & a big out in Kyle Cheney

i'll stress it is a rumour but the guy or girl who told me should know

Should, but didn't  Bayman. Cool

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:50 pm

When I see you I'll tell you who told me, anyway they lost so that's great in my book, I watched most of the game apart from walking outside to watch races & I thought Sydney were more desperate, harder & their skills were a lot better than Adelaide, I presume having a reserves team helped them being poor rather than terrible tonight
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Well, a really disappointing end to what was a fantastic season for the AFC.

While Sydney had the better of it in the first term, I actually thought Adelaide played very well in the 2nd & 3rd quarters, and had enough opportunities to potentially be even on the scoreboard by 3 quarter time. In the end though the skills, execution and decision making just weren't up to scratch and chances weren't taken, and that's all she wrote for another year.
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:47 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Well, a really disappointing end to what was a fantastic season for the AFC.

While Sydney had the better of it in the first term, I actually thought Adelaide played very well in the 2nd & 3rd quarters, and had enough opportunities to potentially be even on the scoreboard by 3 quarter time. In the end though the skills, execution and decision making just weren't up to scratch and chances weren't taken, and that's all she wrote for another year.

Disposals were woeful most of the game, mostly due to Sydney's pressure. Never allowed Adelaide free space to get the outside run and Sydney kept defenders home which stopped the over the back goals hat Adelaide have got most of the year. Given the SCG is so short that was always going to be an issue as there isn't the space to lead into. Thought Adelaide won the third quarter but poor kicking cost them badly, they should have been within a goal at the last break. Once Sydney kicked a couple of quick goals in the last it was all over.
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:10 pm

The night was best summed up for me by Rory Atkins running into goal in the 2nd term, had time and space to launch a shot on goal with that fantastic left boot of his from about 45m out on the run, and instead chose to hang onto the footy and ran himself into trouble.
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Disappointing loss.  You can't give good sides that sort of head start on their home deck.

Big picture though, and really proud of the team's effort this season.  Yes, there are areas to improve on (as there always is), but I'm optimistic of the direction the club is going, with plenty of upside in the list we have at the moment.  Good to see the club identify the midfield as an area for improvement, hopefully we can do some quality shopping in the trade period to bolster that area.

On a side note, the SCG is quite a quirky stadium (besides the woeful PT options to get to the ground). I had row H in the Brewongle Stand, which somehow was the 4th row from the fence (the rows went A, B, C, H - go figure)

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:13 pm

People talk about the SCG being beautiful, but I reckon it's bloody ugly.

Agree with you about being proud of their efforts and what looks to be a good future ahead. Surprised at the amount of Crows fans calling for major list changes etc, I personally think our list is in a great place.

I think we have good leaders in the right places (Fagan, Chapman, Roo and Pyke in the coaches box of course) and hopefully we can have some stability for the next few years.

Has been interesting how openly Adelaide have declared that their hunting for a mid hasn't it? Perhaps they have something/one in the pipeline? Adelaide would be an attractive destination at the moment IMO.
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum