The Future

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Future

Post by blueandwhite on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:19 pm

William wrote:Surely there would be other clubs that people would question the future of before the Eagles  seems strange what about South a couple of weeks ago with 900 people turning up to a game? is there long term future at noarlunga?  

No theres not..we should shift to Parndana. Mad
yep, keep moving further South every few years which is what we've been doing since 1900, to make room for other teams.
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:08 pm

Lee wrote:We need all clubs to survive.

absolutely spot on...............the franchises on the other hand is a different story Wink
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:09 pm

Here is one question I would love people's thoughts on.

How does the SANFL and it's clubs generate new supporters that will sustain the competition for years to come?
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:30 pm

PhilH wrote:

How does the SANFL and it's clubs generate new supporters that will sustain the competition for years to come?

i'll find you tomorrow & give you are few ideas/thoughts, too long to type right now, however i'll give you one right now & it costs NOTHING & i was fortunate to be invited & allowed to bring my lad as a 5 year old & up to a few years ago in to the rooms after matches, (he had a fixation about club songs was always on the net playing them) the players as would be at every club were great with him & the other kids in the rooms, he's now past that stage, now he helps out when needed by umpiring the mini league or blowing the mini league siren when someone doesn't turn up or they haven't got someone, he now has the same passion for Glenelg as i do & NO its not because i took him to the footy most weeks its because he felt special by having interaction with the players................so why not invite kids into the rooms to hear the song & see & have a chat to the players after a win, perhaps not a good idea after a loss though !!!! & as i said it costs nothing...............what they'll do is tell their mates at school & up the street etc & more kids will want to have a look..........we wont get the 20-30 year olds but we may manage to snare the now 5-10 year olds, as for logistics of it, go through local clubs &/or schools

as i said it is too much to type & i'll catch up with you tomorrow
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:44 pm

bayman wrote:
Lee wrote:We need all clubs to survive.

absolutely spot on...............the franchises on the other hand is a different story Wink

I have found out at Eagles games many of the faithful have decided to not be members due to the afl clubs and will not attend games due to the afl sides
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Bundy on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:39 am

Why do all SANFL teams have to have a salary cap but the AWFL res don't have the salary cap in our comp.It's an uneven comp with 2 different salary caps.
Bundy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:29 am

waddayamean wrote:
PhilH wrote:

Its media exposure firstly. How did the AFL become a giant ? Media. Listen to how it's commentated and promoted. Atmosphere at  some SANFL games is terrible so kids won''t be attracted to that. Compare a TV game of AFL & SANFL. Which one looks and sounds more exciting and enticing ?
Ticket prices down to $10.
Home finals will improve the look on TV and live.

TV adds promoting the games.( got to spend money to make money)
Change the programmimg so our GF is a week after the AFL.

Sorry your living in the clouds will not happen 
the SANFL is run by a former liberal premier seeing he is the boss nothing will change 
channel 7 show games like port v crows they think it gets a bigger viewing audience 
what you are saying had been promoted years ago and pushed under the carpet 
won't happen 
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:00 pm

bayman wrote:
PhilH wrote:

i'll find you tomorrow & give you are few ideas/thoughts, too long to type right now, however i'll give you one right now & it costs NOTHING & i was fortunate to be invited & allowed to bring my lad as a 5 year old & up to a few years ago in to the rooms after matches, (he had a fixation about club songs was always on the net playing them) the players as would be at every club were great with him & the other kids in the rooms, he's now past that stage, now he helps out when needed by umpiring the mini league or blowing the mini league siren when someone doesn't turn up or they haven't got someone, he now has the same passion for Glenelg as i do & NO its not because i took him to the footy most weeks its because he felt special by having interaction with the players................so why not invite kids into the rooms to hear the song & see & have a chat to the players after a win, perhaps not a good idea after a loss though !!!! & as i said it costs nothing...............what they'll do is tell their mates at school & up the street etc & more kids will want to have a look..........we wont get the 20-30 year olds but we may manage to snare the now 5-10 year olds, as for logistics of it, go through local clubs &/or schools

Very good idea. I would have been over the moon if I had the chance to do that as a kid.
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum