Round 18: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 30 July 2016 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Round 18: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 30 July 2016 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:54 pm

Not sure about favs Micky.

I am not surprised about the pies call.
I haven't seen Wundke for some time, but he is a very big unit now. You're right, we didn't have the size to match up on all 3 of your big blokes. Certainly didn't help when Evans went off with a knee.

But the Eagles played the conditions superbly and were much much cleaner in their use of the ball and had a much higher workrate.

I didn't think the blue boys were prepared to work hard enough off the ball at either end. Forwards and mids didn't lead up to present when we had it. And the defenders didn't work back hard enough when we didn't.

Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 18: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 30 July 2016 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:42 pm

i wasn't happy with the barbie yesterday !!!
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:39 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Not sure about favs Micky.

I am not surprised about the pies call.
I haven't seen Wundke for some time, but he is a very big unit now. You're right, we didn't have the size to match up on all 3 of your big blokes. Certainly didn't help when Evans went off with a knee.

But the Eagles played the conditions superbly and were much much cleaner in their use of the ball and had a much higher workrate.

I didn't think the blue boys were prepared to work hard enough off the ball at either end. Forwards and mids didn't lead up to present when we had it. And the defenders didn't work back hard enough when we didn't.

I asked on another forum about your two players carried off one in the seconds one in the league 
thanks for the answer I hope he is ok and the seconds player as well 

Eagles had two injuries in the last Lewis and hall 

mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:41 pm

bayman wrote:i wasn't happy with the barbie yesterday !!!

only because it was that good i went back 4 times
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:27 pm

waddayamean wrote:Disappointing crowd for top v second . Predictable result though and the Eagles will be the hottest favorite for the flag in many many years.
Why was the result predictable?

Would have thought top v second wouldn't have a predictable result?

Agree that it is the Eagles flag to lose, again.
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Woodville's BBQ is down with Noarlunga's as one of the more ordinary ones in the league.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:15 pm

Brucetiki wrote:

Woodville's BBQ is down with Noarlunga's as one of the more ordinary ones in the league.

I was actually being a little sarcastic as yesterday it was brilliant, so much so I went back four times for four steak sandwiches
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:17 am

waddayamean wrote:Disappointing crowd for top v second . Predictable result though and the Eagles will be the hottest favorite for the flag in many many years.

According to the bookmakers Sturt were favourites for Saturday game 
Your on about the crowd again perhaps you should ask Sturt why fans went missing after half time . They took over the entire grass mound next to the fox grandstand .
But numbers got smaller and smaller after half time .

Sorry you seem to have an issue with Eagles crowds 
I haven't looked at the port v Adelaide game that crowd was very small I'll go look see if you've posted there .
Otherwise accept the Eagles have a small base .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:20 am

bayman wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:

I was actually being a little sarcastic as yesterday it was brilliant, so much so I went back four times for four steak sandwiches

..they were saving those for Wundke! Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:29 am

mickyj wrote:

Your on about the crowd again perhaps you should ask Sturt why fans went missing after half time . They took over the entire grass mound next to the fox grandstand .

I haven't looked at the port v Adelaide game that crowd was very small I'll go look see if you've posted there .

I stayed there getting wet Micky.

One thing I also noticed was just how many Sturt boys were slipping over. Not the case with the Eagles.
I rate Woodville as the second best surface in the sanfl. It certainly wasn't boggy nor waterlogged.
Even Jack Halbert who was standing in front of me, was going troppo because of it.

The only real highlight of the day, was saying gidday again to the great Jumbo Prince who remembered us from a few years ago.
He's looking lighter these days than his playing weight on debut 45-odd years ago.
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:40 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
mickyj wrote:

I haven't looked at the port

v Adelaide game that crowd was very small I'll go look see if you've posted there .

I stayed there getting wet Micky.

One thing I also noticed was just how many Sturt boys were slipping over. Not the case with the Eagles.
I rate Woodville as the second best surface in the sanfl. It certainly wasn't boggy nor waterlogged.
Even Jack Halbert who was standing in front of me, was going troppo because of it.

The only real highlight of the day, was saying gidday again to the great Jumbo Prince who remembered us from a few years ago.
He's looking lighter these days than his playing weight on debut 45-odd years ago.
I think there was something on in the Eagles function centre 
I stayed and used my umbrella kids don't want me in the grandstand after my injury they are worried 
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:22 pm

How did Jarrod Leinert play?

Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
bayman wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:

..they were saving those for Wundke! Very Happy

i'm a slow old hack, however if a bookmaker makes a mistake or there is food up for grabs then i'd beat Usain Bolt over the first 6 metres
bayman

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum