Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:28 am

Scrappy wrote:
waddayamean wrote:
Lee wrote:I find Scrappy's posts very interesting.

Keen eye for numbers.

Or is what because I posted the comment . Makes no sense at all, just random numbers with some meaning would be good.
Point taken Lee.

Both games decided by 6 points
Both sides identical points scored for the sum of both games
Regards
Scrap_Check

I like 'em Scrappy, keep them coming.
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2656
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by UncleHuey on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Scrappy wrote:
waddayamean wrote:
Lee wrote:I find Scrappy's posts very interesting.

Keen eye for numbers.

Or is what because I posted the comment . Makes no sense at all, just random numbers with some meaning would be good.
Point taken Lee.

Both games decided by 6 points
Both sides identical points scored for the sum of both games
Regards
Scrap_Check

I like 'em Scrappy, keep them coming.

Me too!

Johnston did seemed uninterested, although conditions yesterday were woeful for leading forwards. In the first quarter I think 4 kicks in a row went OOB on the eastern wing as players misjudged the strength of the breeze.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 912
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Scrunch on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Mitchell only left a few weeks ago, got permission from the governing body to move clubs, even though it was post July 1. A very popular bloke at the Parade by all accounts. A previous post referred to the Bay's having a good amount of upside. I've thought that for a while and still do - they have a good crack and their belief should be growing. A decent recruiting period and good pre-season and they'll enter 2017 with plenty of hope.
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1288

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:06 am

forget free kicks because we could go through the whole game & pick out the wrong or missed out ones, it happens in every single match, Norwood blew it themselves, after a great second quarter into the 4-6 goal breeze, they outscored us by one point & had a 17 point lead at the main break THEN they only kicked 2.5 with the use of the strong breeze & won the quarter by 8 points & led by 25 points at ''lemon time'' HAD THEY kicked straight then none of the other stuff would be relevant or even discussed
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6290
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:15 am

copied this off the sanfl site, the figures might show the 7 network that people would rather watch traditional teams clash rather than the franchised reserves teams playing.......


SANFL Retweeted
John Casey @JohnCasey2880
Thrilling goal-on-the-siren finish draws >60,000 viewers to @Ch7Adelaide - 2nd highest @SANFL ratings this year https://twitter.com/7SANFL/status/757103893947961344


avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6290
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Scrappy on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:04 pm

bayman wrote:forget free kicks because we could go through the whole game & pick out the wrong or missed out ones, it happens in every single match, Norwood blew it themselves, after a great second quarter into the 4-6 goal breeze, they outscored us by one point & had a 17 point lead at the main break THEN they only kicked 2.5 with the use of the strong breeze & won the quarter by 8 points & led by 25 points at ''lemon time'' HAD THEY kicked straight then none of the other stuff would be relevant or even discussed

Some valid points on why Norwood did or didnt win
But you cannot totally dismiss umpiring decisions not making an impact on games
I only saw the 2nd half
4 of the last 6 goals were scored directly or indirectly as a result of umpiring adjudications
Thats at least 4 of the 19 total match goals

Last century very very late in a game at the parade NW V GL
I saw Graham Cornes take an amazing pack mark
He goaled
Sunday I saw Jaryd Cachia get pinged for a dubious HTB
I saw Willie Rioli get THAT free kick
He goaled

Those 2 examples suggest to me that players and umpires can impact on a result
Another example is the 1978 SANFL Grand Final ....
avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3152

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by rocket_rooster on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Scrappy wrote:
bayman wrote:forget free kicks because we could go through the whole game & pick out the wrong or missed out ones, it happens in every single match, Norwood blew it themselves, after a great second quarter into the 4-6 goal breeze, they outscored us by one point & had a 17 point lead at the main break THEN they only kicked 2.5 with the use of the strong breeze & won the quarter by 8 points & led by 25 points at ''lemon time'' HAD THEY kicked straight then none of the other stuff would be relevant or even discussed

Some valid points on why Norwood did or didnt win
But you cannot totally dismiss umpiring decisions not making an impact on games
I only saw the 2nd half
4 of the last 6 goals were scored directly or indirectly as a result of umpiring adjudications
Thats at least 4 of the 19 total match goals

Last century very very late in a game at the parade NW V GL
I saw Graham Cornes take an amazing pack mark
He goaled
Sunday I saw Jaryd Cachia get pinged for a dubious HTB
I saw Willie Rioli get THAT free kick
He goaled

Those 2 examples suggest to me that players and umpires can impact on a result
Another example is the 1978 SANFL Grand Final ....

As recently as two weeks ago umpiring mistakes in the last 2 minutes may have influenced the result of the North vs Eagles games. Two potential holding the ball decisions both within 10 metres of Norths attacking goal, certainly more likely candidates than the one paid on Sunday, were not paid as well as a monumental blunder by the boundary umpire. The commentators on the live stream thought that they should have been holding the ball.
At best North would have drawn the game which would not have affected their standing because they have a much superior percentage to Norwood and West but you do expect umpires to get decisions right in the last quarter.
I stand corrected but I have been told that the umpire who failed to pay the holding the ball decisions at Prospect was the same umpire who paid the dubious one at Glenelg.
avatar
rocket_rooster

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum