I will post it as we have seen it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: I will post it as we have seen it

Post by bayman on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:27 pm

some of it sounds good, some of it is questionable......that Olsen might make a politician one day
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:31 am

HOLD the two AFL reserves teams from Port Adelaide and the Crows. “That is not negotiable - we have deal with the AFL clubs and they will be there for the next 10 years,” Olsen said. “The SANFL competition is better with them in - that is my strong view.”

I don't like that part.
firstblood

My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:01 pm

firstblood wrote:
HOLD the two AFL reserves teams from Port Adelaide and the Crows. “That is not negotiable - we have deal with the AFL clubs and they will be there for the next 10 years,” Olsen said. “The SANFL competition is better with them in - that is my strong view.”

I don't like that part.

‘We are in this together’,” Olsen told The Advertiser.
I don't like that part
Bundy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee on Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:09 pm

Basically, here's some more money for you.....shut up and keep quiet!
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:13 am

Part of a culture issue emerging at the league. Some clubs and officials very aggrieved feeling their concerns are simply ignored in favour of keeping the AFL happy at most costs. Not that long ago, the 9 clubs (at the time) were seen as a major priority for the league. It filters right down the line to many who give their time to clubs/league etc. A strategic plan for exactly where the league will be by 2027 would be very interesting, if the thoughts of where some clubs think it will be, compared to where some prominent league officials think it will be. The imminent end of the free to air television deal will be a major point for the league to consider.
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:59 am

eartotheground wrote:Part of a culture issue emerging at the league. Some clubs and officials very aggrieved feeling their concerns are simply ignored in favour of keeping the AFL happy at most costs. Not that long ago, the 9 clubs (at the time) were seen as a major priority for the league. It filters right down the line to many who give their time to clubs/league etc. A strategic plan for exactly where the league will be by 2027 would be very interesting, if the thoughts of where some clubs think it will be, compared to where some prominent league officials think it will be. The imminent end of the free to air television deal will be a major point for the league to consider.

I don't think losing television is a major problem. It costs the SANFL money to keep people at home and not go to live matches. I like to record matches where my team play and watch them later. That about my interest.
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:40 pm

eartotheground wrote:Part of a culture issue emerging at the league. Some clubs and officials very aggrieved feeling their concerns are simply ignored in favour of keeping the AFL happy at most costs. Not that long ago, the 9 clubs (at the time) were seen as a major priority for the league. It filters right down the line to many who give their time to clubs/league etc. A strategic plan for exactly where the league will be by 2027 would be very interesting, if the thoughts of where some clubs think it will be, compared to where some prominent league officials think it will be. The imminent end of the free to air television deal will be a major point for the league to consider.

the SANFL is heading & heading very quickly into just another feeder competition & no different to the u/18 competition in Victoria, is is the ''Taccy cup'' or something like that ? as for the tv well i've only ever watched it when they've replayed it on Tuesday nights when i've been awake, forget the money that goes to the tv & save it, then reduce admission costs to the people who actually support the SANFL & heaven forbid people may turn up again as it would be more affordable, then again perhaps that is what they want............unless changes are made by that 2027 stated, the SANFL will be like Shield cricket, you check the scores but no one barely goes & it'll be free to get in then, just like shield cricket, which ironically is the ''second tier competition'' in cricket
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:35 pm

I think this is my observation too.
I have seen little evidence of any strategic thinking over the journey.
It almost feels like there is a more fatalistic attitude within the sanfl commission along the lines of "what is the point when when we just respond to afl actions / wishes".

Olsen's comments might even alienate clubs even more.
It is fine to say clubs should have more professional boards and look at revenue among other things from a more business like perspective.
But the clubs find themselves largely in a dictated to position anyway and having to react to the agenda of others.

The extra cash is a fine short term help, but clubs can't rely on that happening consistently.

Maybe there would be less whinging if people could see more leadership and direction.
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by William on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:48 pm

With regards to clubs saving money, would it be worth looking in to double headers again? I know there are certain restrictions on club rooms but if these could be worked around it may save the clubs money and attract crowds for example a twilight/night double header at norwood could be an option?
William

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Let the record state that waddaymean & I agree on this one. Shocked

Same with ANZAC Day and the state game.

These would be big events for a hosting club and the chance to raise some extra money.

I just cant see how is is financially beneficial to hold at Adelaide Oval with some many paid staff required.
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum