Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Eagles (3rd 7-2 59.09%) v South (2nd 8-2 54.50%)
Saturday 25 June
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Both the Eagles and South are coming off big wins. Who will come away with a big win this week?

_________________
the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston
avatar
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2632
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:46 pm

i wish this was the Sunday game so i could attend, this is a possible ''grand final preview'' i'll tip the Eagles' by a few points & only because it is at Woodville
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6657
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:49 am

Im hoping the Eagles win its a home game last encounter was at noarlunga which wasnt great for the eagles
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Scrunch on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:47 am

Eagles by 19 points
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1340

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Southee on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:25 am

South by 5 goals
avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 916
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Southee wrote:South by 5 goals

Southee how many away games have south won this year .
Just out of interest 
Cause playing them at home they are a great team
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Southee on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:42 pm

mickyj wrote:
Southee wrote:South by 5 goals

Southee how many away games have south won this year .
Just out of interest 
Cause playing them at home they are a great team

Well, we beat you there last year,  beat you this year at Noarlunga (quite convincingly too) and knocked you off out of the finals in 2014.

I see this game as a huge test for us and I think we are up for it.  We are a great team too.

Money bags Wundke usually struggles against Crabby.
Midfield will beat Eagles.  Bassy in career best form.
Eddy, Haren, Barnsy up forward are exciting to watch.    

Still our home form has been good this year but previously our record at home has been dreadful.....  

Stick with my tip of 5 goals our way.
avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 916
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by MichaelScott on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Southee wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Southee wrote:South by 5 goals

Southee how many away games have south won this year .
Just out of interest 
Cause playing them at home they are a great team

Well, we beat you there last year,  beat you this year at Noarlunga (quite convincingly too) and knocked you off out of the finals in 2014.

I see this game as a huge test for us and I think we are up for it.  We are a great team too.

Money bags Wundke usually struggles against Crabby.
Midfield will beat Eagles.  Bassy in career best form.
Eddy, Haren, Barnsy up forward are exciting to watch.    

Still our home form has been good this year but previously our record at home has been dreadful.....  

Stick with my tip of 5 goals our way.




What r u talking about in 2015 only lost round 1 to West and a game to Port...flogged you at Holeunga...south are and always will be ordinary
avatar
MichaelScott

Join date : 2014-10-08
Posts : 12
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:31 am

Southee wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Southee wrote:South by 5 goals

Southee how many away games have south won this year .
Just out of interest 
Cause playing them at home they are a great team

Well, we beat you there last year,  beat you this year at Noarlunga (quite convincingly too) and knocked you off out of the finals in 2014.

I see this game as a huge test for us and I think we are up for it.  We are a great team too.

Money bags Wundke usually struggles against Crabby.
Midfield will beat Eagles.  Bassy in career best form.
Eddy, Haren, Barnsy up forward are exciting to watch.    

Still our home form has been good this year but previously our record at home has been dreadful.....  


Stick with my tip of 5 goals our way.

I was actually asking about your form away from home 2015
i was there at Noarlunga when you destroyed us 
I was at Woodville when Eagles  destroyed Port larger margin than south beat them 
sturt have I think lost one game that was at Unley to the eagles 

i do find it funny south fans really get at Wundke more than I think north fans do .
if he kicks 5 or 6 or 7 goals a game and runs to centre half back and back to the forward line like he did against Centrals keep complaining 



avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Southee on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:31 pm

South fans get into Wundke for totally different reasons North supporters would get stuck into him..... And South fans have every right to get stuck into him.  It's all justified ! Evil or Very Mad
avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 916
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:03 pm

Southee wrote:South fans get into Wundke for totally different reasons North supporters would get stuck into him..... And South fans have every right to get stuck into him.  It's all justified ! Evil or Very Mad

just seems sour grapes no mention of Boyd or Ainger didnt they also play for your club
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by rocket_rooster on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:29 pm

Southee wrote:South fans get into Wundke for totally different reasons North supporters would get stuck into him..... And South fans have every right to get stuck into him.  It's all justified ! Evil or Very Mad

What is the difference between why Wundke left North and why he left South. I believe he left both clubs for the same reason.
avatar
rocket_rooster

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Southee on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:42 pm

mickyj wrote:
Southee wrote:South fans get into Wundke for totally different reasons North supporters would get stuck into him..... And South fans have every right to get stuck into him.  It's all justified ! Evil or Very Mad

just seems sour grapes no mention of Boyd or Ainger didnt they also play for your club

Oh they are right up there too ! (The 3 amigos)

Not the most liked players by us South supporters (with reasons)

avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 916
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:05 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
Southee wrote:South fans get into Wundke for totally different reasons North supporters would get stuck into him..... And South fans have every right to get stuck into him.  It's all justified ! Evil or Very Mad

What is the difference between why Wundke left North and why he left South. I believe he left both clubs for the same reason.

I might be wrong he left you guys to go to the AFL before he went to south . or am i wrong like i normally am Very Happy
avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:27 pm

MichaelScott wrote:...south are and always will be ordinary


very harsh call that, i've seen every team play this year at least twice (Sturt), all the others at least 3 times, from my observations South in 2016 are as good as the other teams in the top 5 & while they've had an influx of early home games all you have to do is play & win & i'll add without disrespecting the teams that beat them i'm sure their only losses for the season was when Bass was out suspended & by the way unless your Nostradamus how do you know how they'll perform in the future ? if you do know that send me a pm with Saturday nights X-lotto numbers please, i'll have a prediction for the future too & that is after the semi final weekend the last 3 teams left will be Sturt, South & Woodville West Torrens & feeling it to be a South v WWT Grand Final
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6657
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by rocket_rooster on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:59 pm

mickyj wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:
Southee wrote:South fans get into Wundke for totally different reasons North supporters would get stuck into him..... And South fans have every right to get stuck into him.  It's all justified ! Evil or Very Mad

What is the difference between why Wundke left North and why he left South. I believe he left both clubs for the same reason.

I might be wrong he left you guys to go to the AFL before he went to south . or am i wrong like i normally am Very Happy

He went to the AFL IN 2007.

He came back to North and played with us in 2010.

He left North simply because he was offered an exorbitant amount of money by South in 2011. North knew that it was an exorbitant amount because Wundke showed them the contract.

I believe he left South for similar reasons.


Last edited by rocket_rooster on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
rocket_rooster

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by rocket_rooster on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:24 pm

waddayamean wrote:Any clauses re Training in the contract ? Would not have thought it was  exorbitant though. Its not a big salary cap.

It was an exorbitant amount given the Salary cap. If the Salary Cap were $10,000, $1,000 would be an exorbitant amount.
avatar
rocket_rooster

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by PhilH on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:30 pm

avatar
PhilH

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 600
Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Southee on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:31 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
mickyj wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:
Southee wrote:South fans get into Wundke for totally different reasons North supporters would get stuck into him..... And South fans have every right to get stuck into him.  It's all justified ! Evil or Very Mad

What is the difference between why Wundke left North and why he left South. I believe he left both clubs for the same reason.

I might be wrong he left you guys to go to the AFL before he went to south . or am i wrong like i normally am Very Happy

He went to the AFL IN 2007.

He came back to North and played with us in 2010.

He left North simply because he was offered an exorbitant amount of money by South in 2011. North knew that it was an exorbitant amount because Wundke showed them the contract.

I believe he left South for similar reasons.

Yep.....and a few other things too that i wont go into.
avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 916
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by rocket_rooster on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:42 pm

waddayamean wrote:I always thought it meant outrageous , even extreme or unreasonable. Are you saying he has taken the pie (no pun intended) Or are you annoyed he left North ?

You are exactly right. South offered him an unreasonable amount when one took the salary cap into account. North could not match the offer and stay within the salary cap.

It was an exorbitant amount.

avatar
rocket_rooster

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:56 am

Southee wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:
mickyj wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:
Southee wrote:South fans get into Wundke for totally different reasons North supporters would get stuck into him..... And South fans have every right to get stuck into him.  It's all justified ! Evil or Very Mad

What is the difference between why Wundke left North and why he left South. I believe he left both clubs for the same reason.

I might be wrong he left you guys to go to the AFL before he went to south . or am i wrong like i normally am Very Happy

He went to the AFL IN 2007.

He came back to North and played with us in 2010.

He left North simply because he was offered an exorbitant amount of money by South in 2011. North knew that it was an exorbitant amount because Wundke showed them the contract.

I believe he left South for similar reasons.

Yep.....and a few other things too that i wont go into.

Means you can't prove it fair enough 
but nothing of the other players 
at some stage you guys gotta build a bridge and get over it .


avatar
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1494
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Southee on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:31 am

mickyj wrote:
Southee wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:
mickyj wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:
Southee wrote:South fans get into Wundke for totally different reasons North supporters would get stuck into him..... And South fans have every right to get stuck into him.  It's all justified ! Evil or Very Mad

What is the difference between why Wundke left North and why he left South. I believe he left both clubs for the same reason.

I might be wrong he left you guys to go to the AFL before he went to south . or am i wrong like i normally am Very Happy

He went to the AFL IN 2007.

He came back to North and played with us in 2010.

He left North simply because he was offered an exorbitant amount of money by South in 2011. North knew that it was an exorbitant amount because Wundke showed them the contract.

I believe he left South for similar reasons.

Yep.....and a few other things too that i wont go into.

Means you can't prove it fair enough 
but nothing of the other players 
at some stage you guys gotta build a bridge and get over it .



Means....this is a public forum and I don't see the point of discussing it on here.

avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 916
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum