Round 12: South v Port - Saturday 18 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 12: South v Port - Saturday 18 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:48 pm

South had a solid win over North when last they played while Port were no match for Sturt. Who will come away with the win this week.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Round 12: South v Port - Saturday 18 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:38 pm

South to beat the Power reserves by over 6 goals
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Ira is back which is good to see. The Panthers should make visiting the far south a fairly miserable process for the Power reserves and win by 30+ points
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:40 pm

waddayamean wrote:South in 14.13 to Port 8.6. Watched a bit on TV and looked a pathetic crowd. South sitting second yet still no support .

Don't blame the South supporters. Outdid the Port Ressie supporters who were hardly sighted at the game .

Think the Port supporters stayed home as the Port v Freo game was straight on TV after this one.

As I sat at the game today my thoughts were the Magpies of old are dead.
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:46 pm

Good win by South against a seemingly listless Port after half-time.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:41 pm

We seem to be hearing of new lows every week regarding crowds; this one being a doozy

938 - The lowest ever post Crows figure; the lowest ever since an estimated 800 between North and Glenelg in Rd 13 1945 and the lowest actual figure since Rd 11 1931 when 719 were at Wayville for the game between West and South.  A day which has only been equaled since as the lowest maximum temperature for July - 8.8; during the depression.
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:58 pm

spell_check wrote:We seem to be hearing of new lows every week regarding crowds; this one being a doozy

938 - The lowest ever post Crows figure; the lowest ever since an estimated 800 between North and Glenelg in Rd 13 1945 and the lowest actual figure since Rd 11 1931 when 719 were at Wayville for the game between West and South.  A day which has only been equaled since as the lowest maximum temperature for July - 8.8; during the depression.

so the depression & WW11 had low crowds which would be expected although in those days it was basically racing or football, in todays' climate we have numerous other things to do, i know at the SANFL they wont or don't believe it but in reality the affordability for a family or even a single is non existent, if your with the family it'll be $28.00 plus food & drinks, you can not tell a child ''wait till you get home to eat'' so that's another say $25.00 for 2 kids even if the adults refrain from eating, then this week AGL announced an increase, so that's more coming out of the family income, if they went back to $10.00 you might get some people back but in any walk of life when you get out of a routine it can be hard to get back into it & off course those who just plainly quit going because of the invasion of the two ''VFL/AFL'' franchises
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:21 am

bayman wrote:
spell_check wrote:We seem to be hearing of new lows every week regarding crowds; this one being a doozy

so the depression & WW11 had low crowds which would be expected although in those days it was basically racing or football, in todays' climate we have numerous other things to do, i know at the SANFL they wont or don't believe it but in reality the affordability for a family or even a single is non existent, if your with the family it'll be $28.00 plus food & drinks, you can not tell a child ''wait till you get home to eat'' so that's another say $25.00 for 2 kids even if the adults refrain from eating, then this week AGL announced an increase, so that's more coming out of the family income, if they went back to $10.00 you might get some people back but in any walk of life when you get out of a routine it can be hard to get back into it & off course those who just plainly quit going because of the invasion of the two ''VFL/AFL'' franchises

l must say I really buy food or drinks at the footy until they check bags . Subway is allowed in not cans of drinks . But yeah prices going up ain't great I know my employer ( if I'm still there ) wanted us to work 7 days a week no over time wages two days off during the week not weekends not two straight days lucky that went south no pun lol . I still think afl reserves teams games should not be played the day the afl team is playing 

mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum