Adelaide SANFL team demands

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adelaide SANFL team demands

Post by blueandwhite on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:16 am

I wonder what action the SANFL will/has taken over this fiasco. It an absolute bloody disgrace.
Surely with West Adelaides influence on the SANFL commission and the SANFL in general they should come down on the Crows like a ton of bricks.
.... but then again West like Norwood did vote YES for the admission of AFL teams into the competition, after their penalties for breaching the salary cap vanished didnt they...?? it could be said....you reap what you sew...
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:01 pm

I really don't think which club voted for what has any relevance at all.

There is basic respect for clubs and opposition and it would appear the Crows don't have it.

I cannot think of any justification for the Crows demanding this sort of preferential treatment, nor SANFL officials getting to be in a position to play cop on such an issue.

I would think that it needs to be brought up with the sanfl collectively that clubs won't stand for this sort of crap.

Stating the obvious, the Crows may be an AFL club but they are playing in the sanfl under sanfl rules.
The need to accept that without the argy bargy
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:36 pm

blueandwhite wrote:I wonder what action the SANFL will/has taken over this fiasco. It an absolute bloody disgrace.
Surely with West Adelaides influence on the SANFL commission and the SANFL in general they should come down on the Crows like a ton of bricks.
.... but then again West like Norwood did vote YES for the admission of AFL teams into the competition, after their penalties for breaching the salary cap vanished didnt they...?? it could be said....you reap what you sew...

B & W, Norwood's penalties were watered down to get their vote. West not so much, despite Norwood's breach being far more severe.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Lee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:I wonder what action the SANFL will/has taken over this fiasco. It an absolute bloody disgrace.

B & W, Norwood's penalties were watered down to get their vote. West not so much, despite Norwood's breach being far more severe.

okay.. I agree it was a cheap shot....but all that was required was one more NO vote for it not to happen.....and look what we have now as a competition; it's just a dogs breakfast.
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:28 pm

The vote was only taken when there was indication of enough Yes votes anyway
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:27 am

I haven't read it, but have had the gist of an article in the Advertiser today saying the Crows were totally right in their actions at Norwood last Sunday.

From what has been read to me the article is wrong in almost every respect and is an ill-informed defence of the Crows.

There is documentary evidence to show the article is incorrect, along with many witnesses to what happened, including me. I was there when the request to stop the Feserves game was made.

The srticle also calls for a Crows Academy team that is fine, except the writer hasn't spoke to the AFC about that, obviously.

I've now had the article sent to me so I'll read it and tetract anything I've said that is incorrect

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:31 am

I've now read it.

It is garbage from start to finish, just ignorant rubbish.

An apology and a correction is in order.

Says a lot about some Advertiser journalism.

Lee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Thiele on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:54 am

waddayamean wrote:Who wrote it , that will be enough to tell if its rubbish.
Rucci
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:33 am

Not only is it garbage, but I believe the SANFL has, or will, rule that the Crows were totally wrong.

Sorry, Michelangelo, that is pathetic 'journalism' and smacks of toadying to an AFL club.

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:07 pm

Is there a link to the article in question?
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Can you copy and paste please
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:40 pm

oldfella wrote:Can you copy and paste please

Click on enlarge or full size to read the comment.

firstblood

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:21 pm

I see Rucci has been trawling the footy forums for stories once again.

While it's pretty clear the AFC are in the wrong here, there's a reason why Domain sponsor the Crows, and why they break stories to Caroline Wilson...

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella on Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Thank you fb
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:35 pm

I think West people had their say and would have left it alone, except for this article.

There is documented evidence of the Crows unreasonable demands and many witnesses that it was the Crows request to cut the game short.

As for the article, it is astoundingly wrong in every detail.

The SANFL will rule on the matter and I will guarantee they will rule that the Crows were 100% wrong.

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:33 pm

i didn't realize that Mr Rucci was still relevant, in fact i didn't know he was still in the media
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by scott on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:36 pm

Rucci.

Say no more.
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:05 pm

does Mr Rucci still have a gig on any of the radio shows ?

if so West Adelaide should approach that station & asked for a right of reply to this article & get a retraction in the paper, however a retraction in the paper is usually two lines & most people miss it anyway, if he is on a radio station West Adelaide should announce on social media & emails to their members that they've asked to go on & put their side of the story to it & either say it'll be on at the time & date confirmed or it has been denied
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:38 pm

bayman wrote:does Mr Rucci still have a gig on any of the radio shows ?

if so West Adelaide should approach that station & asked for a right of reply to this article & get a retraction in the paper, however a retraction in the paper is usually two lines & most people miss it anyway, if he is on a radio station West Adelaide should announce on social media & emails to their members that they've asked to go on & put their side of the story to it & either say it'll be on at the time & date confirmed or it has been denied

He's still on 5AA, whose ratings are on the decline as people tune out in droves.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:07 am

Well there you go you westies' guys, get on the front foot & challenge him with your replies
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:02 am

Lee wrote:

A little bit pregnant again? You either did or didn't
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum