Adelaide SANFL team demands

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adelaide SANFL team demands

Post by Lee on Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:20 pm

It's being widely discussed on Facebook that the Adelaide FC made various demands relating to today's Reserves curtain-raiser between Norwood and West.

West and Adelaide had to share facilities. The Reserves game started 10 minutes early to allow Adelaide more time to set up, as usual. It's reported that Adelaide proposed that the West coaches vacate the coaches box at 3/4 time and that their stats team vacate the stats bench at half-time.

There was over 30 minutes between the 2 games and they asked that West players stay on the ground until Adelaide had come out for their warm-up, returned to the rooms, then gone out for the game.

On top of that, there is a rule that the Reserves game must finish by a certain time. Despite fixed 28 minute quarters and 35 minutes between the games  Adelaide insisted the Reserves game finished 3 minutes early, with West trailing by 11 points.

I make no judgement, as most of this is from Facebook, except to say if true it shows some lack of respect for the competition.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Adelaide SANFL team demands

Post by bayman on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:46 pm

i don't know about the off field stuff but the last quarter of the reserves went a bit over 25 minutes & the West players did indeed stay on the oval in between matches while some presentations were going on (couldn't hear the P.A. clearly to know what it was all about) & the national anthem was sung.........................

if they play in ''our comp'' they should abide by the set rules & traditions of ''our comp''
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:50 pm

Will be interesting on July 23 when Crows come to Woodville to play the Eagles.

Curtin raiser is SANFL Reserves between Eagles v Port Academy which will see changerooms shared.

Can's see Port agreeing with too many demands.
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:17 pm

It also happened at Elizabeth when Centrals reserves played Norwood they told Norwood to move at half time of the reserves so they could fit in their 48 laptops etc.Who do they think they are the SANFL will do nothing because the are spineless when it comes to the Crows.It shows a complete lack of respect naturally the Crows will deny it but when it is roundly heard by spectators then they cant
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by PhilH on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:42 pm

There was a citizenship ceremony as part of Norwood's contribution to the SANFL multicultural round.... hence the anthem I suspect.
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:47 pm

waddayamean wrote:Going off Facebook is not a great start but Lee , being an integral part of the WAFC, you know if this true or false. It's not judging when it's factual. If not then it's a rumour.
A few questions .Since when must there be 35 mins between games ?
Why was there a national anthem played ?
Why if this is true are the clubs allowing them. ?
I agree with SB but don't blame the SANFL if clubs OK it.
It is true what Lee wrote
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:49 pm

PhilH wrote:There was a citizenship ceremony as part of Norwood's contribution to the SANFL multicultural round.... hence the anthem I suspect.
yep
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:32 pm

Lee wrote:It's being widely discussed on Facebook that the Adelaide FC made various demands relating to today's Reserves curtain-raiser between Norwood and West.

West and Adelaide had to share facilities. The Reserves game started 10 minutes early to allow Adelaide more time to set up, as usual. It's reported that Adelaide proposed that the West coaches vacate the coaches box at 3/4 time and that their stats team vacate the stats bench at half-time.

There was over 30 minutes between the 2 games and they asked that West players stay on the ground until Adelaide had come out for their warm-up, returned to the rooms, then gone out for the game.

On top of that, there is a rule that the Reserves game must finish by a certain time. Despite fixed 28 minute quarters and 35 minutes between the games  Adelaide insisted the Reserves game finished 3 minutes early, with West trailing by 11 points.

I make no judgement, as most of this is from Facebook, except to say if true it shows some lack of respect for the competition.

I was told by a fellow West volunteer who was in the time keepers box for the reserves, a SANFL official stuck his head in the box and told them to blow the siren. This was at the 25 min mark with 3 minutes remaining on the clock. So that and the other problems you mentioned re the Crows are true.
firstblood

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:24 am

This is what went down waddyaymean... I'm a volunteer for West and below is fact....

first of all when we arrived at Norwood for the West v Norwood reserves game, Volunteers were shown an email received from the Adelaide Crows..
They said our coaches must vacate the coaches box at 3/4 time of the reserves game..
Then all the statisticians were to move out at 1/2 time of the reserves so the Crows can set up their stats people.
We were told to move out of the change rooms at 1/2 time.
We were told the West reserves players must stay out on the ground after the game for 1/2 an hour while the Crows warm up on the ground, then they went back in before coming out to play v Norwood.
Some one from the SANFL told the time keepers to blow the siren at the 25 minute mark of the last qtr in the reserves game robbing us of 3 minutes of game time so the Crows can have extra warm up time. At that stage we were only 11 points down and still in the game, whether we could have won or not is not the point, the point is the Crows think they are special and what they want they should get.

Of course we denied their requests apart from moving out of the change rooms and players staying out on the ground after the game.
firstblood

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:00 pm

All this whilst the SANFL is demanding traditional clubs cut their football department spend. Didn't think the divide could get any wider.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:26 pm

they have demandS, i have two wishes & that is both the Power & Adelaide reserves just NICK OFF

Last edited by bayman on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:36 pm

I have mentioned this before but will again.

At the end of the great 1 point win over the Crows at Noarlunga I raced to get down the change rooms after the game to celebrate with the South side (as I sometimes do). I was stopped in my tracks as I tried to walk up our players race by Welso security and told no supporters allowed. A mentioned politely I was a South supporter. I was told again that I am not allowed in the change rooms . Other South supporters tried and told the same thing. I asked I always go into the South change rooms and had no issues before . Welso security stated to me that they had strict instructions by the Crows that no supporters from either side were allowed in the rooms.

The thing is at Noarlunga the change rooms are very well separated so I did not see a issue.

Most South supporters stood there not that happy about the situation.

Personally I thought it was a disgrace and have never been treated like that by any other club in the comp.

Part of the Crows promise of community engagement with the local comp is just another lie we have all been fed !
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:24 pm

waddayamean wrote:Not sure about anyone else but I will be taking this further.
Good on you...

Can I ask what you are going to do?
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:28 pm

waddayamean wrote:I won't sit and be apathetic.
Good to hear...

What will you do, then?
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:33 am

A little win for the Good Guys the SANFL saw my facebook post
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:30 pm

if all this is true then you'd have to say the AFC treats the whole competition with contempt, obviously Port treat the comp with respect because apart from one hiccup at Richmond Oval there has been no negativity about them at all....well done to them
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Thiele even though the SANFL saw your post it doesnt mean they will do anything when it comes to the Crows they havent had any balls in the past so i will believe it when i see it.
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:34 pm

southern bulldog wrote:  Thiele even though the SANFL saw your post it doesnt mean they will do anything when it comes to the Crows they havent had any balls in the past so i will believe it when i see it.
I know. Should an interesting respone the club gets from there email
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum