Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Big Phil on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:29 pm

Lee wrote:I would just like to acknowledge Big Phil, who has signed up as a Westies' member following our wager last year.

Well done, Phil.

No worries, Lee...

That's now Central, West and Eagles I've been a financial member of...

Will probably sign up with the Bays within the next week or so...

Assume we're having the same bet again this season? Wink

http://www.cdfc.com.au/membership-packages/
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4186
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Interesting decision at the Tribunal, where Nick Holman (?) got off a charge against Jack Agostino. In the first 10 seconds of the game, Agostino was met by Holman, suffered concussion and played no further part in the game.

Given the head is supposed to be protected, this wasn't even seen as careless.

In the same game, Shannon Green was suspended for 3 games for a charge against Edmeade, who continued playing to half-time. Probably a justifiable penalty.

Interesting precedent.


Last edited by Lee on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6848
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Big Phil on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:49 am

Lee wrote:Interesting decision at the Tribunal, where Nick Holman (?) got off a charge against Hack Agostino. In the first 1p seconds of the game, Agostino was met by Holman, suffered concussion and ayed no further part in the game.

Hiven the head is supposed to be protected, this wasn't even seen as careless.

In the same game, Shannon Green was suspended for 3 games for a charge against Edmeade, who continued playing to half-time. Probably a justifiable penalty.

Interesting precedent.

He was charged, initially, with 'Rough Conduct' from memory...

If you have a look at the slowed down vision, it wasn't intnentional, Holman was coming in to tackle...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3497/

It got him flush in the face, by the looks of it, and was an unfortunate accident...

These things happen...


avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4186
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:24 am

I made no judgement on the decision, just that I thought all contact to the head was either intentional or careless.

It now appears not to be so.

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6848
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:27 am

Just watched the video. He had his arms up and Agostino was hit in the face.

If that's not severe head high contact and careless, I'm not sure what is.

Interesting.

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6848
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Big Phil on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:31 am

Lee wrote:Just watched the video.  He had his arms up and Agostino was hit in the face.

If that's not severe head high contact and careless, I'm not sure what is.

Interesting.

Whilst he was concussed, and that is obviously disappointing for Jack, it wasn't a malice coat hanger...
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4186
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Big Phil on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:32 am

Big Phil wrote:
Lee wrote:I would just like to acknowledge Big Phil, who has signed up as a Westies' member following our wager last year.

Well done, Phil.

No worries, Lee...

That's now Central, West and Eagles I've been a financial member of...

Will probably sign up with the Bays within the next week or so...

Assume we're having the same bet again this season? Wink

http://www.cdfc.com.au/membership-packages/

No bite on this one, Lee? Wink
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4186
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:33 am

Just watched it again. Difficult to slow it down enough and probably unintentional, but he's come in with a raised arm and collected Agostino in the face.

Agostino concussed and misses the rest of the game.

Head high contact - Yes.

Severe - Yes

Intentional - No

Careless - A big, definite YES, IMO.

The tribunal is always right, of course and they have more resources than me, but it seems to be an interesting precedent.

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6848
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:47 am

Big Phil wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Lee wrote:I would just like to acknowledge Big Phil, who has signed up as a Westies' member following our wager last year.

Well done, Phil.

No worries, Lee...

That's now Central, West and Eagles I've been a financial member of...

Will probably sign up with the Bays within the next week or so...

Assume we're having the same bet again this season? Wink

http://www.cdfc.com.au/membership-packages/

Just glad we didn't, Phil

No bite on this one, Lee? Wink

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6848
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:49 am

Big Phil wrote:
Lee wrote:Just watched the video.  He had his arms up and Agostino was hit in the face.

If that's not severe head high contact and careless, I'm not sure what is.

Interesting.

Whilst he was concussed, and that is obviously disappointing for Jack, it wasn't a malice coat hanger...

So unintentional coathangers are now OK?

Can't quite get my head around that one, although Ago did.

As I sais, unintentional certainly, but not careless to coathanger someone and cause concussion?

There'll be some interesting defences from now on.

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6848
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Centrals - Saturday 4 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:21 pm

I can only think that not slowing the video down makes it look like he made contact with his arm, but perhaps it wasn't his arm?

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6848
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum