Round 9: Port v South - Sunday 22 May @ Alberton Oval

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Round 9: Port v South - Sunday 22 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman on Wed May 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:
PhilH wrote:Hard to believe it but Port now running last in home crowd averages so far this year.

it is no difference to Adelaide, it is as we all know their seconds & with this very reason the sooner they wear a Power jumper & stop the charade the better for everyone, i'd suggest with the low attendances a majority of Port people realize that the Magpies' sadly are dead as they've truly evolved into an AFL franchised organization & not too many go and watch their respective seconds play if there is no league game after, i wasn't there but i'll bet there weren't that many at last weeks reserves match between Glenelg & West, yes the seconds are important to a club but not too many go & support them & this is the case with Port & Adelaide for that matter

LOL....a change of jumper will make you happy, will it? Laughing

is that the best you can come up with, with respect to the question because i'll answer them unlike you, the Magpies are dead because they evolved into the Power & yes from when the Power started the Magpies still existed & rightfully so, however they died the day it was decided (wrongly imho) that both franchises would have teams in the SANFL & why have the charade for the ''Port diehards'' when everyone including you know what the real facts are, that being they are Power reserves not Port Magpies & by the looks there isn't many of the diehards going either, i'll cop some can't afford two games but not hundreds of people, perhaps if this (financial) IS the major stumbling block, then like the Crows the Power members etc should be let in free when producing the membership ticket but somehow i doubt it, it is just a reserves team & people have little interest in the reserves until their respective reserves teams make finals
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster on Wed May 25, 2016 9:34 pm

waddayamean wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:
Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:
PhilH wrote:Hard to believe it but Port now running last in home crowd averages so far this year.

it is no difference to Adelaide, it is as we all know their seconds & with this very reason the sooner they wear a Power jumper & stop the charade the better for everyone, i'd suggest with the low attendances a majority of Port people realize that the Magpies' sadly are dead as they've truly evolved into an AFL franchised organization & not too many go and watch their respective seconds play if there is no league game after, i wasn't there but i'll bet there weren't that many at last weeks reserves match between Glenelg & West, yes the seconds are important to a club but not too many go & support them & this is the case with Port & Adelaide for that matter

LOL....a change of jumper will make you happy, will it? Laughing

I would be very happy if Port changed their Guernsey.

That is I'd be ecstatic if the Power changed their Guernsey to the prison bars in the AFL. I could list a page of things I don't like about Port, but the prison bars Guernsey is about the best I have ever seen in any sport. I never understood the argument that Collingwood put about that you can only have one black and white team in the AFL when you have three blue and white teams and two red, blue and yellow teams.

I know I have gone off topic but just stating a viewpoint.

Because they were black and white with the same nickname. Complete different shades of colours the others. Why should Port , who back stabbed a whole competition, get their way ? They did exactly the same for Adelaide Oval due to small crowds at Footy Park. No more excuses left now as they are on their on their own. Continued AFL handouts I can see.

Geelong and Carlton are both navy blue and white. Can't see any completely different shade of colours there. One wears hoops and one a monogram. I have seen Port Maggies play Collingwood twice, once in 1967 and once in about 1993 and there was absolutely no Guernsey clash.
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Wed May 25, 2016 9:44 pm

i agree they should be wearing the black & white historical jumper every week too..........maybe in years to come (when Eddie has no more pull) this can happen
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu May 26, 2016 7:48 am

bayman wrote:

is that the best you can come up with, with respect to the question because i'll answer them unlike you, the Magpies are dead because they evolved into the Power & yes from when the Power started the Magpies still existed & rightfully so, however they died the day it was decided (wrongly imho) that both franchises would have teams in the SANFL & why have the charade for the ''Port diehards'' when everyone including you know what the real facts are, that being they are Power reserves not Port Magpies & by the looks there isn't many of the diehards going either, i'll cop some can't afford two games but not hundreds of people, perhaps if this (financial) IS the major stumbling block, then like the Crows the Power members etc should be let in free when producing the membership ticket but somehow i doubt it, it is just a reserves team & people have little interest in the reserves until their respective reserves teams make finals

All of this we already knew. Why keep going on about it?
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu May 26, 2016 7:49 am

waddayamean wrote:
Booney wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Booney wrote:

A reflection on the Port people going or on visiting sides fans no longer making the trip to Alberton?

Personally, I would have thought a combination of both but probably a greater percentage of Port people walking away...

I'd agree, just, I'd also add that Port AFL home game Saturday > Port SANFL home game Sunday would reduce the crowd. People can't afford the money or the time to attend both.

Oh . Different days though . Come on mate , Magpie crowds are crap. Traditionally Port crowds drop when losing . This has nothing to with the Magpies losing though. Dead and no one cares.

No **** it was different days, might come as a surprise to you but not everyone wants to or has the time or money to go to two games in two days.
Booney

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Booney on Thu May 26, 2016 1:06 pm

Excuses, reasons, explanations, call them what you like.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Thu May 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:

finally you agree with something i posted, thank you Mr Booney, i wish you'd show some respect by answering a simple question or two though when i've ask you, anyway i'm happy you have finally agreed with something i posted, thank you again Very Happy
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee on Thu May 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Booney wrote:
waddayamean wrote:
Booney wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Booney wrote:

A reflection on the Port people going or on visiting sides fans no longer making the trip to Alberton?

Personally, I would have thought a combination of both but probably a greater percentage of Port people walking away...

I'd agree, just, I'd also add that Port AFL home game Saturday > Port SANFL home game Sunday would reduce the crowd. People can't afford the money or the time to attend both.

Oh . Different days though . Come on mate , Magpie crowds are crap. Traditionally Port crowds drop when losing . This has nothing to with the Magpies losing though. Dead and no one cares.

No **** it was different days, might come as a surprise to you but not everyone wants to or has the time or money to go to two games in two days.

Don't Port Power members get free entry into Magpie games as part of that package ??
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Fri May 27, 2016 8:57 am

No, Southee, only Club1870 and Black Diamond members ( the top two categories )
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Fri May 27, 2016 8:58 am

bayman wrote:
Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:

finally you agree with something i posted, thank you Mr Booney, i wish you'd show some respect by answering a simple question or two though when i've ask you, anyway i'm happy you have finally agreed with something i posted, thank you again Very Happy

So you'll stop going on about it then? It really is quite laborious, boring, repetitive...
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Fri May 27, 2016 8:58 am

waddayamean wrote:Thanks, I will call them excuses . That is what they are. The true Port way. Blame everyone but your own. Good onya Booney Wink

Thanks UK.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Fri May 27, 2016 9:08 am

You know if we really really try, I think we can keep this Port - South thread going until the end of the minor round at least! Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Fri May 27, 2016 9:20 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:You know if we really really try, I think we can keep this Port - South thread going until the end of the minor round at least! Very Happy

It can go round-and-round-and-round-and-round on the same meaningless discussion for months. Plenty of threads have!

"They should change their jumper"

"They're not fooling anyone"

"They aren't the Magpies"

"Why do I keep saying this **** when it's already been established"

"Why don't I write 44 posts per week about my own side"

That sort of thing, yeah?
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Fri May 27, 2016 9:58 am