Port really very bad didn't show anything
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Round 8: Eagles v Port - Saturday 14 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Sat May 14, 2016 6:15 pm

waddayamean wrote:
PhilH wrote:So we have gone from drawing "Low crowds"  to "not drawing great crowds"  

Making progress   Very Happy

How about I clear it up . The Eagles do not have a large supporter base . Shocked

What was the number today ?

No idea Port had less fans than the bay's last week
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Sat May 14, 2016 6:21 pm

So we agree ??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yes waddaymean, the Eagles do not have a large supporter base. That is why I spend 1.5 days a week at Oval Avenue doing something to address it.

If they did have a large supporter base I would be doing something else.

But if you accept an active "supporter base" to be relative to the numbers who come to home games we have regularly in the past 4 years a larger active "supporter base" than South, West, North and Central.

Crowd today? ... well I know we had over 2000 (which according to 100% of those who answered the survey here here is the figure to reach to avoid a "low crowd") ... exact figure will be in paper tomorrow.

I'm sure we will chat about it then.
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Sat May 14, 2016 6:26 pm

PhilH wrote:So we agree ???  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Yes waddaymean, the Eagles do not have a large supporter base.  That is why I spend 1.5 days a week at Oval Avenue doing something to address it.

But if you accept an active "supporter base" to be relative to the numbers who come to home games we have regularly in the past 4 years a larger active "supporter base" than South, West, North and Central.

Crowd today? ... well I know we had over 2000 (which according to 100% of those who answered the survey here here is the figure to reach to avoid a "low crowd") ... exact figure will be in paper tomorrow.

Add three PHIL we got in and didn't get scanned
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Sat May 14, 2016 6:30 pm

3 not scanned !!!!   You're killing me MickyJ
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Sat May 14, 2016 6:54 pm

PhilH wrote:3 not scanned !!!!   You're killing me MickyJ

Nope walked in an unattended gate at 10.30 fans were in the stands we were on the terraces
Not my fault the SANFL didn't man the gates
We paid so we didn't get in for free just not scanned on entry
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by spell_check on Sun May 15, 2016 12:58 am

waddayamean wrote:

Yes waddaymean, the Eagles do not have a large supporter base.  That is why I spend 1.5 days a week at Oval Avenue doing something to address it.

OK Phil. Was there a survey that measured a low crowd ?  How do you quantify that ?

West and South have a very low supporter base . Centrals now do due to not winning flags and had a "hanger on" supporter base. North are reasonable.

Keep focusing on home games though. Do the numbers include kids ?

Was the Glenelg/Central match a low crowd? The figure is similar to the match here in question

Anyway, I'm afraid there seems to be hardly any support for Port compared to what there used to be. Those who got there early for the Reserves match deserve medals. Port Reserves (either as the reserves or the reserves reserves) had the fourth biggest loss by them:
Rd 7 1972 Central 29.11 Port 7.11 (132 pts)
Rd 12 1991 Norwood 25.17 Port 4.11 (132 pts)
Rd 16 1940 North 25.22 Port 6.12 (124 pts)
Rd 8 2016 Eagles 23.15 Port 4.7 (122 pts)
Rd 9 1935 Torrens 24.16 Port 5.10 (120 pts)
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Sun May 15, 2016 9:15 am

spell_check wrote:
waddayamean wrote:

OK Phil. Was there a survey that measured a low crowd ?  How do you quantify that ?

West and South have a very low supporter base . Centrals now do due to not winning flags and had a "hanger on" supporter base. North are reasonable.

Keep focusing on home games though. Do the numbers include kids ?

Was the Glenelg/Central match a low crowd?  The figure is similar to the match here in question

Anyway, I'm afraid there seems to be hardly any support for Port compared to what there used to be.  Those who got there early for the Reserves match deserve medals. Port Reserves (either as the reserves or the reserves reserves) had the fourth biggest loss by them:
Rd 7 1972 Central 29.11 Port 7.11 (132 pts)
Rd 12 1991 Norwood 25.17 Port 4.11 (132 pts)
Rd 16 1940 North 25.22 Port 6.12 (124 pts)
Rd 8 2016 Eagles 23.15 Port 4.7 (122 pts)
Rd 9 1935 Torrens 24.16 Port 5.10 (120 pts)

I got there to watch both games for some reason the SANFL doesnt open one gate the same time as the stand side of the oval . And dont tell me 11 am the game started before 11 am,
And i know ive been bashing the academy side of Port but really that was a shocking disgraceful seconds game of football . I was thinking west adelaides second side was bad but at 1/4 time in that game the difference was 7 points fair enough it was 80 points before west scored again . But they kicked four goals in a row .
There is no defense of port adelaide's academy side that was a disgrace and yes i have watched eagles seconds games for many years and Godden's first year as coach Eagles seconds where bad the CEO then who is now at port adelaide told me and others look at Geelong their second team doesnt win . For me that wasnt good enough if i watch an eagles side no matter what grade I wanna watch a winning team . Dont give me that Port crap of tradition that doesnt mean the players from the 50s will come and win u a game .
Give me a break thne i watched ports league team that was worse one goal after time
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 on Sun May 15, 2016 1:55 pm

A little bit overs here Mickyj. Its only the reserves. I do not however see the point of an academy side. The side is comprise of players that may be discards (I probably am wrong) from other sides, but not eligible for the Power side unless drafted. The age demographic appears high for upcoming players. (over 18)
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/football/players-and-coaches/academy-players
On the league game, very good signs from the Eagles. Port looked to be playing a defensive game. Some of their AFL listed players looked ordinary. Carlile looks slow and needs more games, Kane Mitchell always gets a lot of touches at this level.
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Sun May 15, 2016 2:29 pm

goddy11 wrote:A little bit overs here Mickyj. Its only the reserves. I do not however see the point of an academy side. The side is comprise of players that may be discards (I probably am wrong) from other sides, but not eligible for the Power side unless drafted.  The age demographic appears high for upcoming players. (over 18)
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/football/players-and-coaches/academy-players
On the league game, very good signs from the Eagles. Port looked to be playing a defensive game. Some of their AFL listed players looked ordinary. Carlile looks slow and needs more games, Kane Mitchell always gets a lot of touches at this level.

Don't worry I did cop a lashing from a port fan on Facebook
Seems they are the tradition of the SANFL lol
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by scott on Sun May 15, 2016 9:22 pm

Port's reserves have actually been competitive all season until Saturday. Had a good win against Centrals a couple of weeks ago. Eagles reserves are playing real good footy and have been for a couple of seasons.

I last saw Port reserves play Sturt a couple of weeks ago and they only lost by seven points. They had some good players that either played league on Saturday or missed through injury - namely Hawkins, Gray, Cooper and Tylor.

In saying that I don't really see why they need their reserves (or should be allowed to if Adelaide doesn't at least), but given the nature if the league at the moment, I don't really care.
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by scott on Sun May 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Was just curious as well as Eagles are a high handball and run side whereas Port ressies have been playing a predominantly short kicking game all year. Just had a look at the ressies stats from Saturday and I don't think I've ever seen a discrepancy quite like this...

Effective handballs
Eagles - 188
Port - 47

Appleton, Raymond & Haylock had more receives between them (50) than the entire Port side (46).
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Mon May 16, 2016 7:53 am

scott wrote:Was just curious as well as Eagles are a high handball and run side whereas Port ressies have been playing a predominantly short kicking game all year. Just had a look at the ressies stats from Saturday and I don't think I've ever seen a discrepancy quite like this...

Effective handballs
Eagles - 188
Port - 47

Appleton, Raymond & Haylock had more receives between them (50) than the entire Port side (46).

I'll be honest Port looked way below par surely it wasn't all the breeze .
The Eagles seconds play the running game really good wish the league played it as good as them .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by William on Mon May 16, 2016 3:26 pm

I thought Port's kicking skills where awful, they turned turned the ball over in their defensive 50 on a number of occasions, On what I saw there shouldn't be many from the Magpies that will get a game at AFL level any time soon. Thought the Eagles played a solid match, Not playing another game for three weeks now.

I only saw a quarter of the reserves but would agree port reserves looked terrible.
William

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum