Reserves Story

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Reserves Story

Post by RODH2 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:25 pm

Gotta believe that statement..........wish there were more "press releases" like that......... it's in black and white! (port not withstanding! Laughing
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I'm surprised an off the cuff remark by Dittmar has gone so far that sanfl has to issue a statement.

Not that I am berating Port Adelaide the AFL team
But Dittmar supports which AFL team
Seems as I said earlier weeks ago so many media people are Port Adelaide either fans ex players .
Yes Adelaide has some but Port Adelaide produces more .
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by scott on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:40 pm

countrycousin wrote:At Noarlunga last Saturday Sturt's reserves side contained only 2 players who had ever played league footy. Most of the remainder were from last year's U18s. This is now the policy of the Sturt Football Club. I assume the same applied to the South team, and to the majority of other SANFL clubs. The reserves are now mainly a training ground for young players moving from junior development into SANFL league level and beyond. Talk of abolishing it is just plain silly.
Not necessarily the case for South.

Generally our reserves is only comprised of about 3-4 players that would qualify for Under 18s. On the weekend against Sturt, we lost three to an extended league team plus Cross, Liddle, Crabb, etc were missing. We probably played about 15 under 18 players in a reserves squad of 28.

Last edited by scott on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by scott on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:40 pm

santa

Last edited by scott on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by RODH2 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:02 pm

I actually find Lee forthcoming, and not so objectionable......... so, stand up and do WHAT, exactly, waddayamean? "spineless" , gee!! Shocked
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:19 pm

waddayamean wrote:The problem is the SANFL clubs have no balls. Dittmar bowed down to McLaughlin about the womans league recently , prior to strongly disagreeing with it before the interview.
Stand up SANFL boards and stop being so weak. Lee you are on Westies board . You might mouth off here but are you just another spineless one. Sorry to sound harsh but I am over it. Not just you Lee either and you may well voice your opinion but its time board members stopped rolling over and accepting the so called status of being on a board.
I post my honest thoughts on here not what want people want to hear and not sucking up to others.
Its time to stand up and stop sucking up.

So how's about a solution for a change? Rolling Eyes
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:16 pm

What have I not done that makes me spineless, W?

I deleted my post as there's no point in getting into a slanging match.

I suppose I tend to look on the optimistic side about our game, something that had a great reward last season. Very Happy

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:18 am

waddayamean wrote:I shouldn't have said you were spineless as I was generalising. It seems to me at board level the clubs are not strong enough and stand up as one and fight back on some issues. I dont want a slanging match either and read your last post and took no offence. It isn't always about being optimistic and fluffy , this is half the problem. Too much of a easy option to continue saying that. All you have to do is read some footy sites to understand not everyone is optimistic about SANFL footy at the moment.
I applaud you for being on the board Lee , I really do. It's time consuming . Not a personal attack and can I ask that people read my posts and try and see my points before taking the easy way and just have a pot shot to feel "part of the club. "

I'm not having a pot shot at you or anyone . IIRC I got tired of having old blokes complaining at footy games over the AFL teams coming in .
Seeing this being discussed brings up my Arguememt if you don't like what the club or your club is doing stand up for an election to the board .
The old guys who were complaining never ever bothered to run for my clubs board .

Honestly at this point it seems media having nothing to do starting a wild fire .
Once again it's been showed one of the people complaining in the media was or is a port Adelaide fan .
But that's another thing .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:37 am

waddayamean wrote:Not everyone can do that . Some clubs make it quite difficult as well.
I understand that but still before my clubs elections they were going off .
I'm an old bloke I know I run my mouth off . But they had a chance to at least stand but either couldn't or wouldnt.
Me while I don't like the AFL teams I'd go watch my side play against anyone .
While I'll Moan about that crappy academy side of Port id rather watch them play my clubs seconds side than watch a junior zone carnival when the crows play .

Honestly if you can beat your chest and complain then you could put your name down to run .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:53 am

waddayamean wrote:I shouldn't have said you were spineless as I was generalising. It seems to me at board level the clubs are not strong enough and stand up as one and fight back on some issues. I dont want a slanging match either and read your last post and took no offence. It isn't always about being optimistic and fluffy , this is half the problem. Too much of a easy option to continue saying that. All you have to do is read some footy sites to understand not everyone is optimistic about SANFL footy at the moment.
I applaud you for being on the board Lee , I really do. It's time consuming . Not a personal attack and can I ask that people read my posts and try and see my points before taking the easy way and just have a pot shot to feel "part of the club. "

Maybe clubs take the "easy option" as it's hard enough out there without going out of your way to **** off the bosses at SANFL head quarters, considered that?

Would be akin to digging holes for a living and telling the boss your shovel is too big and it's heavy to lift up. You'd just get a smaller shovel and life would be even harder.
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:02 am

waddayamean wrote:The problem is the SANFL clubs have no balls. Dittmar bowed down to McLaughlin about the womans league recently , prior to strongly disagreeing with it before the interview.
Stand up SANFL boards and stop being so weak. Lee you are on Westies board . You might mouth off here but are you just another spineless one. Sorry to sound harsh but I am over it. Not just you Lee either and you may well voice your opinion but its time board members stopped rolling over and accepting the so called status of being on a board.
I post my honest thoughts on here not what want people want to hear and not sucking up to others.
Its time to stand up and stop sucking up.

The problem is the SANFL clubs have no balls. Dittmar bowed down to McLaughlin about the womans league recently , prior to strongly disagreeing with it before the interview.

Dittmar is a commercial radio muppett, what the hell has he got to do with the SANFL?

Calling people spineless for volunteering their time to help run a club board. Mate, you've got some moral compass issues. You know what spineless is? Coming on a forum and calling out people for being actively involved in a positive manner under a cloak of anonymity from the cheap seats at the back. That's spineless.

Move on.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:17 pm

The SANFL notes recent media speculation about the future of its reserves competition.

The speculation is inaccurate and unfounded.

We wish to make it clear that no change is being considered or anticipated with regard to our reserves competition.

No further comment will be made on this matter.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3361/
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:39 pm

Booney wrote:The SANFL notes recent media speculation about the future of its reserves competition.

The speculation is inaccurate and unfounded.

We wish to make it clear that no change is being considered or anticipated with regard to our reserves competition.

No further comment will be made on this matter.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3361/

Perhaps if its been on one radio station that has a power fan on air . Perhaps Port should suggest he get his facts correct .
If its been on more than one radio station ill take that back
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:40 pm

Dittmar is an idiot, if he happens to support Port Adelaide, so what, first and foremost he's a ****** idiot.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:48 pm

Booney wrote:Dittmar is an idiot, if he happens to support Port Adelaide, so what, first and foremost he's a ****** idiot.

Fair enough
But you must admit Port have a lot of either fans or ex players in the media .
This one in Dittmar doesnt seem to have Ports interest at heart . Why would he say the reserves are going where do Ports side then play ?
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:53 pm

Micky, forget it ever happened.

Someone who knows nothing said something stupid, leave it at that. Doesn't matter who he supports, he knows nothing.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Booney wrote:Dittmar is an idiot, if he happens to support Port Adelaide, so what, first and foremost he's a ****** idiot.

Totally agree. Both about Dittmar being an idiot and the fact he is a Port supporter being totally irrelevant to his idiocy.
I am sure he would be an idiot no matter who he supports Very Happy
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Booney wrote:Micky, forget it ever happened.

Someone who knows nothing said something stupid, leave it at that. Doesn't matter who he supports, he knows nothing.

No worries Booney
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum