View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's Now SAN-FUL

Post by Lee on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:19 pm

New logo, new brand as SANFL strives to strengthen image in State football
26 minutes ago
MICHELANGELO RUCCIThe Advertiser
The new SANFL logo.

Are SANFL clubs again ready to revolt?

IT’S now the “SAN-ful” rather than the “S-A-N-F-L”.

The State football league has a new logo — reinforcing the SANFL name it took on in 1927 — for the first time in 36 years. And there is a preference to be known as “SAN-ful” rather than by the league’s initials.

“We’re SAN-ful from here on end,” SANFL chief executive Jake Parkinson said as the new brand and new league strategies were presented across the State.

There also is a new slogan: “We love footy”.

The SANFL resisted dumping the much-questioned “N” in its logo. This was added in 1927 as part of the league’s affiliation with the now-defunct Australian National Football Council (now the AFL).

“To be anything but that (SANFL), people would not recognise us,” Parkinson said. “We can’t move away from that tradition — and be immediately recognisable.”

The “SANFL” has moved from the bottom of the league’s logo to be boldly splashed in blue ink across a new-look shield.

The new logo will be associated with all of the SANFL’s activities across the State, from juniors to the State teams.

“We are much more than a single competition,” Parkinson said. “The new brand is to say we are more than the league.

“We endorse — and embrace — all that is good in football.”

SANFL president John Olsen noted the branding change was designed to “encapsulate all that we do in football”.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Now SAN-FUL

Post by Gingernuts on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:50 pm

Titus O'Reily has given the following rather humorous summary of the SANFL....

Everything you need to know about the SANFL

This week, Essendon approached several SANFL players to play in the NAB Challenge.

This is because many Essendon players will have to sit out due to a giant international conspiracy.

The SANFL were not happy and Essendon have since apologised.

Anyway, you’re probably wondering what is a SANFL? Do I have it and is there a cure? Can you get it from eating frozen berries?

These are good questions, well put.

Rest assured, you probably don’t have SANFL.

Just in case though here’s all you’ll ever need to know:
•The SANFL is South Australia’s Australian Rules state league
•They have real stadiums and teams and everything
•The meaning of the letters ‘SANFL’ is lost in the sands of time
•Apart from building submarines and cars, it is the state’s largest employer
•Formed by the convicts who founded Adelaide, it is older than the A-League and the Big Bash, combined
•A SANFL match has similar rules to the AFL but has three quarters and drinking during the game is encouraged by both players and spectators
•The SANFL match-day program is called the Football Budget because it’s the only thing that makes money in South Australia
•The SANFL’s revenue is over $100 million a season. On a side note, Essendon chairman Paul Little made $350 million today from the sale of Toll
•Instead of pies, you eat a whole stick of mettwurst at a SANFL game
•The SANFL is shown in HD because Channel Seven are the worst and are just trolling the rest of Australia
•The winner of the SANFL gets to operate the Central Market for a year
•Collingwood stole the magpies name and colours from Port Adelaide, a SANFL club. Mention this to a Collingwood supporter whenever you see one
•The playing standard of the SANFL is below the AFL but above a Melbourne v GWS game
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Lee wrote:New logo, new brand as SANFL strives to strengthen image in State football
26 minutes ago
MICHELANGELO RUCCIThe Advertiser
The new SANFL logo.

Are SANFL clubs again ready to revolt?

IT’S now the “SAN-ful” rather than the “S-A-N-F-L”.

The State football league has a new logo — reinforcing the SANFL name it took on in 1927 — for the first time in 36 years. And there is a preference to be known as “SAN-ful” rather than by the league’s initials.

“We’re SAN-ful from here on end,” SANFL chief executive Jake Parkinson said as the new brand and new league strategies were presented across the State.

There also is a new slogan: “We love footy”.

The SANFL resisted dumping the much-questioned “N” in its logo. This was added in 1927 as part of the league’s affiliation with the now-defunct Australian National Football Council (now the AFL).

“To be anything but that (SANFL), people would not recognise us,” Parkinson said. “We can’t move away from that tradition — and be immediately recognisable.”

The “SANFL” has moved from the bottom of the league’s logo to be boldly splashed in blue ink across a new-look shield.

The new logo will be associated with all of the SANFL’s activities across the State, from juniors to the State teams.

“We are much more than a single competition,” Parkinson said. “The new brand is to say we are more than the league.

“We endorse — and embrace — all that is good in football.”

SANFL president John Olsen noted the branding change was designed to “encapsulate all that we do in football”.

Can see the collective mental giants at West Lakes sitting around the table munching on their caviar for 6 months to come up with these landmark decisions. Eff me drunk, they are pathetic
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:49 pm

had heard rumours of this for a while & actually thought they'd be going down the aflsa path......it is all a big joke

san FUL
OlsenFULLofsh1t as are the rest of them
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:22 pm

What a load of C-Grade cliched tripe that Titus O'Reily stuff is. Not to mention patronising.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:32 am

Flag No.10 wrote:What a load of C-Grade cliched tripe that Titus O'Reily stuff is. Not to mention patronising.

You realise he's a satirical sports writer, yes?

Which, when you come to that realisation makes that piece just as hilarious as all his other works. He's brilliant.

Don't take life too seriously.
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:33 am

Booney wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:What a load of C-Grade cliched tripe that Titus O'Reily stuff is. Not to mention patronising.

You realise he's a satirical sports writer, yes?

Oh yes. Well I know it's subjective, but if you find "Do I have SANFL and is there a cure?" hilarious, you must do an awful lot of laughing.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:56 am

I do laugh an awful lot, especially at Titus' offerings. Very witty and should be taken too seriously. Laughing

( How come I've got smilies in here now? )
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:39 pm

Booney wrote:I do laugh an awful lot, especially at Titus' offerings. Very witty and should be taken too seriously. Laughing

( How come I've got smilies in here now? )

I love his work, he doesn't mind taking the **** out of his own team as well which makes a pleasant change.
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:07 pm

I'll bet this is Olsens' brain fade because since he's been president & chairman of the commission & probably before that, that when interviewed on radio he uses the term ''sanfull'' most of the time
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:07 pm

One step closer to AFL-SA.

The nail has just about been placed in the coffin for me Sad
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:33 am

I don't mind the new logo as it's a subtle refresh, but what the hell with the SAN-Ful pronunciation.

About time the SANFL get a new marketing agency in, because SAN-Ful is an epic fail.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by William on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:41 am

Sounds terrible on the tv, SANFL sounds better

William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum