2016 Radio Broadcasts

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Radio Broadcasts

Post by The Hatchet on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:18 pm

Big Phil wrote:Yeah, who are the personnel changes, eartotheground?

I know the SANFL advised CK his weekly previews on their site will cease in season 2016, which is a shame because I always enjoyed them.

Michael Maney is back in Adelaide, so hopefully he will be involved in commentary across some medium and I'm pretty sure, without officially speaking on their behalf, that all the radio guys from last season are keen to go again.

Perhaps the streaming commentary team will get a shake up or it could be something to do with this new media project mentioned previously?

Time will tell, not long until the season starts, now.

Good to hear. can get someone a lot better to do them. hopefully maney does come back to radio also.
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by William on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:01 am

The Hatchet wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Yeah, who are the personnel changes, eartotheground?

I know the SANFL advised CK his weekly previews on their site will cease in season 2016, which is a shame because I always enjoyed them.

Michael Maney is back in Adelaide, so hopefully he will be involved in commentary across some medium and I'm pretty sure, without officially speaking on their behalf, that all the radio guys from last season are keen to go again.

Perhaps the streaming commentary team will get a shake up or it could be something to do with this new media project mentioned previously?

Time will tell, not long until the season starts, now.

Good to hear. can get someone a lot better to do them. hopefully maney does come back to radio also.

Thought the previews were good but were a bit long, who did you have in mind to replace CK?
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:51 am

I thought CK's previews were always interesting, and showed real insight into individual team's strengths and weaknesses.
And yet they keep Zac Milbank.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:17 pm

Don't be at all surprised to see the previews continue, with different author(s).
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:22 pm

eartotheground wrote:Don't be at all surprised to see the previews continue, with different author(s).

yeah, i presume Zac will be doing it
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by William on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:45 am

Could be an idea if a different person did it every week to get a different opinion and different ideas included from week to week?
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:03 am

William wrote:Could be an idea if a different person did it every week to get a different opinion and different ideas included from week to week?

They advised CK he wssn't required, due to budget restraints, I don't think they'll be getting multiple people to do them...

I'd guess it will be handled in-house...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:05 am

I have to say I enjoyed CK's previews.

I'm hoping he might still be doing them for SportsBeat.

if so, we'll post them here.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:22 am

Confirmation this morning that RPH will NOT be broadcasting SANFL this year...

Very didsappointing, indeed...

Not sure if another station will come into the equation, this late in the piece, so I assume that other games will be audio streamed...

From what I am lead to belive, the station weren't able to get the sponsorship they needed to make it viable and not sure they were happy with what the League was bringing to the table...

Stay tuned for any more info as it comes to hand...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:24 am

Big Phil wrote:Confirmation this morning that RPH will NOT be broadcasting SANFL this year...

Very didsappointing, indeed...

Not sure if another station will come into the equation, this late in the piece, so I assume that other games will be audio streamed...

From what I am lead to belive, the station weren't able to get the sponsorship they needed to make it viable and not sure they were happy with what the League was bringing to the table...

Stay tuned for any more info as it comes to hand...

Well, we know better that you know better and understand you cant say anymore on here, not publicly anyway.

Another kick in the guts to a loyal supporter of the competition from the blokes in the AUDI Club on AFL game day.

Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:30 am

Deliberate ongoing sabotage of SANFL.
Panthers64

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:16 pm

Very disappointing news. The SANFL need to be spending some money on supporting and promoting the competition, not worrying about the logo and how we pronounce it.
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Southee on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:11 pm

waddayamean wrote:
Panthers64 wrote:Deliberate ongoing sabotage of SANFL.
How ? That is a very big statement.

Agree Panthers64.

Batten down the hatches will more things to follow ......
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:14 pm

very sad, no respect for a station that ''put in'' for the SANFL for many many years, but we already knew that when they got shafted from the finals last year...............as my protest against it i will only attend Glenelg games only which are pre paid through memberships & will not go to any neutral games unless i get given a ticket here or there, as Scrappy knows i have secured a couple of tickets for the Norwood v Port match, i will not support the league which continues to baffle me with some of their off field decisions

what is is now SAN-FUL ? Yep SAN-FUL LOFSHIT
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Considering the way that 5RPH have been treated by the SANFL in respect to not being considered to broadcast the SANFL finals series, perhaps RPH are better off not to waste their time and effort.

If the SANFL wish to cut off both the RPH Radio and Internet broadcast then that is a backwards step, yet not a very surprising one as the SANFL seems to be on a path to deliberately take the competition backwards in order to get it ready for the transformation to AFLSA. - Deliberately put it on its knees then have the AFL swoop in with offers of financial support for which SANFL club representatives reach for and try to convince the remaining members that its in the clubs best interest.. - Where have we heard this before?

Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:40 am

waddayamean wrote:Can someone please post how the arrangement works. Who pays what ? Think we need the facts.

The dollar value is something that hasn't been disclosed. The SANFL pay the radio station X to broadcast games...

The radio station said that we want this, this and this in the 'package' and the communication broke down between the two parties...

I think the straw that broke the RPH Camel's back was the station having a couple of sponsors not re-commit, at the last minute, which didn't help matters...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by William on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Is there any chance that a compromise can be found between SANFL and RPH, So that games can be broadcast at some point this year if not in round 1? Or Could RPH find other sponsors?

Does this affect Life FM's coverage in anyway?
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:06 pm

William wrote:Is there any chance that a compromise can be found between SANFL and RPH, So that games can be broadcast at some point this year if not in round 1? Or Could RPH find other sponsors?

Does this affect Life FM's coverage in anyway?

I wouldn't have thought the LifeFM coverage changes too much, they may pick up an extra game or two...

As mentioned in the other post, the games RPH would have covered will still be broadcast, just not on a radio platform...

Live audio streaming and Video Streaming will be they'll be done. The SANFL are in the midst of sorting this out, as we speak...

Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by William on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Would Life be able to broadcast 2 games in rounds where this is possible, to pick up some of the RPH games?
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:43 pm

William wrote:Would Life be able to broadcast 2 games in rounds where this is possible, to pick up some of the RPH games?
I wouldn't have thought so, mate...

Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum