2016 Radio Broadcasts

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Radio Broadcasts

Post by Booney on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:41 pm

PhilH wrote:As you wish,  at every Eagles home game we sent out an info flyer to our members promoting what is happening on the day.

We always include the broadcast details.  

As an example this weeks is below.

As I said Phil ( and the Eagles do an excellent job ) I don't think it's up to the clubs mate.
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by William on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:10 pm

Big Phil wrote:It's either have the games streamed or not covered at all...

Are you just talking about this year or about future years as well?
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:48 am

Good to see last night's match video streamed, would be good to see more often, glad it wasn't called by a couple of the other streaming callers, cross and maney should do all streaming calls.
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:03 am

I watched some of the game on streaming last night and it was first-class work.

Such a step-up from some of last year's diabolical efforts.

Well done to all concerned.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:49 am

The Hatchet wrote:Good to see last night's match video streamed, would be good to see more often, glad it wasn't called by a couple of the other streaming callers, cross and maney should do all streaming calls.
Neil Cross has limited availability due to his ABC role and reading the news on weekends...

He will be calling two games this weekend, with the Norwood v Sturt game Friday night and then the West v Eagles game on ANZAC Day...

There will be some more video stream games throughout the course of the year, so stay tuned...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:51 am

Lee wrote:I watched some of the game on streaming last night and it was first-class work.

Such a step-up from some of last year's diabolical efforts.

Well done to all concerned.

Thanks Lee, appreciate the nice feedback...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by scott on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlO-V46oX_M

Remember this game from 2014. One commentator seems pretty good (despite confusing Hender and Hansen), then there's another guy who doesn't know anyone at all (apart from Hender). Do you know who it is Phil?
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by scott on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:10 am

I haven't been able to listen to any live audio streams this year but watching that live video stream back, that was fantastic.

The one criticism and it's absolutely nothing to do with the call itself as it was as professional as you get, but it would be good if the SANFL advertised that the match would be video streamed in the lead up.

The video streaming in general is brilliant and I'd love to see more of it. I can imagine it'll only be invoked on weekends where Seven aren't covering a game?
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:26 pm

scott wrote:I haven't been able to listen to any live audio streams this year but watching that live video stream back, that was fantastic.

The one criticism and it's absolutely nothing to do with the call itself as it was as professional as you get, but it would be good if the SANFL advertised that the match would be video streamed in the lead up.

The video streaming in general is brilliant and I'd love to see more of it. I can imagine it'll only be invoked on weekends where Seven aren't covering a game?

Not publicising the game as being video streamed until just before was at the request of the League and I would assume Norwood...

They would have been concious if it affecting numbers at the gate...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Neil Cross and Phil Herden will be calling the Norwood v Sturt game on Friday night, hopefully joined by Simon Phillips in Special Comments...

Then on ANZAC Day, Neil Cross and Michael Maney will be calling the Grand Final rematch, hopefully to be joined by one of Ben Warren or Matty Lokan in Special Comments...

The others are having a well deserved week off Smile
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Seems like Neil Cross then should have a well-deserved week off Very Happy

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:02 am

Lee wrote:Seems like Neil Cross then should have a well-deserved week off Very Happy

Neil's availability is limited as he is not able to do any Saturday or Sunday games, due to his newsreading job with ABC TV News...

Neil often goes 4-5 weeks without calling a game, hence why he is doing two in the one weekend...

That, and he is a very good caller...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:59 pm

ABC News is on at 7? Mark Soderstrom does weekend matches and is still able to do 6pm news? Question

edit: not having a dig at Neil btw, love listening to him.
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:05 pm

Paul wrote:ABC News is on at 7? Mark Soderstrom does weekend matches and is still able to do 6pm news? Question

edit: not having a dig at Neil btw, love listening to him.

Yes, I know what you are saying but Neil has told me he is not available on Saturday and Sunday's so he doesn't get rostered on those days...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet on Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:22 pm

scott wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlO-V46oX_M

Remember this game from 2014. One commentator seems pretty good (despite confusing Hender and Hansen), then there's another guy who doesn't know anyone at all (apart from Hender). Do you know who it is Phil?

some interesting stuff in that clip, that's for sure.

does show a gap between the top line callers and those still learning, but then again, these fellows may not get to call much.
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum