BBL 2015/2016

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BBL 2015/2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: BBL 2015/2016

Post by Gingernuts on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Depends how much international talent you can attract I suppose. BBL is quickly catching the IPL as far as popularity goes from what I hear.

Getting quite an audience tuning in in the UK apparently.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

BBL 2015/2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: BBL 2015/2016

Post by bayman on Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:47 pm

the affordability of the entrance fee makes it an entertaining & cheap night out, i wish the SANFL would take notice & attract more people to matches
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7396
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

BBL 2015/2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: BBL 2015/2016

Post by Lee on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:51 am

OK, we didn't bat well, but they bowled well and that's cricket.

HOWEVER:

having to defend a gettable target, whose bright idea was it to open with Putland, who hadn't played a game and Holland, a gentle spinner who doesn't take wickets?

Surely we had to put some early pressure on them?
Lee
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7103
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

BBL 2015/2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: BBL 2015/2016

Post by bayman on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 am

Lee wrote:OK, we didn't bat well, but they bowled well and that's cricket.

HOWEVER:

having to defend a gettable target, whose bright idea was it to open with Putland, who hadn't played a game and Holland, a gentle spinner who doesn't take wickets?

Surely we had to put some early pressure on them?

agree with all that, personally i wouldn't have Holland in period (i don't rate him), i reckon he along with a couple of others only got contracts as they were mates of the previous coach, all of whom hail from Victoria, having said that Rashid was the spinner to open with, (1) because he's world class (2) he had momentum, adrenaline & confidence up after his innings (3) the spinners got the Thunder back into the game & subsequently won in the womens' game..............it was a 180-190 pitch & we did well to get to 159 & with a small total we needed early wickets, ''Ussi'' in a class of his own last night
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7396
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

BBL 2015/2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: BBL 2015/2016

Post by Scrappy on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Should there be a final 4 finals system ?
Do the top 2 teams deserve a double chance ?
The highest seeded teams do get an advantage of a home final , but is it enough?

I think the BBL should eventually go with a final 4 format
They will get the extra final , being a preliminary final
That would mean the current 3 finals finals system would become 4 finals





Scrappy
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3708

Back to top Go down

BBL 2015/2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: BBL 2015/2016

Post by robranisgod on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Scrappy wrote:Should there be a final 4 finals system ?
Do the top 2 teams deserve a double chance ?
The highest seeded teams do get an advantage of a home final , but is it enough?

I think the BBL should eventually go with a final 4 format
They will get the extra final , being a preliminary final
That would mean the current 3 finals finals system would become 4 finals






Fantastic post, Scrappy. I wish there was a like button.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Join date : 2012-05-22
Posts : 423

Back to top Go down

BBL 2015/2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: BBL 2015/2016

Post by bayman on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Scrappy wrote:BBL odds for this season
William Hill odds

5-00 MELBOURNE STARS
5-00 PERTH SCORCHERS
6-00 MELBOURNE RENEGADES
7-00 HOBART HURRICANES
8-00 SYDNEY SIXERS
9-00 ADELAIDE STRIKER
9-00 BRISBANE HEAT
9-00 SYDNEY THUNDER

Possible Adelaide Strikers line up
SIMMONS
LUDEMAN
JAYAWARDENE
HEAD
HODGE
ROSS
NESER
RICHARDSON
RASHID
LAUGHLIN
STANLAKE

Others squad members
DEAN
HOLLAND
KEATH
KINGSTON
JUNIOR BOOF
PUTLAND
SMITH

Alex Keath, from Victoria is now playing in SA
Will be interesting to see his progress in 20/20 or SS or AFL
Stanlake looks a promising fast bowler from Queensland
Pollard is injured and out of the tournament

Some interesting names this season
Kumar Sangakkara playing for Hobart
Shane LBWatson playing for Sydney Thunder
Johan Botha playing for Sydney Sixers

Potentially he best opening combo I could see is Gayle /Finch for Melbourne Renegades

Anyone can win this comp
I think the BIG improvers might be Sydney Thunder
They have finished 8-8-8-7 in the 4 BBL seasons
The top order of Kallis/Hussey/Watson means they should make enough runs to be competitive this season


too good scrappy, got it right
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7396
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

BBL 2015/2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: BBL 2015/2016

Post by Scrappy on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:26 pm

bayman wrote:
Scrappy wrote:BBL odds for this season
William Hill odds

5-00 MELBOURNE STARS
5-00 PERTH SCORCHERS
6-00 MELBOURNE RENEGADES
7-00 HOBART HURRICANES
8-00 SYDNEY SIXERS
9-00 ADELAIDE STRIKER
9-00 BRISBANE HEAT
9-00 SYDNEY THUNDER

Possible Adelaide Strikers line up
SIMMONS
LUDEMAN
JAYAWARDENE
HEAD
HODGE
ROSS
NESER
RICHARDSON
RASHID
LAUGHLIN
STANLAKE

Others squad members
DEAN
HOLLAND
KEATH
KINGSTON
JUNIOR BOOF
PUTLAND
SMITH

Alex Keath, from Victoria is now playing in SA
Will be interesting to see his progress in 20/20 or SS or AFL
Stanlake looks a promising fast bowler from Queensland
Pollard is injured and out of the tournament

Some interesting names this season
Kumar Sangakkara playing for Hobart
Shane LBWatson playing for Sydney Thunder
Johan Botha playing for Sydney Sixers

Potentially he best opening combo I could see is Gayle /Finch for Melbourne Renegades

Anyone can win this comp
I think the BIG improvers might be Sydney Thunder
They have finished 8-8-8-7 in the 4 BBL seasons
The top order of Kallis/Hussey/Watson means they should make enough runs to be competitive this season


too good scrappy, got it right

Yes , I did think Sydney Thunder could improve
However I was inaccurate in my assumption
I had overlooked the fact that Khawaja was in the squad

Scrappy
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3708

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum