Any significance to the SANFL?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any significance to the SANFL?

Post by CB10 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 pm

Will these rumoured academies came here and replace the junior development and zones of the SANFL clubs?

Is this a way for the two Adelaide based AFL clubs to cherry pick the best talent from the SANFL clubs and develop them in some sort of academy? Could this make our club based under age squads irrelevant.

What are the ramifications if any or am I jumping at shadows?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-plan-to-restructure-development-of-young-talent-20151027-gkk0vd.html#ixzz3plVY5aiD
CB10

Back to top Go down

Re: Any significance to the SANFL?

Post by Brucetiki on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:56 pm

I don't think they will in SA, as unlike the northern states, there are already strong junior programs here.

Back in the pre-GWS days, the Crows did have a NSW academy - Taylor Walker and Aiden Riley were the products from that academy.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by CB10 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:04 pm

afl.com.au/news/2016-02-03/victorian-clubs-handed-afl-funding-for-academies

Well now the Vics have zones, two other clubs will be screaming out that it's unfair on them. They'll need them too.
IMO they'll try to carve up the comp into two halves with SANFL teams tied to either team. Just like the father/son rule.
I'm sure the players will play with their SANFL club initially but they'll be tied to one of the AFL clubs here.
Then down the track the AFL clubs here will need more control and so their academy team will join our under age comp.
Of course with the pick of the crop from their zone (which is our zone really)!

Hope I'm wrong!
CB10

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:24 pm

Don't the Power academy play in the SANFL seconds
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by coza on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:31 pm

mickyj wrote:Don't the Power academy play in the SANFL seconds
Yep they do. It's a bloody joke all this. I bet the crows will have a team in our reserves comp in the next two seasons also.
coza

Back to top Go down

Post by coza on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:40 pm

No afl in the sanfl. We're are the big crowds they said would come to watch the crows and power reserves play extra 3000 I think they said. We have to play a shorter season, games wise because of the afl sides need there break. Bloody soft, if it was an 8 team comp 21 game season. Play each other three times two home games and one away v each team then rotate the next season so it's even. Top 4 first play 2nd at top teams home for a spot in gf 3rd play 4th at 3rd teams home for a spot in prelim. I feel good now that I have got that off my chest lol, now I can get back to reality and feel sad about my sanfl again. But I will be at all my clubs games as always.
coza

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:59 pm

Personally I think their last 'restructure' where they axed the U/17 and U/19 competitions was a strong step backwards for the SANFL clubs. Perhaps the old adage applies that if it is not broken, then do not try to fix it?
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:43 pm

This is really aimed at kids 11-16 who are from non-traditional football backgrounds or are indigenous boys and girls.

If anyone took the time to read this you will see that they aren't academy sides like Sydney has and it's about talent identification not recruiting them to your club, as such.

If Adelaide and Port get zoning similar to that of the Victorian AFL sides it may help the SANFL clubs by having more talent identification representatives in the zones, picking up on who is the stand out junior boys and girls.

Neither Adelaide or Port have U16 development teams, neither have U18's, this isn't an issue for SANFL clubs, a bonus, if anything.

Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:56 pm

You're quite correct, Booney, except for the last sentence.

There has already been more than one attempt made to persuade academy members to play for Port Magpies instead of their SANFL team.

I support the Academy here if that stops happening.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:19 pm

11-16 year olds, from non-traditional Australian Rules Football backgrounds?
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:31 pm

Booney wrote:This is really aimed at kids 11-16 who are from non-traditional football backgrounds or are indigenous boys and girls.

If anyone took the time to read this you will see that they aren't academy sides like Sydney has and it's about talent identification not recruiting them to your club, as such.

If Adelaide and Port get zoning similar to that of the Victorian AFL sides it may help the SANFL clubs by having more talent identification representatives in the zones, picking up on who is the stand out junior boys and girls.

Neither Adelaide or Port have U16 development teams, neither have U18's, this isn't an issue for SANFL clubs, a bonus, if anything.

Let me suggest that kids that play footy in the old port adelaide areas that port adelaide gave up to be in the afl play for their current sanfl zoned clubs , if they are taken by that academy side they dont last very long in the port adelaide club only until their early 20s .
You mention indigenous aboriginal (depends on the person which they prefer my granny was Aboriginal ) are the ones in the port academy they can not be from port adelaides zone that was given up to be in the afl .
So Port can not have a junior side in the sanfl those rights were given up to play in the AFL.
And if they are good enough then they should be on the SANFL sides team whatever age.
I cant name the numbers who have left the academy side anyone have a clue ? I did read some left Port and returned great fully to north adelaide .
But really watching ports academy side is boring worse is no reserves game before the crows .
But my point really is the Power gave up any rights to have juniors they need to accept it and play on.
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by coza on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Mr lokan the glenelg coach was saying the sanfl are having a cap on interchange this season of 50 is this true as I haven't heard this before today, I know the afl is having a cap. ?
coza

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Yes that's right, plus up to 3 changes at each quarter break.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by coza on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Yes that's right, plus up to 3 changes at each quarter break.
so you can make three changers every break aswel. This will help clean up this boring zoning game teams play I hope, it will open games up more and the fit sides like the afl filled ones will be better for it (hope not).be good to see a tall ruckman or forward resting in the goal mouth with a guy on him and not having all the forwards playing across the center of the ground. We need the sanfl to be exciting again get the crowds back and play attacking footy goals goals and more goals is what we want.
coza

Back to top Go down

Post by William on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:13 am

I received an email from WWTFC today with the number of members signed up so far, was very surprised by the low number.
William

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum