2016 Player INS and OUTS Discussion

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Player INS and OUTS Discussion

Post by IAmTheWarrior on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:22 pm

Bayman you're just being ridiculous. You make it seem like he's been taken against his will, when in actual fact, Paul Thomas has been doing AFL coaches' training for the last few years, with his position teaching/coaching at Henley part of his plan to move into senior coaching at some point in the future. As far as I can see he's been pretty clear about his intentions in general and in the non football workforce, it's actually not unusual to tell your current employers you've got a job rather than telling them you're going for it. Given the ridiculous reaction from Laird in the article I'm not surprised he chose that path. I wonder how many country or suburban teams give their permission for Centrals (and all other SANFL clubs) to talk to their players before they discover they've signed up.
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:46 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:Bayman you're just being ridiculous. You make it seem like he's been taken against his will, when in actual fact,  Paul Thomas has been doing AFL coaches' training for the last few years, with his position teaching/coaching at Henley part of his plan to move into senior coaching at some point in the future. As far as I can see he's been pretty clear about his intentions in general and in the non football  workforce, it's actually not unusual to tell your current employers you've got a job rather than telling them you're going for it. Given the ridiculous reaction from Laird in the article I'm not surprised he chose that path. I wonder how many country or suburban teams give their permission for Centrals (and all other SANFL clubs) to talk to their players before they discover they've signed up.

now c'mon IATW, all i've done is asked if it was the same job that Jason was offered, surely this is a fair & reasonable question................................

anyway good luck with your horse running at Melton tonight & hopefully he can pick up a cheque for you Cool
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:02 pm

Perhaps in both cases a phone call out of courtesy wouldn't have been too much to ask?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:54 pm

Anyone see the somewhat hypocrisy of the Crows in this appointment - they kicked up one hell of a stink when Essendon approached Worsfold in August, yet they've effectively done the same here.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:12 pm

Lee wrote:Perhaps in both cases a phone call out of courtesy wouldn't have been too much to ask?

That's exactly what happened when Central got Jason 'Pumpa' Sutherland down from the Berri FC part way through their season, a couple of years ago...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:12 am

Brucetiki wrote:Anyone see the somewhat hypocrisy of the Crows in this appointment - they kicked up one hell of a stink when Essendon approached Worsfold in August, yet they've effectively done the same here.

I'm sure some of you do see the hypocrisy, however I'll point out the differences. Essendon approached Worsfold during the season, while Adelaide was still right in the mix for finals by sending a well publicised delegation to meet him and then carried out their coach search through the media which could have been (probably wasn't) a distraction for the crows while they still had games to play.

On the other hand, the negotiations with Thomas have been done behind closed doors, seemingly after the season has ended so there could be no potential for on field distraction.

Anyway, good luck to Thomas, I hope he rises through the ranks and has a long and distinguished career at the coaching caper.
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Anyone see the somewhat hypocrisy of the Crows in this appointment - they kicked up one hell of a stink when Essendon approached Worsfold in August, yet they've effectively done the same here.

Didn't Centrals recently do similar with a coach from their feeder league? (I don't know the details, so perhaps the circumstances were different) Think we all just have to accept it comes with the territory, albeit we don't have to like it.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Former Collingwood listed player Trent Stubbs has signed with the bloods. Is good mates with Kaine Stevens apparently.

BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:55 pm

BloodnTars wrote:Former Collingwood listed player Trent Stubbs has signed with the bloods. Is good mates with Kaine Stevens apparently.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3252/
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:19 am

MEDIA RELEASE

Panthers Pounce on Trio of New Signings

South Adelaide Football Club are pleased to announce the signings of forward/utility Cameron Hitchcock, midfielder Richard Newell and defender Cameron De Visser for the 2016 IGA SANFL Season.

Hitchcock, 25, is an elusive goal sneak with experience at AFL and SANFL level after stops at Port Adelaide Power, Glenelg and Port Adelaide Magpies.

Senior Coach Brad Gotch is excited by the addition of Hitchcock having coached him during his time with the Power.

“Cam is an exciting small forward with great pace, agility and elusiveness, who had a tough run with injuries during his time in the AFL system,” said Gotch.

“Losing Brent Macleod we needed another goal option and Cam adds a bit of speed, pressure and class to our forward line.
“He’s keen to play at a high standard of footy after a year playing in the country and we’re excited to see what he can do for us in 2016.”

Newell is a 22-year-old elite runner, who also brings AFL and SANFL experience to the Panthers, having spent three years on Brisbane Lions rookie list before playing the last two seasons with West Adelaide.

“Richard has a really big engine and we think he’ll be able to excel on our big ground,” said Gotch.

“He was starved a bit for opportunity the past couple of years at West because of their depth, but we think we can play him in a variety of roles

“He is also an impressive young man to talk to. A good character that we think will fit in really well with our current playing group, work really hard and push others with his fitness.”

Former Panther Cameron De Visser also returns to Noarlunga after one season playing alongside Hitchcock with Ironbank in the Hills Football League.

“I coached Cam during my first year at South (2014) and he was really stiff to miss out on playing League towards the end of the year,” said Gotch.

“He was really strong for us in the Reserves, but got injured before he could really crack the League side.

“Cam’s a very versatile player who is also another great character guy that is always continuing to learn.”

South Adelaide are still in ongoing discussions with several players and are hopeful of making further announcements following the AFL Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts.
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:06 pm

ben sawford and Jack Haarsma join the Bays.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3255/

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:17 pm

A few others on the move shortly I believe.
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Lewie Hender will be announced as a North recruit shortly, he has signed
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 am

Lee wrote:ben sawford and Jack Haarsma join the Bays.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3255/

Some talk the Power may look to Rookie List Ben Sawford?

If they did, he'd be back to Magpies...

If not, is a really good pick up for the Tigers...

I was calling the night at The Bay, against Glenelg, where he had 40 odd touches and kicked 4 goals...

He is a very good player at SANFL level...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Brodie Martin and Aiden Riley are both back at Sturt.

Sturt have also picked up Dillon Mullins (Eagles) and Bradley Coulson (Port)
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:52 pm

With all these quality players and more to come, next season is going to be a beauty
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:21 am

Paul wrote:Brodie Martin and Aiden Riley are both back at Sturt.

Sturt have also picked up Dillon Mullins (Eagles) and Bradley Coulson (Port)

That's 2 hard nut units (Martin and Riley) that the Blues need in the engine room.
Good pick ups.
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:45 am

A lot of clubs talking to a lot of players right now.

Plenty of players wanting to play SANFL.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog on Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Yes but are any of them any good
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:27 am

Daniel Gorringe not returning to the Parade, he has been signed by Carlton.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:52 pm

Another blow for the Redlegs with Liam Davis an OUT to head back to local footy..

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/News/LATESTNEWS/LIAM_DAVIS_LEAVES_THE_LEGS.aspx

I am lead to belive the Legs are chasing an Tiger with just a little bit of Crows experience...

Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:03 pm

Big Phil wrote:Another blow for the Redlegs with Liam Davis an OUT to head back to local footy..

I am lead to belive the Legs are chasing an Tiger with just a little bit of Crows experience...

Well I'd say it's either Jarrhan Jacky or, more improbably, Chris Knights.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Another blow for the Redlegs with Liam Davis an OUT to head back to local footy..

Well I'd say it's either Jarrhan Jacky or, more improbably, Chris Knights.

No, this player in question is currently on the Bays playing list now...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Just looked at the bay's list and only Jacky had an association with the crows. I think you're thinking of Tom Redden. The Tom Redden at the bay's now is not the same one that was on the crows rookie list about 8 or so years ago. Last I heard he was playing in the country somewhere.

Edit: Just read they've signed Josh Miller. Certainly wasn't on any crows list.
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:37 pm

Was he on the Crows SANFL books?
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top