2016 Player INS and OUTS Discussion

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Player INS and OUTS Discussion

Post by Big Phil on Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:17 pm

eartotheground wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
eartotheground wrote:
southern bulldog wrote:Big Phil i heard he might have burnt a bridge before he headed up to the Gold Coast and i know North are searching far and wide looking for players.

If he returns to SANFL, it won't be with Central

The coach that Josh had a run-in with is no longer at Central...

I wouldn't be so sure of it, eartotheground, but time will tell. As mentioned elsewhere, there is nothing official about him leaving GC Suns, yet.

You might know more about that, though, eartothrground?

Hence why IF he returns, Phil.

Okay, eartotheground...

I tend to disagree with you, though...

If Josh Glenn does quit the Suns and turn his back on the AFL, from what I have heard there is a good chance he'll either be with Willaston or Central District, but more likely Willaston...

As I've said, time will tell, I guess...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Big Phil on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:26 am

waddayamean wrote:Phil you still seem concerned if someone has more knowledge than yourself. You get very defensive for some reason ? It's obvious that ETTG is amongst it and not at a club level. He said IF not when. He may get delisted and as you say then we will all know .

No worries, waddyamean, thanks for that Smile
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:33 am

Confirmation of a couple of OUTS discussed or suggested on here...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3241/

I think Lewis Hender still has a bit ot offer at SANFL level and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at North Adelaide...

Glad to see Pat Wilson back at Sturt, I liked the look of him...

Big loss for Central, with both key forwards going in Retzlaff and Kemp, they'll need to recruit a couple of key forwards now...

Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Midfielder Andrew Moore was delisted by The Power today, so will be an OUT for the Magpies...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:15 pm

An interesting article on Josh Glenn from the Gold Coast Suns...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/sport/homesick-gold-coast-footballer-josh-glenn-considering-quitting-suns-and-returning-to-adelaide/story-fni9llzu-1227579959701?sv=38b188ebc9d597b9cb3da91c1a4e9619

Matt Tuner @ Messenger wrote:GOLD Coast rookie Josh Glenn is weighing up a return to Adelaide after just one season at the Suns because of homesickness.

Speculation suggests Glenn, 21, could quit the Suns to join country club Willaston next season, though he shot that down as “just rumours”.

But the former Central District midfielder, who played five AFL games this year, admitted he was battling “plenty” of homesickness and was considering ending his time at Gold Coast.

Glenn said he started missing family and friends mid-season after an ankle injury sidelined him for about a month.

“I’m not sure what I’m doing yet – I’m probably in between,” Glenn said.

“(Homesickness) came in probably two months before the season ended, going through injuries and being bored all the time.

“Not having my family and friends around me to support is probably the biggest thing.

“Being at the footy club wasn’t too bad but outside of footy, you’ve got nothing to do and you just think about how good it was back home.”

A Gold Coast spokesman said the Suns were in discussions with Glenn about his playing future ahead of all clubs submitting their first list lodgement to the league on Friday.

The smooth-moving left-footer’s rise to the AFL was unconventional.

Just three years ago, he was playing division four amateur football for Elizabeth Eagles after quitting Central District’s under-18s.

He returned to the SANFL with the Bulldogs in 2013 and starred at league level that year, only to raise eyebrows when he opted not to nominate for the draft.

Last year he entered the drafts and Gold Coast rookie-listed him.

At the time, he was living at home with his parents in Elizabeth Grove and told The Advertiser he was nervous about moving interstate.

Glenn collected 21 disposals and kicked a goal on debut against Brisbane in May.

But as the season went on he would Skype his family most weeks and struggled to adjust to being a fulltime footballer in an unknown city.

“Footy becomes a chore and then you start not enjoying your footy, then you’re all over the place.”

Glenn said the Suns were keen to keep him so it was his call if he wanted to stay.

This week he is in Adelaide enjoying some off-season down time with family, who are urging him not to turn his back on his AFL career.

“It’s up to me if I want to go back and go through what I went through last season with no family, no friends and stuff like that,” Glenn said.

“I’ve still got time to think about going back to the Gold Coast.”

Glenn said he did not regret the decision to nominate for last year’s rookie draft.

Nor does he think he would regret walking away from the Suns if it came to that.

“I don’t think so.

“In the end it’s up to me and they (family) will respect the decision I make.”

Will be interesting to see what transpires here and whether or not he ends up in the SANFL or the country leagues somewhere...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Big Phil on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:42 pm

waddayamean wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Phil you still seem concerned if someone has more knowledge than yourself. You get very defensive for some reason ? It's obvious that ETTG is amongst it and not at a club level. He said IF not when. He may get delisted and as you say then we will all know .

No worries, waddyamean, thanks for that Smile

No problem , self awareness is a good thing .

Indeed, it is...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Redlegs Premiership winning small forward Kane Murphy has finished up with Norwood, deciding to return home to Sydney.
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Eagles chasing four former players recently delisted from the AFL in the last few months...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3243/

Scott McMahon (North Melbourne), Jarrad Redden (Port Adelaide), Matt McDonough (Richmond) Cameron Giles (Carlton)
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:17 am

I'm not sure how they could fit 2 of them in under the cap let alone all four, considering what guys like Boyd, Wundke, Ainger, Thompson and Jarrad would be commanding.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:50 am

Agreed...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:18 am

Big Phil wrote:Eagles chasing four former players recently delisted from the AFL in the last few months...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3243/

Scott McMahon (North Melbourne), Jarrad Redden (Port Adelaide), Matt McDonough (Richmond) Cameron Giles (Carlton)

yep..there should be no problems fitting 4 ex AFL players under a salary cap that must already be bursting at the seams... Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Is one club which missed the finals about to announce a couple of big name recruits from other SANFL clubs?
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:37 pm

eartotheground wrote:Is one club which missed the finals about to announce a couple of big name recruits from other SANFL clubs?

Did the club(s) said players may be coming from participate in finals last year?
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:04 pm

I fail to see how the Eagles could sign 4 ex AFL Players.
McMahon and Redden would demand a significant
wage.
They already have a number of players that would be paid a handsome salary

The Eagles must be on a different salary cap to the rest of the SANFL Clubs
They are not expected to lose any players from last year and those
players would expect an increase in their wages given they came second.
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Wouldn't worry too much mate, you are the reigning premiers and (IMHO) still have improvement in you.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:20 pm

eartotheground wrote:Is one club which missed the finals about to announce a couple of big name recruits from other SANFL clubs?

can i suggest North Adelaide ? i know for a fact Josh Carr has been relentless at ringing up uncontracted players that i personally know, most have signed with their clubs since
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:43 am

Matthew Wright cut by Adelaide.
It's a little odd to me that a guy can be in your best 22 players 16 times in a season, and a few weeks later he's not in your best 42.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:05 pm

Central District midfielder Jackson Potter is an OUT for the Dogs in 2016...

The hard-nosed left footed on-baller found some pretty good form, including kicking goals, in the back half of the season...

He is returning home to Sydney after 3 years at Elizabeth...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Matt Thomas has been delisted by Richmond so no doubt Mark Ross and the Norwood FC will be calling to see if the Magarey Medalist is keen to return back to South Australia...

Former North Adelaide mature-age recruit Nathan Gordon has been delisted by the Tigers, as well, so I'd suspect Josh Carr would be ringing to gauge his interest in a return to SA, perhaps...

Former Rooster junior Matthew Wright has been delisted by the Adelaide Crows this afternoon, also. If another AFL club doesn't offer him a life-line, I'd suspect he'll be chased by North, as well...

Former South Adelaide listed player Tom Fields also delisted today, by Carlton. I think I read on here the booming left-footer might be keen on punting in the States, if not the Panthers would love him back, no doubt...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:21 am

Paul Thomad had retired to take up a position as a development coach at the Crows. Big loss for the Dogs
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:31 am

brodlach wrote:Paul Thomad had retired to take up a position as a development coach at the Crows. Big loss for the Dogs

Huge loss for the Doggies, he was in great form this season, finishing runner up in the B&F...

With a young family, don't blame him for setting himself up for the future, in an industry that he has wanted to work in...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Those that follow Our Sporting Life SA's Faceboom page will see Centrals are not happy with the way the Crows handled the appointment

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:45 pm

is this the same job Jason Porplycia was recently offered ?

so they want to develop their own players & then they poach players/coaches from SANFL clubs who weren't doing enough under the old system !!!!
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum