2016 Player INS and OUTS Discussion

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Player INS and OUTS Discussion

Post by Big Phil on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:39 pm

BloodnTars wrote:Just read they've signed Josh Miller. Certainly wasn't on any crows list.

brodlach wrote:Was he on the Crows SANFL books?

Yes, he was. Played a couple of games in their first year with an SANFL side. That was my Crows connection...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:04 am

Not a player, but long-serving Central District Assistant Coach Gavin Chaplin is an OUT for the Bulldogs in 2016...

Is apparently coaching Salisbury North in SAAFL Division 1 footy next year...

A big loss for the Dogs off-field brigade...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:02 pm

Big Phil wrote:
BloodnTars wrote:Just read they've signed Josh Miller. Certainly wasn't on any crows list.

Yes, he was. Played a couple of games in their first year with an SANFL side. That was my Crows connection...

Josh Miller has not played any games with Adelaide, has only played league or reserves with Glenelg.
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:09 pm

eartotheground wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Josh Miller has not played any games with Adelaide, has only played league or reserves with Glenelg.

For some reason, I thought I saw him play for Adelaide against South, at Noarlunga...

Perhaps that was his League debut game for Glenelg that I was thinking off, which was against the Panthers...

Anyway, I seem to at least recall he was in the initial squad for the Adelaide Crows SANFL side...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Norwood confirmed Anthony Wilson is returning to the Redlegs and they have signed Glenelg big man Josh Miller...

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/News/LATESTNEWS/PACE_AND_SIZE_ADDED_TO_THE_LEGS.aspx

Wilson is a good get for them and adds plenty of pace while Miller will add to the depth of key position players, no doubt...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:30 pm

Mitch Harvey, Matt McDonough, Sam Gordon and Lewis Hender signed by North.

The North Adelaide Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of 4 new players for season 2016;

READ FULL ARTICLE

The North Adelaide Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of 4 new players for season 2016;

Mitch Harvey – 20 years old, 197cm & 94kg. Mitch returns to North Adelaide after two seasons in the AFL with Port Power. Mitch is a key forward who will provide a strong target inside 50 and is a reliable shot for goal.

Matt McDonough – 21 years old, 180cm & 82kg, recruited from Richmond. Matt returns to South Australia and possesses an elite kick and good decision making skills. Matt will play through the midfield

Lewis Hender – 22 years old, 187cm & 90kg, recruited from Glenelg. Lewis is a medium sized midfielder/forward who has a powerful left foot kick who is dangerous around goals.

Sam Gordon – 22 years old, 194cm & 90kg, recruited from Port Magpies. Sam is a key position player who has good speed and provides a strong contest.

We welcome all 4 players to the Roosters for season 2016 and beyond.

Players that will not be at North Adelaide for the 2016 season are;

Greg Gallman – Old Ignatians

Todd Miles – Barossa Districts

Alan Obst – Barossa Districts

Toby Schulz

Jesse O’Brien

Rhys O’Keeffe

Darren Shillabeer – Barossa Districts

Heath Caldwell - Employment in Darwin

Luke Mitchell

Lachie Robinson

We thank all of the above for their contribution and commitment to the North Adelaide Football Club and we wish them well in their future pathways, both on and off the field.

The rest of the 2015 playing list has committed for season 2016.

We are still in discussions with potential recruits and will announce once we have their commitment.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:08 pm

Some good gets there for the Roosters...

As long as Lewis Hender concentrates on playing and not starting fights, he'll be pretty handy for North...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:36 pm

must have some serious coin at Prospect....especially after what they paid for their coach.. Shocked Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:02 pm

blueandwhite wrote:must have some serious coin at Prospect....especially after what they paid for their coach.. Shocked Rolling Eyes

They do, but I wouldn't have thought all of the new faces would be that expensive. Coupled with their player losses and I'd expect the Roosters to add a few more decent names yet.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Big Phil wrote:Some good gets there for the Roosters...

As long as Lewis Hender concentrates on playing and not starting fights, he'll be pretty handy for North...

Lewie wasn't ''let go'' by Glenelg for any on field scuffles, i'll let sleeping dogs lie as it isn't fair to him to post the main reason why he was ''let go''........would he be the first player in the leadership group (at the start of the season) to be at another club the next year ?
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:31 am

I think there have been many.

I can recall some from West over the years.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:50 am

Norwood announce some more signings, including Luke Mitchell from North, Jake Sutcliffe (Adelaide SANFL) and Lyndon Hupfeld (GWS Academy).

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:28 am

Some good signings by several clubs, but some look like 'project' and 'top up' signings, which are very necessary.

Will the real action start in the next two weeks or so?

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:42 pm

Lee wrote:Some good signings by several clubs, but some look like 'project' and 'top up' signings, which are very necessary.

Will the real action start in the next two weeks or so?

Like most years, post the AFL Drafts, including Rookie, the clubs then start announcing more recruits...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Norwood announce some more signings, including Luke Mitchell from North, Jake Sutcliffe (Adelaide SANFL) and Lyndon Hupfeld (GWS Academy).
Norwood will remember Luke Mitchell well from the ANZAC Day clash a couple of years ago at Adelaide Oval where he kicked a bag, took a heap of grabs and, for what would have been a very rare occasion, made then Legs skipper Kieran McGuinness look average...

Apart from that, spent a lot of time injured or struggling in the Roosters twos. Will be interesting to see how he goes on the small deck at The Parade...

Last edited by Big Phil on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Think he kicked 7 including 4 in the last quarter as Norh ran riot. From memory, most of them were kicked on Alex Forster, but admit my memory might be off.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:53 pm

Scrunch wrote:Think he kicked 7 including 4 in the last quarter as Norh ran riot. From memory, most of them were kicked on Alex Forster, but admit my memory might be off.

I remember I calling this game for RPH and commenting that it was rare to see McGuinness beaten like that...

I think Forster did spend some time on him, as well, yes...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:12 pm

Actually I think you might be right, bloody hell the Grey Matter really is getting on when I can't remember my footy from 18 months ago.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:37 pm

SANFL site reports ex-Adelaide ruckman Jack Osborn signing with Sturt.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:56 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:SANFL site reports ex-Adelaide ruckman Jack Osborn signing with Sturt.
Confirmed by a email from the club. They might start calling us the Sturt Crows next year. Laughing But seriously, Osborn, Martin and Riley are good additions, along with Patrick Wilson returning after a break. I believe Smith has departed along with Vitkunas, Montgomery and Wundke. I'd expect there will be others, but I think we're ahead on quality.
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:41 am

Less so, cc, if you add in Coad, Kurtze and Duldig.

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Josh Glenn officially signed with Willaston...

Picture of him, with a Donnybrooks Polo shirt, on their Facebook page...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Lee wrote:Less so, cc, if you add in Coad, Kurtze and Duldig.
I knew I'd get picked up on that as soon as I posted it. Laughing  You're right of course and it raises an interesting point about recruiting in today's world. Continually trying to replace players like Coad and Kurtze, who were developed though the junior system years ago, with ready made guys of similar ability and experience, from outside the club, is ultimately a losing game. It's what we've been doing over the last few years, and it's why we've completely restructured our football department, to try to change the balance of home grown vs imported players in our league squad. It won't happen over night of course, hence Osborn. Without sounding churlish, I suspect some of the fringe players are jumping before they're pushed, because we are going to change the balance of juniors in our reserves next year. It's pointless having our reserves playing finals, propped up by players who have failed at league level, while the league team struggles to avoid the wooden spoon, as happened to us this year.
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Wise words, cc.

It needs a lot of luck and patience.  Westies struggled for years with filling up holes with imported players.  Some were very good, a lot weren't so good.

Then we got a crop of very talented youngsters (Snelling, Haysman, Brind, Francis, Bonner, etc) and that enthusiasm and skill helped.

There was another group, though.  All West juniors who'd been good players for some time, but are now regarded as very talented players - Green, Fielke, Beech, Hartlett, Caire, Keough, Middleton, Schiller, etc.

Out of that, we had 19 of the 25 who played finals had come through our juniors.

Different feeling, very united, good mates.

Also interesting that the 6 others were Tuck (brother played for us), Willits (returning), Milne (not required at Glenelg), Stevens (inexpensive recruit, now elite), Hill (7 years at West) and new recruit Wasley-Black (again inexpensive, but huge upside).

Oh, ex-juniors Schmidt and Porplyzia were handy.

I'd guess Norwood's premiership teams had a high local content also? Centrals similar?

Last edited by Lee on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:11 am

Yes, Norwood were fortunate when they started their run in 2012 and continued in 2013 to have juniors such as Aish, Dumont and Fantasia. The quality of juniors coming through is cyclical, but when you have a few like these (and Westies' crop of 2015) it's a pretty handy leg up given these lads take such minimal portion of the Cap. Of course you need the right balance of older homegrowns and recruits, as just getting 1 of those 3 areas right isnt enough. It's a very difficult task to get that balance right and even harder to maintain it.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum