Players leaving mid season - Carlton and Henderson.

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Players leaving mid season - Carlton and Henderson.

Post by Ben W on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:27 pm

From the Herald Sun,

"Carlton controversially cut Henderson last week after he told them he wanted to join another club, understood to be Geelong.

Asked if they would want a first-round pick in return for losing the tall utility, McKay said "absolutely - and some, I reckon.

"Lachie's a very good player and it's unfortunate he's had an average season, form-wise.

"But I think he had a fair bit on his mind all season that really affected his game.

"He's a very good player when he's up and about, so we're expecting a fair bit for Lachie."

I note that in the NRL it is common for a player to sign a contract with a rival club and play out the season with their club, Karmichael Hunt even signed an AFL contract and played out his season with his NRL club. Yet the AFL seems to be a long way from that. I do wonder why that is the case in the AFL? If Carlton cut Henderson, could they be seen to be tanking by not playing their best available team, or is their argument that Henderson is not amongst their best 18, yet they expect a first round pick for him anyway?
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Players leaving mid season - Carlton and Henderson.

Post by Booney on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:35 pm

On the flip side Brisbane tell former skipper Jed Adcock you won't be with us next year and he gets selected and plays for them on Saturday night.

Anywho, the NRL and the AFL can't be compared. No draft, tanking issues, player managers talking to other clubs etc in the AFL.

Henderson is not worthy of a first round pick "and some". He's a second rounder at best IMO. He just looked good in Carltons F50 'coz they're **** and they've got nobody else up there!
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:On the flip side Brisbane tell former skipper Jed Adcock you won't be with us next year and he gets selected and plays for them on Saturday night.

Anywho, the NRL and the AFL can't be compared. No draft, tanking issues, player managers talking to other clubs etc in the AFL.

Henderson is not worthy of a first round pick "and some". He's a second rounder at best IMO. He just looked good in Carltons F50 'coz they're **** and they've got nobody else up there!

Agree. No way he's a first round pick. Tell em they're dreaming.
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Probably trade him for a set of jousting sticks Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:07 pm

Want to be some pretty rough jousting sticks.
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:46 pm

this is the EXACT reason why players that intend to leave say either absolutely nothing or something like i'll weigh it up at the end of the season
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum