Coad & Duldig

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coad & Duldig

Post by Paul on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Sturt Football Club Co-Captain Michael Coad and key forward Matthew Duldig have advised Players, Coaches and Support Staff of their intention to retire after the Round 20 match against North Adelaide.

Coad has played 143 League Games for Sturt and captained of the Club since 2013. He spent 2 years on the Gold Coast Suns list where he played 6 games. Coad suffered a severe hamstring injury in his 1st year and 2nd game that forced him to miss the remainder of the season.

Coad has an extensive list of achievements at Sturt that include;
• Captain 2013-2014
• Co-Captain 2015
• Leading goal kicker 2014
• Played in the 2014 State Team
• Named in The Advertiser SANFL Team of the Year in 2009 and 2014
• Played in the 2009 Grand Final

“All I ever wanted to do was to play for the Double Blues and I was lucky enough to do that for 12 years. I love the Club and the decision to retire was a very hard one to make but one that I feel was right," said Michael Coad.

Senior Coach Maloney said “Coady has had a fantastic career for the Double Blues. He came across as a skinny young bloke with some talent from Tumby Bay in 2002 and from there has worked very hard on his game to play AFL football with the Gold Coast Suns and be a star at SANFL level. His versatility and durability has been amazing as he has been very damaging in many different positions as well as overcoming some major career and life threatening injuries along the way. I thank him for all he has done as a player for the Double Blues and wish him all the best in the future.”

Duldig played 94 League Games with Glenelg before spending 2010 at the Angaston Football Club. In 2011 Duldig moved to Sturt and has played 71 League games and kicked 166 goals. He was awarded the Rick Davies Medal for leading goal kicker in 2011 and 2013.

“I want to thank the Sturt Football Club for giving me the opportunity to extend my SANFL career. I’ve loved my time at the Club and have met some fantastic people,” said Matt Duldig.

Senior Coach Maloney said “Matt has been with us for the last 5 years after starting his career with Glenelg. He has been a real constant through that time both on and off field with an extremely positive attitude and consistent form as a key forward. His ability to read the ball in the air and think quicker than his opponent has meant he has given opposition sides many headaches. He will be greatly missed around the club and no doubt has a very bright future in the football industry.”

The Sturt Football Club wish both Michael and Matt all the very best and thank them for their services to the Club. We will be honouring both players this Saturday 22 August when the Club takes on Adelaide Football Club in our last home game of the season.
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Coad & Duldig

Post by Lee on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Two terrific players and they'll be missed at Sturt.

Congratulations to both of them on fine careers.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Yeah, Coad stitched us up at Unley early this year and looked as good as ever.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:51 pm

Congratulations to both guys. Both very good players.
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:35 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Congratulations to both guys. Both very good players.

ditto & i'll add that knowing Matty i can say he is a top bloke
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum